cafe al Bacio/ Princess Internaltional cafe

jodi58

I LOVED this feature on Millennium. There was always live entertainment there in the evenings. We would always stop for tea on our way from dinner to the show. A lovely intimate setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Douglas:) the set up on Millennium is quite a bit different from the

S class.

• 1 month later...

I know this in an old-ish thread, but I was looking for information on a coffee bar on the Solstice, so I feel compelled to respond. Believe it or not, my husband and I have been on the Solstice and the Equinox (as well as other Celebrity ships) in the past, and we NEVER stopped at Cafe al Bacio. I've always noticed the gelatto cart but never realized (in my cruise fog?) that there was a real coffee shop on-board. :o We loved the International Cafe on Princess, so I just couldn't believe Celebrity didn't have one, which is why my search began.

Anyway, this time (we sail in ~5 weeks), we will be stopping by for some specialty coffees. I'm now trying to figure out if a non-alcoholic beverage package (or maybe even alcoholic, er alcohol?) package would work for us. We like wine with dinner and probably one specialty coffee per day. We'll be dining in Blu, so we get smoothies there, so I'm not sure a beverage package is for us, but I'm tempted. Just the thought of a delicious coffee or tea anytime I want sounds wonderful.

I do a have question after all this commentary: What are the hours at Cafe al Bacio? That could make a difference in my final decision.

Thanks!

I know this in an old-ish thread, but I was looking for information on a coffee bar on the Solstice, so I feel compelled to respond. Believe it or not, my husband and I have been on the Solstice and the Equinox (as well as other Celebrity ships) in the past, and we NEVER stopped at Cafe al Bacio. I've always noticed the gelatto cart but never realized (in my cruise fog?) that there was a real coffee shop on-board. :o We loved the International Cafe on Princess, so I just couldn't believe Celebrity didn't have one, which is why my search began.

Anyway, this time (we sail in ~5 weeks), we will be stopping by for some specialty coffees. I'm now trying to figure out if a non-alcoholic beverage package (or maybe even alcoholic, er alcohol?) package would work for us. We like wine with dinner and probably one specialty coffee per day. We'll be dining in Blu, so we get smoothies there, so I'm not sure a beverage package is for us, but I'm tempted. Just the thought of a delicious coffee or tea anytime I want sounds wonderful.

I do a have question after all this commentary: What are the hours at Cafe al Bacio? That could make a difference in my final decision.

Thanks!

Hi, :)I don't know the exact hours but I do know they are open

from very early in the morning till after midnight;)....if that helps:D

... I'm now trying to figure out if a non-alcoholic beverage package (or maybe even alcoholic, er alcohol?) package would work for us. We like wine with dinner and probably one specialty coffee per day. We'll be dining in Blu, so we get smoothies there, so I'm not sure a beverage package is for us, but I'm tempted. Just the thought of a delicious coffee or tea anytime I want sounds wonderful...!

If you only want one specialty coffee per day I'd just pay for the items individually instead of buying one of the unlimited beverage packages. The packages are fairly expensive and really designed for those that drink above average quantities of the included beverages and/or are willing to pay extra for an all inclusive type of experience.

The classic non-alcoholic beverage package runs $14/day per person plus 15% service and the Premium non-alcoholic package is $18. A cappuccino or latte purchased individually runs around $4.00.

On Princess' IC they have shrimp salads, mushroom salads, etc. I don't remember see that on the Solstice's Cafe al Bacio. The gelato on Princess is $1.50 for 3 scoops of your choice. CaB's gelato does look a little fancier, but tastes about the same as on Princess.

Does anyone recall how much an Iglu costs at Cafe Al Bacio? Just trying to decide on a package as well and whether it is worth the cost. Would the Iglu be included in either of the non-alcoholic packages?

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We'll definitely be making several stops at the cafe. I love the idea of afternoon tea or after-dinner coffee in the candlelit (LED) setting. It sounds very inviting and romantic . . . just what I was looking for.

As for the beverage package, I tend to agree that it won't be worth it for us since we won't be drinking enough specialty coffees, etc. to justify the cost.

... I love the idea of afternoon tea or after-dinner coffee...

All the beverages, including tea, at Cafe al Bacio cost extra - $4 I think. The tea they serve there is a higher end organic tea in "infuser" type tea bags.

They have standard tea, and a good variety of them, at no-extra cost in the buffet area and room service 24/7 and at all other dining areas of the ship during meal times.

All the beverages, including tea, at Cafe al Bacio cost extra - $4 I think. The tea they serve there is a higher end organic tea in "infuser" type tea bags.

They have standard tea, and a good variety of them, at no-extra cost in the buffet area and room service 24/7 and at all other dining areas of the ship during meal times.

I believe the serve the Tea Forte little pyramids. Lovely tea.

Archived