Pizza pizza!

penguinscott

In reading about the dining options on the Spirit, it appears that the only way to get pizza is to have it delivered, which costs $5. Surely there is a place to simply order pizza gratis. But they don't seem to list it. Can anyone inform me to the pizza options better than the NCL site?

Looking forward to my first NCL cruise April 15 on the Spirit!

In reading about the dining options on the Spirit, it appears that the only way to get pizza is to have it delivered, which costs $5. Surely there is a place to simply order pizza gratis. But they don't seem to list it. Can anyone inform me to the pizza options better than the NCL site?

There was pizza on the buffet at times when I was on the Spirit back in September.

The old room service pizzas were pretty ordinary. The kind of thing I might eat out of boredom. I think the pizzas in the Italian specialty restaurant are a lot better.

On our last cruise we had one of the five dollar pizzas delivered and it was OK. Much better than the old room service kind, but not as tasty as the one from La Cucina.

It went great with the Greek Salad from the room service menu.

The old room service pizzas were pretty ordinary. The kind of thing I might eat out of boredom. I think the pizzas in the Italian specialty restaurant are a lot better.

On our last cruise we had one of the five dollar pizzas delivered and it was OK. Much better than the old room service kind, but not as tasty as the one from La Cucina.

Thanks, I'll save my appetite for something else:-)!!

Not knowing yet what this pizza looks like or what ingredients is included I cannot believe they charge this much. There is a pizza war going on in the US and a large of any kind can be had for $10 bucks.

I will not pay $5 bucks for a pizza unless it is a large deluxe splattered with goodies.

You hear that NCL.

Not knowing yet what this pizza looks like or what ingredients is included I cannot believe they charge this much. There is a pizza war going on in the US and a large of any kind can be had for $10 bucks.

I will not pay $5 bucks for a pizza unless it is a large deluxe splattered with goodies.

You hear that NCL.

Well, unless your local Dominos or Pizza Hut makes deliveries to cruise ships on the high seas, their $10 price is of no relevance.

By the way. last I checked $5 is less than $10, so you can order two NCL pizzas for the price of one of those delicious :rolleyes: chain pizza shop pies.

Well, I know I'm fairly new to cruising; this will be my 4th. But the 3 ships I've been on all had free pizza (with MSC Opera having THE best, even if it took forever to get it). It's just nice to be able to get some pizza on an afternoon. I can't imagine having to pay $5 for what other ships pass out for free, even it's like a $10 pie in the states.

I do send a critique (more than just the last day survey) to each line after my cruises. This may be a note I'll need to make to NCL. I mention it because the more they hear from passengers about it, the better chance of having pizza included.

It also seems that with, what, 7 pay restaurants, that they'd have pizza included in the complimentary offerings. I can understand charging for it if it's delivered to the room, who wants to be responsible for delivering 600 pizzas a day when charging can slash the numbers (simply pulling a number from the air, I have no idea how many people would order pizza to their rooms were it free).

I can understand charging for it if it's delivered to the room, who wants to be responsible for delivering 600 pizzas a day when charging can slash the numbers (simply pulling a number from the air, I have no idea how many people would order pizza to their rooms were it free).

But the kicker is you can order the pizza to be delivered ANYWHERE on the ship...Poolside, bar, one of the lounges, heck even to the gym, although I wouldn't do that to the people trying to burn off calories! :p

That being said, we had the pizza on the Spirit when it was free and it was nasty - Really truly disgusting. When we sailed the Dawn, they had implemented the $5 charge and added the "deliver anywhere" as an option. The Dawn's pizza while much larger wasn't really all that much better. I like cheese, but I don't want to bite into a pizza and feel like I'm swimming in greasy cheese....A little more sauce wouldn't hurt either!

FYI...You can get whatever toppings you want on the pizza (provided they have them stocked) and the charge is still....$5, and delivered ANYWHERE!

I do send a critique (more than just the last day survey) to each line after my cruises. This may be a note I'll need to make to NCL. I mention it because the more they hear from passengers about it, the better chance of having pizza included.

You may be very right, but you also may be just a handful of people that take issue with this. I'm sure most that don't agree with the additional charge, just choose not to order it. Those that don't want to pay extra or don't want one made fresh but have to have it will probably get it from the buffet which some people say is horrible others say it is fantastic.

It really is all about choices and where you wish to spend your $5. I certainly wouldn't be spending $5 on a pizza, when the ship has so many more great things to eat that are included in the price. But that is a choice that I make. Someone else may think it is a great deal to have it delivered pool side where they don't have to leave their comfy lounge chair to go and get something to eat.

Sailed the Spirit in Dec 2011. Grabbed a slice off the buffet while passing by. Took one bite and tossed it, really bad.

Sailed the Sun in Dec 2010. They had a pizza bar next to the sports pub. Much better pizza but still nothing remarkable.

As Destinate noted, there is free pizza on the Sun in the dining venue next to the sports bar. They even serve a breakfast pizza. Quite good.

Best pizza on the seas for me is the Carnival goat cheese and wild mushroom :)

It is a 16-inch pizza delivered anywhere on the ship. $5 is not that bad. I know of Cruise Critic Meet and Greets where they ordered numerous pizzas to be brought to Bliss and enjoyed bowling, beer and pizza. It comes in a cardboard box. What is the big deal? If you want to order it, do so. If not, don't. Free pizza is still available on the buffets.

It is a 16-inch pizza delivered anywhere on the ship. $5 is not that bad. I know of Cruise Critic Meet and Greets where they ordered numerous pizzas to be brought to Bliss and enjoyed bowling, beer and pizza. It comes in a cardboard box. What is the big deal? If you want to order it, do so. If not, don't. Free pizza is still available on the buffets.

Well put Linda

We will probably order a pizza on our next cruise. My husband is a pizza fanatic. It might not be the best pizza but I think he will enjoy it. I may or may not eat any... no cheese, please... so I guess we will share it with others. Or not:eek:!

This was my reaction, too. I wanted to give the $5 pizza a try on my recent Gem cruise and see if it was any good. I was surprised that it was decent - better than the previous room service pizza and much larger, but not as good as the ones served in La Cucina. The "free" pizza served in the buffet was closer to the previous room service ones.

Archived