What drinks can you take onboard?

cwnhokie

I've been looking on here and on RC website and can't find a list. We have sailed on Carnival in the past but I read that while a bottle of wine is allowed on Carnival it's not of RC. How about soda? On carnival we have just carried on a 12 pack of sodas. How about juice? My 4 year old is addicted to apple juice, can we take a bottle of that? Thanks!

We took some juice boxes for our kids 2 years ago--they only drink apple juice and are rather picky about brand too. We took an 8 pack of juice and a few water bottles with sports tops (that we then refilled on board) in a backpack and left it with our suitcases with the porter. I have not read anywhere that they are confiscating soda or water (but they are definitely checking/taking alcohol) but have also read that sometimes the cases of water or soda that are left with luggage don't make it to the cabins.

Get youre kids off apple juice 7 days on a cruise is a good start read the lable it's all sugar we don't need more diabetes. HAVE THEM DRINK WATER PLEASE OR THEIR GOES MY INSURANCE .

LOL.. Really. Don't you have your own kids to parent? This board never ceases to amaze me.

OP. Just pack non-alcoholic drinks and check it in. Worse they will do is confiscate it.

Get youre kids off apple juice 7 days on a cruise is a good start read the lable it's all sugar we don't need more diabetes. HAVE THEM DRINK WATER PLEASE OR THEIR GOES MY INSURANCE .

1) they only have about 3/4 cup a day (if that)

2) they DO (and yes I meant to cap that!) drink water-in fact they ONLY drink water, apple juice and milk (and don't start on them drinking too much milk-only 1 glass a day-combined with other calcium rich foods throughout the day)

3) neither of them are close to getting diabetes

4) WHO ASKED YOU?

The OP was asking about what could be brought on board, not what we should be feeding our children. Oh and if anyone sees you at the buffet with anything but low cal, low fat, low sugar foods, watch out ;)

we cruise often and bring an 8 pack(normally 4 or 5 day cruises) of water (should be shrink wapped in original wrapping) this is so they know it wasn't replaced with vodka. We put it in a very large soft sided cooler and add a few cans of diet pepsi. We put a luggage tag on it and it ALWAYS shows up. I unpack the water and we have the stateroom attendant keep ice on it. The room refrigerator doesn't really keep anything cold. On longer cruises we have just slapped a luggage tag on a case of water without issues. This is out of port everglades. I've heard it could be different in other ports.

we cruise often and bring an 8 pack(normally 4 or 5 day cruises) of water (should be shrink wapped in original wrapping) this is so they know it wasn't replaced with vodka. We put it in a very large soft sided cooler and add a few cans of diet pepsi. We put a luggage tag on it and it ALWAYS shows up. I unpack the water and we have the stateroom attendant keep ice on it. The room refrigerator doesn't really keep anything cold. On longer cruises we have just slapped a luggage tag on a case of water without issues. This is out of port everglades. I've heard it could be different in other ports.

I checked a 12 pack of water last week on the Navigator and it arrived outside our cabin just fine. It was in the original packaging.

Last year leaving FLL there were plenty of people taking cases of water onboard, never saw anybody have a problem.

Does the water have to be checked? I was thinking of carrying on maybe a liter or 2 of Avian bottled water. Would that be allowed?

Wow about the concern for the juice I give my child, glad I didn't put how my husband and I are addicted to Diet Pepsi and want to take that onboard because we can't get out of bed without one in the morning.

So it sounds like we could check a little cooler with juice, water and Diet Pepsi in their packaging. Or carry on a 12 pack of Diet Pepsi. Just do alcohol. (Luckily, none of us are addicted to that :)

Get youre kids off apple juice 7 days on a cruise is a good start read the lable it's all sugar we don't need more diabetes. HAVE THEM DRINK WATER PLEASE OR THEIR GOES MY INSURANCE.

I agree with this.

Way too many future diabetics of the world...

Also lay off the soda for a while.

Give your kidney's a vacation also...

WOW.......what crazy responses a simple question got.

OP- we carry on diet pepsi and an 8 pack of water in those sports bottles. We don't hide it or put it in bags. We simple just walk on with it. As long as it's not alchohol and everything is sealed they don't care.

For a while, when you walked on the ship they would put your room number on it and deliver it to your room so you wouldn't have to lug it around until 1:00.

So you can bring all the apple juice you want for the kids and soda for you!! :)

I thought I would be chastised for trying to get away with smuggling drinks on board, not for my family's drinking habits. I almost feel the need to defend myself, but I can't right now. My children are sitting on the couch watching hours of television and need me to bring them their sodas, chips and candy.

i thought i would be chastised for trying to get away with smuggling drinks on board, not for my family's drinking habits. I almost feel the need to defend myself, but i can't right now. My children are sitting on the couch watching hours of television and need me to bring them their sodas, chips and candy.

lololololol!!!!!!!!:)

4-pack of red bulls and 8 pack of 5-hour energy. I don't drink coffee, and lets be honest, I beat myself up pretty good on vacation and usually need a pick me up in the evening.

My next cruise, I will bring a 8 red bulls and 10 5-hours.

1) they only have about 3/4 cup a day (if that)

2) they DO (and yes I meant to cap that!) drink water-in fact they ONLY drink water, apple juice and milk (and don't start on them drinking too much milk-only 1 glass a day-combined with other calcium rich foods throughout the day)

3) neither of them are close to getting diabetes

4) WHO ASKED YOU?

The OP was asking about what could be brought on board, not what we should be feeding our children. Oh and if anyone sees you at the buffet with anything but low cal, low fat, low sugar foods, watch out ;)

You own no explanation to someone who made such a ridiculous comment. But at least you were kind enough to be coherant, use some reasonable grammar, and include a few puctuation marks.

Archived