LIVE from the Grand Princess - 14 days - February 4 - 18, 2012

Pia1913

Welcome to Aruba where we’ve just arrived on a beautifully warm and sunny day. Oh yes, humidity has arrived too. We were here last year for about the 7th or 8th time, so will just meander about when we decide to leave the ship. We will be here all day; departure scheduled for 5:00 PM

We had lots of our own fun last night starting at the One5 and continuing through dinner, which for us ended at 9:00. Six of us dressed all in red and black and exchanged cute valentine’s cards and gifts. I now have an adorable Styrofoam personalized heart hanging outside my cabin door. Thanks ,Franky. I also ate one part of my gift; a delicious chocolate caramel heart. Thanks, Denise. I think. ;)

Nothing happening during the day and tonight there’s more Motor City, I Don’t Know How She Does It on MUTS and a hypnotist (Matthew Fallon) in the theater.

Wifi seems to be coming and going and just a few minutes ago it went. I will try posting asap and return later in the day.

No Bill, trivia is still on Just bored with it this cruise and have only gone once.

Lynda: AFAIK, there is only one and it took me a long time to find it. If you find Mickey D's, Coffeelicious is across the street. Turn down the coffee shop street and walk a few blocks. It will be on the right.

Greetings Pia! Bob and I just got back from a trip to Norway. Among other activities we stayed a night in a snow hotel in Kirkenes (tip-top of Norway) where it was -20!! I have never been so cold. Finally caught up with your always entertaining "live from". Sounds like you are having a super time. I have a question about double stuff (mini bar, internet minutes, wine tasting, etc) on our China cruise. Because we are doing basically two legs (we bought it as one) do we all get the double stuff?:rolleyes:

Greetings Pia! Bob and I just got back from a trip to Norway. Among other activities we stayed a night in a snow hotel in Kirkenes (tip-top of Norway) where it was -20!! I have never been so cold. Finally caught up with your always entertaining "live from". Sounds like you are having a super time. I have a question about double stuff (mini bar, internet minutes, wine tasting, etc) on our China cruise. Because we are doing basically two legs (we bought it as one) do we all get the double stuff?:rolleyes:

Hi Meredith and Bob - Sounds like you had a good cold time. How did you manage a night in a snow hotel - sounds like fun.

For what it is worth, we booked a 14 day cruise on the Ocean Princess that was also sold as two 7 days. We did get the bar set up, internet minutes, wine tasting, etc on the second 7 day cruise. Was surprised as we didn't expect to get it. We did have to ask the Captain Circle Hostess if we were to receive everything on the second leg - we didn't automataically get it. She said sure and in less than an hour we had everything in our cabin.

Can't wait for the cruise. See you soon.

Tina and Ken

You get the wine tastings and the two bar setups but you don't get extra internet minutes. We did that on the Pacific in November and we didn't get any extra internet minutes or cabin credits. Just the bar and the wine tasting. You also get to go to the Captain's Circle party and if you qualify, the lunch for the most traveled.

Thanks, Paul, for the education. I'm not familiar with that text talk.

Hi Pia - Enjoying reading your daily updates. Your style of writing is both informative and humerous. Can you answer a question about the size of the closet on the Grand and how it compares to the Diamond, Star or Ruby. I've read that the closet on the Grand is smaller. How much smaller is it?

Hi Pia - Enjoying reading your daily updates. Your style of writing is both informative and humerous. Can you answer a question about the size of the closet on the Grand and how it compares to the Diamond, Star or Ruby. I've read that the closet on the Grand is smaller. How much smaller is it?

I just got off the Grand so I think I can answer your question. In mini suites and suites they are he same size as her sister ships. However, in the insides, ocean view and balcony cabins the closets are about half the length. This is because the bathrooms in these cabins are slightly different in shape and have a slightly larger shower.

