would a laptop fit in the cabin safe on the Oasis?

I fit my netbook in the Oasis safe on an angle... Didn't take it on the Allure - hate that &$@$ slow netbook... Took the MacBook and ended up locking it to the TV mount - only thing that was secure in the room... Wasn't taking the chance of leaving it out - cost more than my total stateroom price!

I locked my iPad, had to settle it on the floor, fits exactly. They recommend locking your valuables or bringing them to the safe at GS...can you imagine having to stand in that line everytime you wanted to use your lap top:eek:

Bottom line is you will have to risk it; though I would put it out of sight when you aren't in, while I think the employees are honest, I've seen them leave doors open while working, and it would be fairly easy for someone else to slip in and out unauthorized. If nothing's showing, nothing's tempting;)

OP, our Netbook did not fit in the safe on Oasis. We hid it carefully among some other things.

For those who leave their valuables out in the open, I'd give a word of caution: remember that the door to your cabin is propped open when the steward cleans it and it may be left unattended for a minute or two.... anything of value lying out in the open is susceptible to theft by passers-by. We've all read threads here on these boards about it from time to time. Just wanted to be your friendly reminder. :) We never leave items of value sitting out in the open.

Safe is perfect for really valuable things, as much as we think a laptop or iSomething as valuable they can easily be hidden from sight in a drawer, in your luggage. No theif will have time to be rummaging thru your stuff, they will look for the grab and go.

I've left laptop and other stuff out and never had them go AWOL, YMMV.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the cabin safes? I'm wondering if a laptop or netbook could fit inside. I'll be in a balcony room if that makes any difference.

Thank you!

Archived