What is the mental block against handwashing??

tray

I have YET to have been on a cruise where I don't come out of the bathrom stall, wash my hands and stand there and witness at least 1 or 2 women (often more) leave their stall and immediately exit the bathroom. HOW HARD IS IT TO WASH YOUR HANDS???? I would greatly appreciate it if people would wash their hands so that I can stay healthy on my cruise and enjoy it without the dirty, non-handwashers infecting everything around me. AND.....that includes the employees of RCI. Imagine if they do the same thing (which I can almost guarantee some of them do)....go to the bathroom then walk into the Windjammer, move your fries with their hands, then wonder why everyone is sick????

It's not cruising that should be getting a bad name; it's the idiots who don't comply with simple guidelines to keep everyone safe and/or healthy.

PLEASE............to you people who normally don't believe in handwashing...be considerate of others around you and realize how many people your actions are affecting.

I will do my part to meticulously scrub my hands every chance I get, use the hand sanitizers every chance I get (and BTW the hand sanitizers should not be a substitute for washing after you've used the restroom....try both for extra safety!!), keep my hands off of railings, elevator buttons, door knobs, my mouth/nose/etc. and try to stay healthy and enjoy my cruise that I've worked insanely hard to afford to take this March.

Off my soapbox now!!:p

I have yet to be in a store bathroom or restaurant on land where the same thing does not happen. Non-hand-washers are everywhere. Washing your own hands is your best defense.

I do wonder if these folks are also the same ones that "hover" on the toilet and then do not bother to clean up their little messes. That always amazes me more. lol.

Should be interesting to see the responses on this one.

I have YET to have been on a cruise where I don't come out of the bathrom stall, wash my hands and stand there and witness at least 1 or 2 women (often more) leave their stall and immediately exit the bathroom. HOW HARD IS IT TO WASH YOUR HANDS???? I would greatly appreciate it if people would wash their hands so that I can stay healthy on my cruise and enjoy it without the dirty, non-handwashers infecting everything around me. AND.....that includes the employees of RCI. Imagine if they do the same thing (which I can almost guarantee some of them do)....go to the bathroom then walk into the Windjammer, move your fries with their hands, then wonder why everyone is sick????

It's not cruising that should be getting a bad name; it's the idiots who don't comply with simple guidelines to keep everyone safe and/or healthy.

PLEASE............to you people who normally don't believe in handwashing...be considerate of others around you and realize how many people your actions are affecting.

I will do my part to meticulously scrub my hands every chance I get, use the hand sanitizers every chance I get (and BTW the hand sanitizers should not be a substitute for washing after you've used the restroom....try both for extra safety!!), keep my hands off of railings, elevator buttons, door knobs, my mouth/nose/etc. and try to stay healthy and enjoy my cruise that I've worked insanely hard to afford to take this March.

Off my soapbox now!!:p

Most of the time I need to use an Accessible HC stall. RCCL have sinks in it's Public Accessible Stalls so I don't use the sinks in the main area of the washroom. To some that are unfamiliar with Accessible stalls it would appear as though I left without washing my hands when in fact I did. This could have been the case in some of incidents you observed.... not all but at least some.

My pet peeve are those who just wet their hand, running their hands under the faucet for a second without soap or rubbing, so as to avoid the appearance of not washing. If you are going to bother putting your hands in the water and know enough to be embarassed about not doing it, use some darn soap for goodness sake!

I have yet to be in a store bathroom or restaurant on land where the same thing does not happen. Non-hand-washers are everywhere. Washing your own hands is your best defense.

I do wonder if these folks are also the same ones that "hover" on the toilet and then do not bother to clean up their little messes. That always amazes me more. lol.

Hovers....:eek::eek:....Clean Up After Yourself.....And also Do Not Hit The Bottom Of The Hand Sanitizer..Just swipe without touching it it's NOT a pump !!:rolleyes:

And you know that people are doing this "hovering" how?

Handwashing after using the bathroom should be taught from the home as a child and becomes a habit. You can not change folks for a cruise. I also find it really gross and see it all the time. Just take your hand sanitizer and enjoy your cruise.

The handicapped stalls are taken into account for my observations, because I have a handicapped friend and realize that's the case with those sinks. :p

Unfortunatly that's never been the case with my observations.

I am a nurse and we see plenty of land based illness run rampant due to dirty hygiene. But for pete's sake....we've all heard about these outbreaks...it should just be common sense.

And yes, the best defense is to wash your own hands (which trust me, I do!), but I just don't understand why others can't do the same just to prevent a huge outbreak in a ship where things can spread very quickly.

Handwashing after using the bathroom should be taught from the home as a child and becomes a habit. You can not change folks for a cruise. I also find it really gross and see it all the time. Just take your hand sanitizer and enjoy your cruise.

AMEN!!! :p:p

Hovers....:eek::eek:....Clean Up After Yourself.....And also Do Not Hit The Bottom Of The Hand Sanitizer..Just swipe without touching it it's NOT a pump !!:rolleyes:

Hovers....lol...love it! :p

True, true about the hand sanitizer! I will be sure to remember that!

Ocean Boy... not sure if you are implying that I hover since I know about hovering, but I can assure you... I am not coordinated enough to hover! I put my rump right on the 'ol seat. lol.

I just remember recently reading a thread about hover vs. sit, (maybe not on CC), and I thought... AHA! The hovering thing must be what leads to all those wet seats I have had to clean off over the years. I just cannot fathom not cleaning up your own potty messes. ;)

When one has one's rear firmly in place on the seat one doesn't leave splatters and messes that the OP did refer to. How in the world did you think she knew?

I have no clue.... and I'll leave it at that. Maybe if women didn't do so much time checking out what everyone else is doing then the lines to get in there wouldn't be so long.;)

Ocean Boy... not sure if you are implying that I hover since I know about hovering, but I can assure you... I am not coordinated enough to hover! I put my rump right on the 'ol seat. lol.

I just remember recently reading a thread about hover vs. sit, (maybe not on CC), and I thought... AHA! The hovering thing must be what leads to all those wet seats I have had to clean off over the years. I just cannot fathom not cleaning up your own potty messes. ;)

LOL, I wasn't implying anything. Back to the men's room for me!:D

"If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat"...I hover and I clean up if there is a sprinkle. However, if you've been taught to hover correctly, you put tissue on the seat before hovering, thus preventing any sprinkles or my clean behind accidental bumping into the gross seat. I don't sit on public toilets. It's very simple to push the tissue into the toilet after you finish without leaving drips and drops. Hovering is the sanitary way to use a public restroom. Then you go directly to the sink and wash, take a piece of tissue and open the door without touching the handle.

Archived