Interesting E Mail Special

Lazz

I get an E Mail from Celebrity with the headline: "Europe Cruises starting from $999 - includes round trip air."

I think, Wow! Airfare included! Then when I dig deeper, read the E Mail and click the link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=exceptional_air_savings_promo&ecid=em_18556048&rid=142291158&mes=Exceptional%20Air%20Savings%20Event%20Feb%202012%20Med%20Pref%20EM&emsc=CCCND710MED00EM&empf=Y&emct=S&lnkid=SPECIALS_EXCEPAIR

I then read this:

Reduced airfare helps make your Mediterranean vacation dream a reality. Airfare starts at $999.** Cruises start at $1,649†* Plus, enjoy 50% reduced deposits**

Is it me, or does this look like a little bait and switch type advertising?

I say..."NO DEAL!!"...

I get an E Mail from Celebrity with the headline: "Europe Cruises starting from $999 - includes round trip air."

I think, Wow! Airfare included! Then when I dig deeper, read the E Mail and click the link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=exceptional_air_savings_promo&ecid=em_18556048&rid=142291158&mes=Exceptional%20Air%20Savings%20Event%20Feb%202012%20Med%20Pref%20EM&emsc=CCCND710MED00EM&empf=Y&emct=S&lnkid=SPECIALS_EXCEPAIR

I then read this:

I too, received that email, and yes, there is no "interpretation" of starting at 999, includes round trip air.

Well, which cruise is 999, including r/t air??

It's not ambiguous, that means what it means, but the next page, says air "starting at 999".

Which is it, including, or starting at???

Anytime I can get rt air to europe from the mainland USA on sale, I am happy, so I think this could be a promising deal for someone wanting to fly to europe.

I do see your point about it being misleading. No defense for misleading ads. I have trained myself to go to the bottom line so I completely missed what you saw.

Hello Cruise Critic Community,

As the VP of Marketing for Celebrity Cruises, it was important that I reach out to you all and apologize for the incorrect subject line earlier today on our email for the Exceptional Air Savings Event for Europe. The pricing was correct in the body of the email as well as the link; regrettably the subject line was not. A corrected email is going out right away. Please know that we very much value your ongoing support for Celebrity. So, for any new bookings made on the select Europe sailings included in the Exceptional Air Savings Event, now through February 15th, we will automatically add a $50 credit to the stateroom onboard account so you can enjoy something special during your vacation, on us. This additional credit will be communicated in the follow up email. Again, we apologize for the mistake. Thank you for your understanding.

At 12:30 am, I just got this e-mail with the heading of "Sorry, we made a mistake." Then the body lead-offs says: "We apologize for an incorrect subject line earlier today on our Exceptional Air Savings Event for Europe. Please find the correct information below. We want you to know your support of Celebrity is very important to us. So, for any new bookings made on the select Europe sailings included in the Exceptional Air Savings Event, now thru Feb 15th, we would like you to enjoy something special during your vacation, on us. We will automatically add a $50 credit to your onboard account. Again, we would like to apologize for the mistake. Thank you for your understanding."

Good pick-up, correction, done quickly. When you make a mistake, it's best to admit it, fix it, etc. And do it fast.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 62,664 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Sorry, we made a mistake.

At 12:30 am, I just got this e-mail with the heading of "Sorry, we made a mistake." Then the body lead-offs says: "We apologize for an incorrect subject line earlier today on our Exceptional Air Savings Event for Europe. Please find the correct information below. We want you to know your support of Celebrity is very important to us. So, for any new bookings made on the select Europe sailings included in the Exceptional Air Savings Event, now thru Feb 15th, we would like you to enjoy something special during your vacation, on us. We will automatically add a $50 credit to your onboard account. Again, we would like to apologize for the mistake. Thank you for your understanding."

Good pick-up, correction, done quickly. When you make a mistake, it's best to admit it, fix it, etc. And do it fast.

Hi TLCOhio,

Agreed. Great to see that Celebrity realized the error, and corrected it quickly. The $50 OBC is a nice way of saying "we're sorry for the mistake". Good job all around by Celebrity !

As the VP of Marketing for Celebrity Cruises, it was important that I reach out to you all and apologize for the incorrect subject line earlier today on our email for the Exceptional Air Savings Event for Europe. The pricing was correct in the body of the email as well as the link; regrettably the subject line was not. A corrected email is going out right away. Please know that we very much value your ongoing support for Celebrity. So, for any new bookings made on the select Europe sailings included in the Exceptional Air Savings Event, now through February 15th, we will automatically add a $50 credit to the stateroom onboard account so you can enjoy something special during your vacation, on us. This additional credit will be communicated in the follow up email. Again, we apologize for the mistake. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello mbmomcruiser So glad to see your quick response to an unfortunate mistake, well done.

As you are VP of Marketing for Celebrity Cruises perhaps you could help me. At frequent intervals, for well over a year or more, I have been trying to get our favourite cruise line to send their offers/promotions to me via email. We have been on at least 12 Celebrity/Azamara cruises so I know they have our email address (two future cruises booked, also) but no matter how often I have tried other CC's advice on how to go about gettting them I am still waiting in vain.

Please help me, many thanks in advance.

Hi TLCOhio, Agreed. Great to see that Celebrity realized the error, and corrected it quickly. The $50 OBC is a nice way of saying "we're sorry for the mistake". Good job all around by Celebrity !

It was good, ALSO, to know that somebody was actually, in nearly real time, listening to and watching these boards. It is smart when top management stays "close" to their customers, pays attention, responds promptly when needed, etc.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 62,664 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Thanks for the correction.

PS. Bring more summer cruises back to the US.

I then read this:

Quote:

Reduced airfare helps make your Mediterranean vacation dream a reality. Airfare starts at $999.** Cruises start at $1,649†* Plus, enjoy 50% reduced deposits**

Okay, good I'm not the only one. I thought at first I had miss read the e-mail. Then I went and looked again. WHAT? This is no deal if you ask me.

Thank you for the quick correction and not only sending out the follow up email, but for posting on here as well. We all make mistakes, and I appreciate the correction and follow up!

Okay, good I'm not the only one. I thought at first I had miss read the e-mail. Then I went and looked again. WHAT? This is no deal if you ask me.

Welcome to "Marketing 101" in the Twenty-First Century. Lots of cruise lines double the sticker price and then give you either 50% off or two-for-one pricing. Such a deal???

Consumers want to think and hope they got a "DEAL" and with computer projection models getting better (or worse), the cruise lines are constantly "adjusting" their offerings and gimmicks hoping to catch people's eye and fancy. Sometimes you get lucky while at other times it's "business as usual". Keep shopping and looking. Those prices and offerings go up and down, constantly. Consumers today having more information and options, plus lack the "loyalty" to stay always with the same brand over and over. That's just the way it is in today's competitive and fast-changing economy.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 62,987 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

If you are not getting emails, have you checked your list of flagged emails? That is where mine are from Celebrity. I don't know why. Even my receipt for final payment ended up there.

If by "flagged" e-mails you mean my spam folder, yes, I check that daily. They're not in there.

If you don't want your Celebrity e-mails to go to your spam folder, select one and click on the "not spam" button. Or add Celebrity to your approved senders list.

Archived