LIVE from the Grand Princess - 14 days - February 4 - 18, 2012

Pia1913

Hi Lynda,

When we were on right after the drydock, our cabin balcony was a mess but the cabin inside was fine. We were on Caribe deck.

What deck or cabin were you in. We are scheduled to do South America next year (49 days) and will be in Baja510.

Also did you have any issues with the elevators getting stuck, or toilet flushing problems?

Got any cruises planned? Our next one is Diamond (asia to Vancouver) this year.

Hope all is well with you.

Regards,

Gloria:D

Hi Gloria, we were in cabin Aloha 227. Did not have any issues with elevators or toilets. Thank G-d for the toilets working correctly as we use them often enough! :p

My next cruise, believe it or not, is the same one we just did only going with a different group in December of this year. There's something about the warm weather, Caribbean cruise that I just love. I hate flying to FLL, but love the cruise. I don't ever really sit in the sun, but love the warm weather shade. Did you go to that new area directly about the family pool that's like a sun porch with cushy chairs and ceiling fans? Spent many hours reading (napping) up there. A wonderful area.

Have fun on your cruises and hope to cruise with you again! :D

Lynda,

Things like minibar, winetasting, most traveled function and internet are given based on the shortest cruises being sold, no matter how you book. Since your cruise was also sold as two 7 day cruises, that is the way the Platinum & Elite benefits are given.

Thanks Paul, that's good to know! :p

You know I can't keep away. Just saying hi before saying goodnite. Lynda, we talked about you at dinner tonight. You too Gloria. Are your ears ringing?

OK..............hasta manana.

Hi Pia, yes my ears were definitely burning. Would loved to have joined friends on this cruise. Looks like quite a few! Keep posting! :p

Pia, thanks so much for the updates from the Grand. I have been enjoying them immensely. If I recall correctly, the Grand was in drydock after our E. Med 12 day cruise in 2009. I may have missed it, because I was off the boards for a lengthy period, but I am guessing that they put in the usual Princess upgrades? And good job on the trivia contest. It seems like we always start out well in those contests, but by the time we get to the last five questions or so, we end up getting stumped. Oh, well, it is still fun to play.

Good luck to you and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Good Morning on turnaround day in Ft. Lauderdale. I am doing this before breakfast, as I do every morning. However, I have no clue as to whether or not I’ll be able to post it. Will find out shortly. Meanwhile, we will need to leave the ship before 10:00 and they promised us we would be back on by 10:30. We are at pier #21; the pier where you can walk to nowhere. We have enough wine for another week, so our provisions at least are taken care of.

The Ship’s officers remain the same, except that the hotel manager Richard Harry who was supposed to be here last week finally arrived; and Adam Gorst who had to stay an extra week went home.

On today’s agenda is a movie in the theater at 12:30 - “50/50”, line dancing, and trivia. This is not a usual embarkation day schedule, so we are happy to see someone cares to do something different for those on the B2B. Tonight, other than the welcome aboard show will be the movie “Warrior” in Vista and “Sarah’s Key” on MUTS. We intend to make at least one of the three movie presentations today and definitely don’t need to see another welcome aboard show.

The hour we got back last night we will lose again tonight. Easy come; easy go.

BTW, that monster Oasis is sitting right outside my window. See you later. We have to hurry for breakfast before they close.

Good Morning on turnaround day in Ft. Lauderdale. I am doing this before breakfast, as I do every morning. However, I have no clue as to whether or not I’ll be able to post it. Will find out shortly. Meanwhile, we will need to leave the ship before 10:00 and they promised us we would be back on by 10:30. We are at pier #21; the pier where you can walk to nowhere. We have enough wine for another week, so our provisions at least are taken care of.

The Ship’s officers remain the same, except that the hotel manager Richard Harry who was supposed to be here last week finally arrived; and Adam Gorst who had to stay an extra week went home.

On today’s agenda is a movie in the theater at 12:30 - “50/50”, line dancing, and trivia. This is not a usual embarkation day schedule, so we are happy to see someone cares to do something different for those on the B2B. Tonight, other than the welcome aboard show will be the movie “Warrior” in Vista and “Sarah’s Key” on MUTS. We intend to make at least one of the three movie presentations today and definitely don’t need to see another welcome aboard show.

