Future cruise credit questions...

SoBaycruiser

2.5 years ago we took our first and only cruise on a Princess ship. At the time we each bought $100 credits toward a future cruise. We are now considering cruising with Princess again and I've forgotten what the benefits are and how they are suppose to be used. I have a dim memory that the $100 would suffice as a deposit for another trip. Does one HAVE to book directly with Princess to use them? I'd appreciate any information.

Yes, the FCC serves as your entire deposit unless you're booking a full or segment of a world cruise. You can book directly or through a TA. If you give them your Captain's Circle #, they can apply it directly without your having to do anything. If you cancel, the FCC goes back into your account. The amount of the OBC you get for using an FCC depends on the cruise length and cabin type.

• 1 month later...
Can you apply a FCC to a booking that you're making online, or do you have to call Princess to do it? It didn't give me the option that I know of when I tried to make an online booking.

I would call them up. I booked our last cruise online and just figured it would work its way through the system but it didn't. One call and it was all straightened out. The onboard credits didn't get properly applied either and that was all automatically fixed when they applied the FCC.

You will get an On Board Credit for using the FCC. It ranges from $25 for a 7 to 9 night cruise in and inside cabin to $150 for a 16 or longer cruise in an outside cabin.

Are those numbers per person or per cabin? We deposited $100 each for two on our last cruise and are considering a B2B of 26 days outside cabin.

Thanks.

Are those numbers per person or per cabin? We deposited $100 each for two on our last cruise and are considering a B2B of 26 days outside cabin.

Thanks.

It is per person for each FCC, so you each get an OBC.

If you are active duty or ex military you can get an additional $100 OBC also:o

On our last cruise we had $400 in OBC from applying our FCC, Military and special offers.

Thanks.

For the B2B you are considering, you could each use an FCC for each leg (ie. use two each). You would then each get the appropriate OBC on each leg.

Can you apply a FCC to a booking that you're making online, or do you have to call Princess to do it? It didn't give me the option that I know of when I tried to make an online booking.

You can book online, but then have to call Princess to have the FCC(s) applied when you come to the payment page.

I'm confused now. As my first post said, my DH and I each paid for a FCC on your 2009 trip. When I booked our upcoming trip a couple months ago, I told them to apply those FCCs to our booking. I did see $200 applied on the receipt I received from the TA. I just logged into my Princess acct and see that it shows $100 applied from by FCC and $100 OBC applied. I can't seem to access my husband's circle number because we share the same email account. So does that mean he didn't have a FCC? I thought the OBC was a bonus for using a FCC. Is that not correct? Is it just a prepaid OBC? Please help explain how this works.

I'm confused now. As my first post said, my DH and I each paid for a FCC on your 2009 trip. When I booked our upcoming trip a couple months ago, I told them to apply those FCCs to our booking. I did see $200 applied on the receipt I received from the TA. I just logged into my Princess acct and see that it shows $100 applied from by FCC and $100 OBC applied. I can't seem to access my husband's circle number because we share the same email account. So does that mean he didn't have a FCC? I thought the OBC was a bonus for using a FCC. Is that not correct? Is it just a prepaid OBC? Please help explain how this works.

It sounds like you each used one FCC for this booking. ($200 applied on receipt from TA). How long is the cruise? Did you book an inside cabin or outside? That will determine the amount of OBC you will receive.

What I did this last time is go through the on-line booking process up to the point of paying the deposit so that I got the cabin locked. Then I called Princess while I still had the page open, and they took it the rest of the way.

Just booked a cruise for 2013 with no FCC. We will be on a cruise in August.

Can I purchase a FCC while on board and have it be applied to the 2013 for the onboard credit portion, I am not concerned about the $100 deposit portion of the FCC as our TA had a special and I only paid $100/pp deposit for the 2013.

Archived