Who's the appropriate contact person at HAL?

elycelynne

Did it change once the ship turned around heading back to Florida? Just trying to figure out how the conditions in the cabin would be the same regardless of which way the ship was facing and the angle of the sun.

Maybe a little bit. Because the left side of the balcony is totally exposed, I was getting a lot of sun on that side in either direction.

HAL will just have to take this cabin out of commission and turn it into a broom closest. Along with

Cabins under the lido

Cabins under the stage

Cabins by the elevator

Cabins by the rudder

Cabins by the anchor

Cabins under the galley.

Once these changes are made, each ship will only have 200 cabins available,but at least it will have that Seabourn feel

Sorry, but what did you expect when asking this question? Book a guarantee and you get what no one else wants. Lesson learned, I guess???? Why complain, you got what you paid for.

Gee, of the "guarantee" cabins I've booked I've never gotten one that seemed like a "leftover". There are plenty of reasons that a cabin may not be booked, and to insist that it is because "no one else wants" it is IMHO inaccurate. 7 of my last 8 cruises have been booked "guarantee", and all the cabins I've been assigned have been fine.

As a matter of fact, the first time DH and I cruised together, the only cabins for our category were guarantee, and I posted about when we would find out our assignment. Sure enough, somebody had to come into the thread and moan and complain about HER experience with guarantees, and how she got the WORST CABIN EVER and the ONLY cabin we could expect would be ONE THAT NOBODY WANTED. On THAT cruise, we had an awesome cabin, we LOVED it, and tried to book it on subsequent cruises. Too bad that it had been booked by other people on the 3 or 4 cruises I tried to get it on. So that pretty effectively says the cabin WE got on a guarantee was NOT one that no one else wanted.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Gee, of the "guarantee" cabins I've booked I've never gotten one that seemed like a "leftover". There are plenty of reasons that a cabin may not be booked, and to insist that it is because "no one else wants" it is IMHO inaccurate. 7 of my last 8 cruises have been booked "guarantee", and all the cabins I've been assigned have been fine.

As a matter of fact, the first time DH and I cruised together, the only cabins for our category were guarantee, and I posted about when we would find out our assignment. Sure enough, somebody had to come into the thread and moan and complain about HER experience with guarantees, and how she got the WORST CABIN EVER and the ONLY cabin we could expect would be ONE THAT NOBODY WANTED. On THAT cruise, we had an awesome cabin, we LOVED it, and tried to book it on subsequent cruises. Too bad that it had been booked by other people on the 3 or 4 cruises I tried to get it on. So that pretty effectively says the cabin WE got on a guarantee was NOT one that no one else wanted.

Yes, but did you ever want "something" from HAL or anyone else because you didn't get what you paid for??? That is basically what the OP is asking for, thus the request for contact at HAL! You book a guarantee and you will never know what you get, jeez!

OP - Your complaint about the cabin was that it was too hot. I guess you would have been satisfied with it if the A/C has worked properly? The only thing you did to try to rectify your situation was mention it to the cabin steward.

Why didn't you talk to the front desk people, the GRM, the Hotel Manager (or whatever that person is called) to try to get resolution? I really don't understand why you suffered under these conditions without going up the chain of command.

Now, after the cruise is over, you want to complain to HAL about something that could have possibly been fixed while you were on your cruise if you'd only talked to the right people and stood up for yourself.

Go ahead and write your letter, if it makes you feel better. But the next time you find yourself in a similar miserable situation, be a squeaky wheel until everything that can be done has been done to fix the problem.

Di, if you go upthread, you'll see that it wasn't a problem of the air conditioning not working. The cabin steward had someone else come in to verify that the air conditioning was working properly. The room was fine at night, after the sun had gone down. It was a matter of the room being too warm because of the sun from the almost totally exposed balcony streaming through the drapes even when they were completely closed.

What else was I supposed to do -- Go up the chain of command until someone installed an awning on my balcony?

[quote name='DizzyDallasDi']OP - Your complaint about the cabin was that it was too hot. I guess you would have been satisfied with it if the A/C has worked properly? The only thing you did to try to rectify your situation was mention it to the cabin steward.

Why didn't you talk to the front desk people, the GRM, the Hotel Manager (or whatever that person is called) to try to get resolution? I really don't understand why you suffered under these conditions without going up the chain of command.

Now, after the cruise is over, you want to complain to HAL about something that could have possibly been fixed while you were on your cruise if you'd only talked to the right people and stood up for yourself.

Go ahead and write your letter, if it makes you feel better. But the next time you find yourself in a similar miserable situation, be a squeaky wheel until everything that can be done has been done to fix the problem.[/quote]
How is it that you can get a meeting with the Hotel Manager? Does he come door to door to ask you if your cabin is ok? You make it sounds like it's something that is easy to do. When I took my last cruise on the Statendam my cabin was always 78-80 degrees IIRC. I know because they measured it several times a day. I think I complained to the front desk probably at least 10 times. They did nothing but take the temp. One day I was in the hallway and saw the guy that works on a/c problems. I asked him if he could come to my cabin. He did. After he came by I think my cabin probably went down at least 4-6 degrees. If I wouldn't have done something myself nothing would have been done. It's not as easy as people make out to get issues resolved. You'd think some people have a direct line up the chain of command.

Archived