The hour we got back last night we will lose again tonight. Easy come; easy go.

BTW, that monster Oasis is sitting right outside my window. See you later. We have to hurry for breakfast before they close.

Good cruising for another week.:) Let me know what you think of Curacao. We have the Trikes-Aruba set but nothing for Curacao. Never been before.

Hi Pia, I was just off the Grand on 2/4 and booked it as one 14 day. I was surprised that we got a second bar set-up on week 2 as well as invites to the 2nd wine tasting and second Most Traveled Passenger Lunch. We had Roger Bilton who I found very adorable with a wonderful personality. A good name for him would be Captain McCutie! He came with his full staff to both weeks of M&G.

My only complaint, and not a huge one but worth mention, is that my cabin was in dire need of an update. The carpet was so warn that there were holes in it. Also, the balcony dividers were all cracked with concrete breaking all over. Not a great sight. Other than that, the ships upgrades were great.

Have a wonderful time and say hi to Franky and Jack and Denise and Brian for me. :p

Do you recall the cutoff number for the luncheon?

That monster will be our home come next Saturday. Too bad you won't still be on the Grand to wave to us...lol. At least you still have this coming week to enjoy . Have fun!

Hope they also give us a change of entertainment on second leg of our trip from Beijing Pia especially the latter part when we will have 6 sea days.The Roll Call is humongous I don't see us fitting in the Wheelhouse if all turn up.

Pleased this cruise is going well for you.......If you get a duplicate piece of crystal at most travelled on this section I can leave a space in my luggage rather than you canning it.....Heather:D;)

Pia, Thank you for taking time to answer. We will miss you next week.

Billy Hygate is a great cruise director! Glad you have activities today.

Enjoy having the ship to yourself for awhile. It won't be the same without you on next week. Bon Voyage! I can try to keep the live going if you want me to..Seadeck2

Thank you Pia, I am following along as usual.

I also wanted to let you and Amelia know that tomorrow is Fabrizio's birthday!

OMG Carolyn, thanks so much for telling me, I adore that man and will call him!

He calls me occasionally, can't help love that guy and my DH feels the same!

Hi people, you still with me? Report on turnaround; very fast and fluid. We checked out at 9:52 and were back having coffee at the IC at 10:15. Totally unexpected, but possible when all passengers read and follow instructions. Since I was able to use my cell, I managed to also speak to the immediate world.

It is now 3:00 and an announcement is now happening regarding muster. So we are happily ensconced in our cabin not having to do it. Can you see me smiling? :D

We had planned to see Sarah’s Key on MUTS at 5:30, but even now when the ship is still in port it’s too cool to be outside. Perhaps they will show this one on cabin TV tomorrow. Otherwise, the rest of our day will be the One5 and dinner in HC.

Seadeck: don't know what you mean. We are still here. :confused: Or is it the week of the 18th you mean?

Goodbye for today. See you in the AM.

Hi people, you still with me? Report on turnaround; very fast and fluid. We checked out at 9:52 and were back having coffee at the IC at 10:15. Totally unexpected, but possible when all passengers read and follow instructions. Since I was able to use my cell, I managed to also speak to the immediate world.

It is now 3:00 and an announcement is now happening regarding muster. So we are happily ensconced in our cabin not having to do it. Can you see me smiling? :D

We had planned to see Sarah’s Key on MUTS at 5:30, but even now when the ship is still in port it’s too cool to be outside. Perhaps they will show this one on cabin TV tomorrow. Otherwise, the rest of our day will be the One5 and dinner in HC.

Seadeck: don't know what you mean. We are still here. :confused: Or is it the week of the 18th you mean?

Goodbye for today. See you in the AM.

Have read the book it is very good but I warn you also sad......Heather

.[/size][/font]

You expect us to believe that over 800 passengers read and followed the instructions?

We were able to stay in our cabin on our Ruby B2B Rome-Venice-FLL. The muster announcement was piped into the cabin, so we still heard everything, but in more comfort.

Archived