Should I ? Would You?

Jerseygirlinohio

I put a deposit on a cruise threw carnival. Final payment is due the 9th. eeek Thursday!

A online TA... has offered me a $50.00 obc if I switch my booking over to her before finale payment. I had her send the offer email and it says there are no fees. I checked the BBB all looks good. I feel secure with going threw carnival because thats all I've ever done. Would you switch for a $50 obc?

Whats the pro's and con's here?

TIA, Kym

I put a deposit on a cruise threw carnival. Final payment is due the 9th. eeek Thursday!

A online TA... has offered me a $50.00 obc if I switch my booking over to her before finale payment. I had her send the offer email and it says there are no fees. I checked the BBB all looks good. I feel secure with going threw carnival because thats all I've ever done. Would you switch for a $50 obc?

TIA, Kym

With final payment due in two days - I would NOT switch over (not for $50 OBC).

TIA, Kym

You have 60 days from booking (if booked before final payment) to transfer to a TA. Me personally, l like to have control over my booking. Others swear by their PVP. Just personal perference. You would have to go thru he/she each time you wanted to do anything to your booking. You could call Carnival to have them answer questions, but they can't give you specifics of your booking. If you are able, $50 is $50. You are almost to sailing so if you aren't going to make anymore changes, why not.

Good luck & happy sailing!! :D

As a rule no, I wouldn't switch. If there are any problems you would have to go through the TA and CCL wouldn't deal with you.

For me personally, I agree.

Also if you booked early saver. You will have to contact that TA to fill out the form for a credit. If you stay with CCL, you can go to web and fill it out and submit it in a matter of minutes.;)

I wouldn't do it. I usually book my own vacations, but for this cruise I had a $350.00 credit to use from credit card points and had to book it thru a certain travel agency to use. HATE IT! Agency is in CA and I'm in OH, so everytime I want to talk to her I have to wait because of the time difference. Then I had a price drop, and TA's don't like price drops cause they lose commission. She sends me an email and says it's only $33. Well, honey $33 is almost the tips for one person on a 5 day cruise. Then, I had friends going and had to call her to link our cabins for the dining room. Carnival will not let you change/add anything on your own if you are booked thru a travel agent. I would not do it for $50, I would for $350 of course.

At this point would stay where you are.

I agree...and why should that TA get any commission when you did all the work researching, booking, etc? Plus it doesn't seem like you are very familiar with this TA since you had to check BBB. Personally, I would not risk it this close to your cruise date (but maybe keep her in mind for your next one.)

Whatever you choose- enjoy your cruise! :)

Thank you all for the quick reply's. I have beat this around since yesterday. lol, One side of the brain saying $50 is $50 and the other side saying you have called carnival 4 times and got price reductions and never had a problem. They were very nice. The TA is in orlando I am in Ohio, That made me nervous also. Thanks again, I'm not one to go to far out of my comfort zone and needed your advice. I feel better knowing I'm not crazy for turning down $50. lol

TIA, Kym

Not sure that you can switch it over, it must be within 30 days of booking. You have done all the work , why give the TA a commission for doing nothing, and then having to deal with them for everything?

Archived