Hi Folks: Sorry for not checking in before we left Aruba, but the day just got away from me. Besides which, it was too darn hot to think. Aruba was much hotter than Curacao. Anyway, shortly after breakfast the rains came; torrential rains. Lasted 15 minutes and got more humid. We left the ship with good intentions, but walked less than an hour when my back started bothering me. I know………..backaches are not contagious and Mike is fine. However, visions of my sciatic attack of two months ago was on the brain and all I wanted to do was get back to the ship and take something. Something was two extra strength Tylenol and that seemed to do the job. We spent the entire afternoon plopped on lounge chairs at the adult pool and then had frozen margaritas as a pre dinner “appetizer.” Compliments of the Wake Show of course. :)

We’ve just returned from seeing “I Don’t Know How She Does It” on MUTS. Silly, entertaining movie and the weather was beautiful without the need of using blankets. As we left the area, someone came around with milk and cookies. If this is a usual occurrence it’s not something I’ve ever seen. And no, we didn’t have any. :p

Thank you Caryn and Tina and others who just saved me minutes answering the closet questions.

Cnd: no Cafe Caribe on the Grand

Meredith and others: We booked this one as 14 and the second setup just arrived automatically on turnaround day. Did not get extra minutes; just 250/pp and not 150/pp twice.

See you in the AM.

Just had lunch with 2 couples who will be with us all on the April 15 cruise.We had a great time chattering away together....Me too much as usual:p Lunch at 1.00PM and we finally left at 4.00PM on Granville Island in Vancouver.

Pleased everything going well for you on this trip and that you back is behaving itself.......Heather:D

Good Thursday morning at sea , which looks to be the start of another wonderful day of good weather. Our entire cruise has basically had fantastic weather, especially for those from the cold, cold North. I have spoken to many Canadians who are absolutely enthralled by the fact they have gone swimming in February. The ship is wiggling a bit, but really, just a bit.

On today’s morning agenda is lots of stuff you can pay for at the spa, Bingo, trivia, jewelry silent auction, Walk for the Cure, a culinary demo and the main event……………ahem………..the 75% off sale. Hahahaha :D:p:D Afternoon brings us more Bingo, more trivia, an ice carving demo, the pub lunch, more stuff you can buy thru the spa, and Mr. Popper’s Penguins on MUTS.

Tonight is formal night and we’ll be attending the 2nd of three Capt. Circle cocktail parties; at 6:15. Entertainment is British Invasion in the theater and Thor on MUTS. Vista’s offering is the physical comedy of Rick Novell. To me, physical comedy means juggler. No thanks. We have seen British Invasion twice, but may not catch it because of later dinner time. There’s also a game show “Nowhere Near a Millionaire” at 9:15, which of course is a spin on the one we know. I haven’t seen this one yet done on a cruise ship.

Nothing to answer, so I guess I'll have breakfast. I am amazed at going over the 20,000 hit mark. Just shows you that idle chatter has its followers. ;)

Ooh jealous of your trip to Norway! From Carnival Splendor to splendor in the snow!

Thanks Paul for the rotflmao answer!

Thanks Pia for the fabulous poem, did you get to that place I sent you in Aruba??

Thanks Pia for the fabulous poem, did you get to that place I sent you in Aruba??

No, Amelia. Couldn't get too far from ship. Did you read about MY back? :mad:

Have fun and relax for the next two days. Only 50 odd days till we fly to Singapore. I'm ready for some chocolate chip cookies.

There will be so many more for you Tina, since you won't have to compete with Mike. He just said there are too many calories. My husband said that? :eek:

Pia & Tina,

I am ahead of you ladies, we leave for Singapore in 46 days. But then we go the other way. Taking the Ocean P to Cape Town.

Rub it in. :p Cape Town is on my list if I can ever talk Ken into it. Who's going to be your Captain? We had Ravera in Oct and he's so friendly. I love the Ocean and Pacific Ps We'll finally get to meet up with ya'll on the Grand next Jan. Oh yes, thanks for the detailed instruction for the DIY to Athens. They were perfect and we had so much fun going in on our own.

Archived