"Reasonable amount" of soda

jgmpuma

Carnival's policy used to state that you could bring on a reasonable amount of beverages, they have since changed it to a 12 pack (up to 20 ounces each) on board in your carry-on.

I think it says a package of 12, so they can be mixed.

someone might see 12 pack and think it means you have to bring one twelve pack of the same kind.

Does Carnival consider a 12-pack of soda to be a reasonable amount?

And don't be surprised if you bring a 12 pack of canned soda that the "package" is opened by inspectors at the security point. To many people have tried to "smuggle" beer on by opening the box and resealing it with soda showing through the handle area.

What about when you're at a port? Are you allowed to bring a couple of sodas or waters back on the boat with you or is it only at the initial boarding?
You seem to be able to bring on pretty well what you wish. Watched people bringing on 12 packs of water with no issues.

Does Carnival consider a 12-pack of soda to be a reasonable amount?

I think it says a package of 12, so they can be mixed.

someone might see 12 pack and think it means you have to bring one twelve pack of the same kind.

Since she specifically asked about a 12 pack I think my answer was fine.

Can someone please tell me about carrying soda's on board. I keep reading that it has to be in carried on luggage, but last year we had in in a duffle bag. All soda's, no alcohol. It was delivered just fine. Does anyway have an experience lately that the checked in bags had soda in it and it either did not make it to the room or was confiscated? I like to bring the little bottles of diet drinks but I wanted to see if anybody lately has left it in the checked in bags?

Can someone please tell me about carrying soda's on board. I keep reading that it has to be in carried on luggage, but last year we had in in a duffle bag. All soda's, no alcohol. It was delivered just fine. Does anyway have an experience lately that the checked in bags had soda in it and it either did not make it to the room or was confiscated? I like to bring the little bottles of diet drinks but I wanted to see if anybody lately has left it in the checked in bags?

There is a thread right now where the person checked wine with their luggage and it was confiscated, although in that case it sounded like the wine was in it's own box. Bottom line is the policy specifies that it be in your carry-on, so put it in your checked bags at your own risk (I doubt that it would be confiscated but you might end up having to waste time going to the naughty room).

Archived