snorkeling gear and travelers checks

louva

Hi everyone, Were going to the Caribbean and I would like to take my own snorkeling gear. I know they have it but I still would like my own. Question: Does anyone know if you can take your snorkeling stuff on the plane? Carry on or packed? Also question # 2. Were going on Celebrity Summit. Does anyone know if you can cash travelers checks on the ship? We would like to have some cash but really don't want to walk around with a lot of cash. Thanks for you help in advance. ;)

You can definitely bring your snorkel gear on a plane. We always check ours rather than carry it on, just out of convenience. (We also started just taking our goggles and snorkel and now leave our flippers at home to save space and weight in our luggage.)

Definitely double check with Celebrity regarding cashing your traveler's checks and make sure that they don't charge you to do so. I've never done that on a ship, so I can't help you there.

OH takes his own snorkelling gear- one fin in my case, one in his.....:D

They're not very heavy, and sit well in the bottom of a suitcase.

You'll probably prefer your own goggles etc., rather than strange ones....plus, his snorkel is more complicated that a lot of hired ones.

No problems if you've a deep case....our only problem was he went snorkelling in the Red Sea on our last morning, then had to dry everything and pack it damply in his case.....:rolleyes:

Jo.

Hi,

We have taken our gear on with us to two Caribbean cruises and got tons of use out of it. The only problem is that it is sooo heavy to carry around the rest of the day! We would have 6 snorkels, goggles, snorkel vests, assorted water shoes, underwater camera, rash guards(we get sunburns easily!). Man that is one heavy bag - even without fins!

We always sort of gripe about who has to carry the snorkeling bag - lol.

But it is worth it to have masks that fit and nice dry snorkels for my younger kids.

We have a dig duffel that is pretty much dedicated to being the snorkeling bag that helps us stay organized in the cabin.

Enjoy your trip -

Colleen

Archived