Is this Possible?

akruz

We are having trouble getting our air fares expenses down in price from Canada to FLL. Someone who is doing a western caribbean from Port Everglades and is from the prairie province is flying down to MIami and staying at a hotel who will not only pick him up from airport but take him to Port Everglades from Miami. I cannot believe this and no name of the hotel was mentioned. I cannot see this for free. Is this possible? I assumed rental car, etc.

Do I have this in correct thread or should I put in the Port Everglades thread. As I will redirect if I get direction to do so.

Anyone with info on this matter would be grealy appreciated.

We cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale two weeks ago, and the inexpensive ($110/night) hotel in which we stayed shuttled us to and from the pier without charge, other than a gratuity we chose to give the driver.

I'm sure this is a service that most hotels offer in order to pick up a lot of the lucrative cruise business.

We are having trouble getting our air fares expenses down in price from Canada to FLL. Someone who is doing a western caribbean from Port Everglades and is from the prairie province is flying down to MIami and staying at a hotel who will not only pick him up from airport but take him to Port Everglades from Miami. I cannot believe this and no name of the hotel was mentioned. I cannot see this for free. Is this possible? I assumed rental car, etc.

Do I have this in correct thread or should I put in the Port Everglades thread. As I will redirect if I get direction to do so.

You will find lots of info on the Florida Departures board. That is a great place to be researching.

I have not heard of, and have trouble believing a hotel is providing a Miami to Port Everglades shuttle for free. That is a 45 min drive each way. I would be curious to see what the rate for the hotel is, because I am sure it includes a upcharge for the shuttle.

New salt are you saying you got shuttled from Miami hotel to Port Everglades. My question was from a Miami Hotel to shuttle clientelle to port everglades. Sorry if I am not understanding your reply.

We cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale two weeks ago, and the inexpensive ($110/night) hotel in which we stayed shuttled us to and from the pier without charge, other than a gratuity we chose to give the driver.

I'm sure this is a service that most hotels offer in order to pick up a lot of the lucrative cruise business.

Most hotels do not provide this service, but some do. The OP was referring to getting from Miami to FLL.

My thread might be a little confusing. I am asking if one stays at a Miami hotel does the hotel shuttle you to port Everglades. I cannot see it for free. Yes, one can tip for sure. I am asking as I would look for flights to Miami. I do not know if it costs more to fly to Miami and return home from Lauderdale.

thanks

Maybe the reservations are made through a travel agent who gave free transfers? This happens often.

I am thinking if there is an alternative way of transport from Miami Intl airport to a hotel in Lauderdale. We could than shuttle from a Lauderdale hotel to the cruise port in Lauderdale to catch cruise. On way back a modes of transportation from the port to Miami to catch flight.

Does anyone know where I can get this type of info or have done this scenaro themselves.

The Miami hotel running a shuttle is a little much to accept. Unless, there really is a hotel that does this.

Thanks for any insight on this matter.

I have not ever heard of a hotel that does this, but I suppose it's possible. Can you ask your friends what hotel it is? Maybe it is some special package they booked.

You will just have to figure out if flying into Miami is cheaper for you; usually for us Ft. Lauderdale has cheaper fares, but we're in Nebraska.

Then, if you can't find a hotel with a free shuttle, you have to factor in the cost and inconvenience of flying into Miami and finding/paying for transportation to Ft. Lauderdale. It can be done fairly reasonably using various services that you can find on these boards.

If it's cheaper to fly into Miami after comparing hotel costs and possible shuttle costs, maybe that will work for you.

Thank you for all taking time to help us out. We are in a bit of a pinch as we did not consider in our budgets how high the airfare would be. Surprise. But in the future I will know much better. Or perhaps a great sale will happen in the near future.

Archived