my review is up for Silhouette January 17th

juju2454

Hi thank you for posting your review.

I have a question regarding this:

We booked for the 11:30 port shuttle, my only complaint was that we booked our room a year and a half in advance yet the shuttle was booked according to when you checked in, sorta unfair but for the money our cars were stored the entire 12 days inclusive for $203 a room we had 2 rooms (8 people) the shuttle was on time. The driver was very pleasant and chatted with us the entire drive.

Does the $203 include the shuttle to the ship and back?

Also do you have any pictures of your inside stateroom? We are also on deck 8 inside on our upcoming Silhouette cruise.

Thanks.

I was also on the January 17th sailing with a group of 8. I agree with your review almost entirely with the exception of the main dining room. We had select dining rather than a fixed dining time and we were extremely disappointed with the service. I have been on many Celebrity cruises and the MDR service has always been great, but everyone in our group was very disappointed with the Select service. I won't book another cruise where Select dining is the only option.

I was also on the January 17th sailing with a group of 8. I agree with your review almost entirely with the exception of the main dining room. We had select dining rather than a fixed dining time and we were extremely disappointed with the service. I have been on many Celebrity cruises and the MDR service has always been great, but everyone in our group was very disappointed with the Select service. I won't book another cruise where Select dining is the only option.

You make it sound like Select dining was the only option. It was not. There were regular "main" and "late" seatings. We were in late seating and had fabulous service from our waiter and ass't waiter. Head waiter was usually wandering around and always asking if everything was to our satisfaction. It was.

You should have switched to a fixed time and table.

Hi thank you for posting your review.

I have a question regarding this:

Does the $203 include the shuttle to the ship and back?

Also do you have any pictures of your inside stateroom? We are also on deck 8 inside on our upcoming Silhouette cruise.

Thanks.

Yes the 203 includes shuttle to and from the ship.... they were very prompt.

I have just one of our cabin but will check with SIL he may have taken some of his ISC and I will post them if he did. Ours is with us in it and nt much is visible....;)

Just curious//was this a school vacation week, how many children on board..?

thanks for the detailed review...

No not a vacation week only about 10 children on board, the school's sorta allow this as a home schooled child can do it and use it as a "history" assignment so it was just that, they had to write about what they did ect...:D

We did have fixed seating, but the people behind us (party of 6 or 8) had select and were usually seated around 8:40 ( we had late seating) and they had the same wait staff we did and raved about them too( we heard them and them us, every night) so I don't know where you were seated? We were in the bottom back right....

• 2 weeks later...
You make it sound like Select dining was the only option. It was not. There were regular "main" and "late" seatings. We were in late seating and had fabulous service from our waiter and ass't waiter. Head waiter was usually wandering around and always asking if everything was to our satisfaction. It was.

You should have switched to a fixed time and table.

We didn't have an option for early or late dining. We were told that select dining was our only choice.

Enjoyed reading your review ... was surprised at how many seniors were on our cruise (not that we're that young anymore) - most were great but there are always a few that seem to be ignorant of others - our first cruise with Celeb - won't be our last!

Loved the review, we are booked for th eRelection next Feb

Do you know what the cost is for the meals served on the lawn? Did you do this?

Thank you

Lawn Grill was cover charge of $40 pp. We did not do this as we just didn;t want to pay that for grilling food, but I have heard others say it is hit or miss.... and still others way it was wonderful, so I suppose it depends on what your looking for? I can grill at home ( and hubs is a darn good griller!) so I went to MDR each evening and got to taste food I have never had nor would probably ever get to make for myself... :)

Have a great cruise!!!

Archived