kiddy pools

ChickyfromVA

Most ships don't allow anyone (child or adult) who isn't "potty trained" in the pools...not even with a swim diaper. If Epic is a ship without a baby "splash" area, then bring a blow-up duck tub...you can use an ice bucket to scoop some water in it....and pour the water into a floor or shower drain (not the pool!) when you're done.

Even though a swimmie will "hold in" solids, the pool water is still circulating through whatever is in the diaper...not good! The ship's pools aren't set up for that sort of filtration!

Great looking pool area. But, children who are not potty trained cannot take advantage of it.

From NCL's website

Are there any pool regulations?

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

The pools are not chlorinated. An accident would mean that the pools would be closed down for at least a day.

I don't think the kiddie area (at least the tunnel part and one side of it) was an actual pool. There were sprinkler type contraptions just spraying water out and draining away. I know when we were on the Epic we seen a lot of babies with swim diapers on in that area. It wasn't an area to actually sit in water. So, I'm not sure what the regulations were in this area.

I don't think the kiddie area (at least the tunnel part and one side of it) was an actual pool. There were sprinkler type contraptions just spraying water out and draining away. I know when we were on the Epic we seen a lot of babies with swim diapers on in that area. It wasn't an area to actually sit in water. So, I'm not sure what the regulations were in this area.

Doesn't matter - still no diapers allowed. If there were any, then someone was NOT doing their job and should have been reported as those selfish people with diapered babies in the kiddie area were putting everyone else in danger of ecoli poisoning.

I saw kids with swim diapers in the main pools on Carnival a few weeks ago. I also saw them in swim diapers in the kid pool as well. I was so tempted to bring DS into it myself, but he wanted a nap and that was that.

I brought a blow-up pool with a cover (SPF 50) for our balcony - DS loved it, and we brought it up on deck as well. We simply found lounges near shade, positioned him so he was entirely shaded and he had a great time. :)

Archived