More equals More

grozas

I am not nearly as well "cruised" as some people on this board.

I have been on the SS Norway twice, Carnival Holiday twice, Fantasy once, Ecstasy one. I am going on the Magic next summer.

I just want to express the one thing that I have taken away from all of these:

The more you do, the better time you have.

That is what modern cruising is all about - creating personal interactions.

This can be at meals, games, contests, classes, shows, the list is endless.

Another thing I have noticed is that it takes a couple of days for people to get into a cruise state of mind and let the "walls" down. That is why a 7 day or longer cruise is so different than a 3 or 4 day.

And last but not least - treat crew like you would like to be treated. Be patient. Dont bark orders. Say "Please" and "Thank You" and they will break their back for you.

A 5 day cruise is fun, 7 days is even better. We're looking at booking an 8 day cruise next. I'm not sure yet if I'd want to be on a ship for fourteen days. Even a week to ten days on a land-based vacation seems long enough. But, it also depends on what commitments you have at home (family, pets, etc.). I can't speak for others, but sometimes, when we're on a cruise, I get so focused on a couple of specific activities, I sort of forget that there are other things I want to do. At least I can honestly say I've never been bored while on a cruise. :)

The more you do, the better time you have.

That is what modern cruising is all about - creating personal interactions.

If what I wanted to do was create personal interactions, I wouldn't spend a large sum of money on a cruise ship. I'd go out into the street where I live, possibly join a few clubs, and do it on the cheap.

Cruising for me is about sitting back having everything done for me in a very nice floating hotel with infinite food available, seeing lots of different and interesting ports. But that's just me - I'm more than willing to believe other people see it differently. ;)

Cruises are different things to different people. Some don't need to be active every hour of the day and night to make it a good cruise. They don't need trivia, social interactions or anything like that. Some just like to veg out and do absolutely nothing, and they're happy as a clam. Some need to be totally active and need all the extra stuff like rock climbing walls and in line skating. Some just use the ship as transportation to get to different and exotic locales. A cruise is never just a one size fits all, and that's what's great about cruising. It can be tailor made for everyone.

I amin cruise odeas soon as I step on the ship. Less can be more....I do less. I plan to do more but the loungers looking out to sea and the Mojito's call to me...;)

My goodness. I should have proof read my post. :( I meant to say I am in cruise mode assoon as I step on the ship...:D

Archived