Airfare required and has to be on SALE!

akruz

Flights from Saskatoon to Ft Lauderdale are over our heads for April 6 to April 21/12 We are taking Celebrity Constellation on April 7 to 21 inclusive. What is the best tracker for these flights and YES it would have to be an international airport as coming from Canada.

dummie first timers, booked the cruise and thought we book air and hotel after. The hotel we want and hope will provide trfr from airport to hotel and than hotel to the port.

Please any help will be appreciated.:confused:

Let's start with a big dose of reality. You are really behind the eight ball. You will not likely get a "sale" to FLL for flights in April. Be prepared to spend significant money.

Moving on....

One of the best tools for you would be to use ITA software and do manual searches yourself. Do NOT rely on a "tracker"...you need to keep on this yourself. Your main gateways out of Canada would be YXE, YQR (Regina), YEG (Edmonton) and YYC (Calgary).

Running a search for your parameters on those airports, your cheapest option from YXE is about C$700 on Delta -flying into FLL on the 6th and returning from MIA on the 21st. You can cut that to about C$670 per person flying on American from Calgary, which would probably get eaten up with your costs to get to YYC. There are cheaper options for the departure from Edmonton, but returning there boosts it above Calgary. Regina is actually worse than YXE.

Below that, you won't find for your date ranges.

I would be biting the bullet right now and purchasing the ticket. I have no reason to believe that pricing will drop from YXE, nor that it will drop enough at other airports to make up the difference in transport costs to that airport.

Good luck.

Flights from Saskatoon to Ft Lauderdale are over our heads for April 6 to April 21/12 We are taking Celebrity Constellation on April 7 to 21 inclusive. What is the best tracker for these flights and YES it would have to be an international airport as coming from Canada.

dummie first timers, booked the cruise and thought we book air and hotel after. The hotel we want and hope will provide trfr from airport to hotel and than hotel to the port.

Please any help will be appreciated.:confused:

FlyerTalker has provided you with what seem to be the best deals out there, which are depressing I'm sure. I have not found any better fares after doing a quick search from several AB and SK airports to FLL/MIA.

As far as hotels, the general consensus on these boards is that the best transport from airport - hotel - cruise port is the taxi. Any hotel that provides transport will likely charge you for it and it will equal or exceed the taxi fare. So, do not use "airport transportation" as a criterion for hotel selection. Familiarize yourself with Priceline or search the other boards on CruiseCritic for hotel deals in FLL.

Since you are cruising with Celebrity you may want to check Celebrity's Choice Air option for the flights. We have used Choice Air twice to return to North America from trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific cruises. My impression is that Choice Air can offer great deals on flights returning to North America from overseas when a one-way flight is needed. They may not offer such a great deal on round-trip between Canada and Florida, but I am a great believer in checking all of my options. But you need to solve this air problem ASAP.

The Florida Departures board will have great recommendations for hotels. You can also ask for hotel recommendations on the Celebrity board. Have you joined the roll call for your particular cruise? Other roll call members will have recommendations also.

We have cruised on the Constellation twice, and love that ship. The Celebrity M-class ships have a nice balance between size and amenities.

Since you are cruising with Celebrity you may want to check Celebrity's Choice Air option for the flights. We have used Choice Air twice to return to North America from trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific cruises. My impression is that Choice Air can offer great deals on flights returning to North America from overseas when a one-way flight is needed. They may not offer such a great deal on round-trip between Canada and Florida, but I am a great believer in checking all of my options. But you need to solve this air problem ASAP.

Please be aware that the CHEAPEST of the Choice Air tickets are "specially negotiated", bulk purchased/vacation package fare classes. (Choice Air REFUSES to use the word CONSOLIDATOR, even though that is what they are).

These tickets come with SIGNIFICANT restrictions. They MAY offer great deals but the restrictions outweigh any savings you may have IF there is a glitch in your air arrangements. You DEFINITELY could miss your cruise unless you fly in two or three days in advance. Please read the sticky at the top of this forum titled Cruise Air and Air Deviation. THAT is what you are buying when you purchase the cheapest of the Choice Air/EZ Air tickets.

One way tickets at TRUE one way pricing to Europe can be had on a variety of airlines-Aer Berlin, IcelandAir, Aer Lingus, even the one way Air New Zealand from LAX to LHR is very often a bargain.

Just need to do a little thinking out of the box and explore airlines OTHER than the US carriers. OR by using the XXX city to XXX city at ZZZ date in one of the Big Three travel agencies.

thank you as we will get on this asap......I am watching itasoftware......and looking perhaps to drive to Calgary or Edmonton if it pays for gas for driving 4 of us and it will be 7 hrs from stoon to Calgary.

I will know better next time....... a real learning experience!:(

again thank you for the encouragement and info and your time for replying.:)

Flights from Saskatoon to Ft Lauderdale are over our heads for April 6 to April 21/12

Unfortunately for you, Fort Lauderdale is a popular spring break destination, and since your cruise dates overlap with spring break/Easter, you are going to see rather high fares to FLL for your travel dates.

Hoping West Jet or Air Canada would go on sale for these destinations. I do not know if Canadians do Ft Lauderdale in April as I think our break is Feb. But I will have to gambe and perhaps bite the bullet. Should have thought this process out before sending the money to confrim the cruise. A newbie!

Hoping West Jet or Air Canada would go on sale for these destinations. I do not know if Canadians do Ft Lauderdale in April as I think our break is Feb. But I will have to gambe and perhaps bite the bullet. Should have thought this process out before sending the money to confrim the cruise. A newbie!

People do Fort Lauderdale all year round. You best bite the bullet and book, lest it go higher still. Consider it a lesson learned.

Also check into Miami as well. It's a short drive. For our flight two years ago when I was paying for 9 people it was a big difference and saved a chunk of change by using MIA instead of FLL. We also flew in March/April and prices were high and never got cheaper from the time we bought them until we flew.

March break here in SW Ontario starts March 12. Even so, you're going to find that it's going to be spring break for some school juristiction from Feb right through April.

Starry eyes is that on the Delta site as i tried the itasoftware and could not find this fare. thank you ever so much that is alot better than I have seen. Thanks but where did you find this, please.

Delta$677 4/5 XYE to FLL, two nights hotel to enjoy Florida, delightful cruise, 4/21 MIA to XYE?

It's YXE

Starry eyes is that on the Delta site as i tried the itasoftware and could not find this fare. thank you ever so much that is alot better than I have seen. Thanks but where did you find this, please.

On DL's webpage, and total is $652.52 CAD. You can return from FLL for $665 CAD if you don't want to fly back out of MIA. It's also on itasoftware, you couldn't find it if you were using airport code XYE.

It's YXE

On DL's webpage, and total is $652.52 CAD. You can return from FLL for $665 CAD if you don't want to fly back out of MIA. It's also on itasoftware, you couldn't find it if you were using airport code XYE.

oops, sorry about the typos on the airport code...a bit dyslexic today?

I found it on kayak.com.

Of course, it means are you staying in Florida two nights pre cruise. hopefully, you can get a decent deal on a hotel and would enjoy some extra time down in Florida.

Also be careful as you pick your return flights...don't pick one that is too early on 4/21. You will want plenty of time to disembark, travel to the airport of your choice (MIA is further than FLL), check bags, clear security, etc.

Archived