All Things TEA TIME

Almost Packed

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know if and when Tea time is held on NCL-Epic??

I recently went on my first Carnival cruise and although many things were underwhelming during our cruise, I really enjoyed Tea time in the Piano Lounge. It reminded me of my time in London. 15 out of the 25 people in our group went and had such a great time. There were pastries, sandwiches, strawberries, tea w/ honey... the cheese cake and chocolate pot d creme were amazing!

Cruising on NCL Epic March 16 2013 and I would really love for my boyfriend go to tea time this time around :)

• 4 years later...

We went twice on our recent Magic Cruise. The only free tea is Liptons now but it's worth going for the pastries alone. I enjoy Liptons black tea with a little milk so it was fine by me. The pastries are free and were delicious! We didn't see the items offered during tea time anywhere else on the ship. I'd recommend giving it a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do the afternoon teas offer any different variety than what you can find on the Lido deck?

I've been on other cruise lines where they offer specialty teas that are only offered at the teas. Being a big fan of trying new varieties, I love when I have that option.

Edited by chrismch

Do the afternoon teas offer any different variety than what you can find on the Lido deck?

I've been on other cruise lines where they offer specialty teas that are only offered at the teas. Being a big fan of trying new varieties, I love when I have that option.

Yes, but anything other than the basic Lipton teas are for a fee. I've never paid for one but I think I read the charge was $2.95. Some people here say they bring their own favorite tea from home and just ask for a pot of hot water from the service staff and brew their own tea.

I don't know what brand of teas are available for purchase.

A nice thread, started long ago before Carnival got so cheap!!! I loved tea time, I loved the assortment of tea, now if you want something tasty, you pay for it. I bring my own tea, have for the last two years. The pastries are wonderful, I loved the little cucumber sandwiches.

The main reason I have always enjoyed tea time, is that it is "down" time, a quiet time during a sea day, where the number of kids are down, and behaved when they are there, that the people who show up, chose to be there and it makes for a nice break from all the noise at the outdoor activities. So, while I will bring my own tea, I plan to be at tea time on my next cruise. If you are the type that want a special treat, in a small setting, then go!:D

I go to afternoon teas for the teas. If they have specialty teas I really don't mind paying extra if they are a quality tea. For me, that's not Tazo, Twinings, or Stash. It's Bewley's, Tea Forte, Fortnum & Mason. In other words, something that isn't offered in your average restaurant. One of my parents' friends owned a tea shop when I was a teen. They introduced me to the world of specialty teas and now I constantly try to find new varieties.

I absolutely love Tea Time. My last was on the Victory in the Pacific Aft dining room. We sat at a window table on a rainy Sea Day and counted five people, not including the two of us, which was interesting and perfect; no one else came! I had a specialty tea with a hint of coconut (not sure of the brand but would love to know); I like mine with cream. The smoked salmon sandwiches, chocolate fruit tarts and chocolate cake were delicious! There was no music or loud talking-- just bliss! For me, I wish the MDR for dinner had the same atmosphere.

I'm ready for another Tea Time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by KappaLady

My husband and I had tea time on the Elation in Sept/15 and it was in the piano bar. We listened to live piano music and enjoyed the sandwiches (salmon was hubbys fav) and the little desserts were good too. I asked for honey for the tea and it was provided. We will be sailing again this Dec. on the Fantasy and will be back for tea time with our teen daughter.

I also love going to Tea Time. For free they offer regular (black) tea and also green tea. They do have other teas for an upcharge, I think they said $1.95 ? Two of the ladies at our table brought their own mint tea.

Personally, I go for the treats that come with the tea ... cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon, scones, macaroons, and other cakes & pastries. It's a nice time. I'm always surprised there aren't more people there. It's always held on sea days. BUT they list it at the bottom of food & drinks section, not in the activities list, so I think most people don't even know about it.

I'm always surprised there aren't more people there. It's always held on sea days. BUT they list it at the bottom of food & drinks section, not in the activities list, so I think most people don't even know about it.

I agree that because it's listed at the bottom of that section, many people don't see it. For me, though, that's great. Less people, more peaceful: I don't have to yell across the table when having discussions.

The one thing that was not offered, or maybe I just missed it, was Devonshire cream . . .

~Profile Says Everything~

I also love going to Tea Time. For free they offer regular (black) tea and also green tea. They do have other teas for an upcharge, I think they said $1.95 ? Two of the ladies at our table brought their own mint tea.

Personally, I go for the treats that come with the tea ... cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon, scones, macaroons, and other cakes & pastries. It's a nice time. I'm always surprised there aren't more people there. It's always held on sea days. BUT they list it at the bottom of food & drinks section, not in the activities list, so I think most people don't even know about it.

I didn't even know about it for the first 5ish cruises I think. Then I couldn't talk my husband into going and the last cruise we had our 15 month old with us so we didn't even try. Really looking forward to it the next time we can go on another cruise!

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I looked up the current online prices for "The Art of Tea" which is said to be Carnival's paid option. Prices for 4 teapot-sized bags is $25. If they can serve me a pot for a couple of dollars, I'm all in.

For tea snacks, I love scones with clotted cream.

• 2 months later...
I looked up the current online prices for "The Art of Tea" which is said to be Carnival's paid option. Prices for 4 teapot-sized bags is $25. If they can serve me a pot for a couple of dollars, I'm all in.

For tea snacks, I love scones with clotted cream.

You get one tea bag for $1.95 but the water poured into those metal tea pots isn't hot enough to make a proper cuppa.