Royal Princess 'sneak peak' video series

Astro Flyer

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the newest RCCL & NCL ships in comparison to Princess. Obviously there's a big market for those newbuilds even if the inward looking design is not what I prefer. They've probably brought in many new passengers to cruising which is good for the industry...and for those many happy passengers. :)

I have to admit I had my doubts about OASIS and ALLURE, but I've now sailed both and they are amazing ships. There is just nothing like them at sea, and they offer so much. Mind you they are not for everyone, but if you don't mind mega-ships like RUBY PRINCESS and the new ROYAL PRINCESS, you would certainly feel at home on OASIS and ALLURE. They actually felt less crowded than my cruise on CROWN PRINCESS. I find there are a lot of misconceptions about these two ships, mostly from people that have never sailed them. Almost everyone that does sail on them falls in love with them, unless they are just not large ship people, in which case they wouldn't be happy on the mega ships of any cruise line.

Personally I enjoy the mega-ships and the small ships. Each offers something the other doesn't. With this in mind I'm very much looking forward to ROYAL PRINCESS. She won't be perfect (what ship is), but she looks interesting and is something completely new and different and that is always fun. I can't wait for the deck plans! I'm hoping that book that 18 day transatlantic crossing. What a great way to really get to know this ship, and I love the fact it ends in Ft. Lauderdale just 20 minutes from my house.

Ernie

I have to admit I had my doubts about OASIS and ALLURE, but I've now sailed both and they are amazing ships. There is just nothing like them at sea, and they offer so much. Mind you they are not for everyone, but if you don't mind mega-ships like RUBY PRINCESS and the new ROYAL PRINCESS, you would certainly feel at home on OASIS and ALLURE. They actually felt less crowded than my cruise on CROWN PRINCESS. I find there are a lot of misconceptions about these two ships, mostly from people that have never sailed them. Almost everyone that does sail on them falls in love with them, unless they are just not large ship people, in which case they wouldn't be happy on the mega ships of any cruise line.

Personally I enjoy the mega-ships and the small ships. Each offers something the other doesn't. With this in mind I'm very much looking forward to ROYAL PRINCESS. She won't be perfect (what ship is), but she looks interesting and is something completely new and different and that is always fun. I can't wait for the deck plans! I'm hoping that book that 18 day transatlantic crossing. What a great way to really get to know this ship, and I love the fact it ends in Ft. Lauderdale just 20 minutes from my house.

Ernie

My 1st time on a large ship was the Grand in 2000 & I was very reluctant to sail on her. I soon discovered that with a much better design than older ships, the Grand was less congested than the older, smaller ships we'd sailed.

While the Oasis/Allure isn't currently on my radar, all of those onboard options does sound interesting. I've read there is so much to see & do that a weeklong cruise is not long enough. That's a great way for them to get repeat passengers who want to do it all.

The 18 day TA would be a great way to experience the Royal & I feel certain there are many, many others who feel the same way.

I guess I can chime in at this point. You know, I am really shy. :o Just kidding.

Itinerary, Ship Size, Cruiseline Loyalty, Timing and so it goes. These are all good reasons for choosing a voyage. And sometimes it is a combination of these factors that determine what we choose. So far, I have done small ship and megaship and I know I prefer megaship. I have done a Caribbean cruise for 14 days, a real 14-day cruise on a small ship. It left Ft Lauderdale and returned 14 days later to Ft Lauderdale. And, I have done the 7-day Alaskan Inside Passage on a small ship. Loved them both. I recently did a 10 day Caribbean cruise on a megship. I know I prefer the longer cruises.

So, my criteria is definitely a longer voyage, 10 days or more, and a megaship. Next up are a couple of those longer voyages on megaships covering other continents. Sounds like fun to me.

My 1st time on a large ship was the Grand in 2000 & I was very reluctant to sail on her. I soon discovered that with a much better design than older ships, the Grand was less congested than the older, smaller ships we'd sailed.

While the Oasis/Allure isn't currently on my radar, all of those onboard options does sound interesting. I've read there is so much to see & do that a weeklong cruise is not long enough. That's a great way for them to get repeat passengers who want to do it all.

The 18 day TA would be a great way to experience the Royal & I feel certain there are many, many others who feel the same way.

Yup, sure are.....:):):)

Bob

I think the bigger atrium is a great idea. On the grand class ships whenever there is a captains party or great musicians there never seems to be enough viewing room, with people lining the stairs to get a view.

Hopefully the international cafe will have plenty of tables as well. On the bigger ships this area is also crowded at peak times (most of the time with people who just want to sit and read)

I can't wait for March 15 to come so that we can get an idea of prices. Does anyone have any insight into deck plans? I'm just curious if the Caribe balcony cabins will be the best choice on this new style ship, as they are on the current Grand class. Or perhaps if there are mini suite cabins that offer a fully private balcony, such as those at the aft of Emerald deck.

Anyone have the scoop??:confused:

I can't wait for March 15 to come so that we can get an idea of prices. Does anyone have any insight into deck plans? I'm just curious if the Caribe balcony cabins will be the best choice on this new style ship' date=' as they are on the current Grand class. Or perhaps if there are mini suite cabins that offer a fully private balcony, such as those at the aft of Emerald deck.[/size']

Anyone have the scoop??:confused:

I don't' have any scoops, but the balconies all look to be about the same depth. I don't see one deck having deeper balconies than the others.

Yes, it does appear that there are no tiered decks like the current ships. The only tiers are for the aft cabins...

I agree that there does not appear to be any tiered balcony arrangement so no larger, partially covered, Caribe Deck balconies :( no larger, uncovered, Dolphin Deck mini-suite balconies :)/:( and no larger covered Emerald Deck mini-suite balconies :(. Also,

• It appears that the lifeboats will be visible from many balconies.
  • The lowest balcony deck (Emerald?) could have larger balconies but that does not appear to be the case from the information provided to date.
  • There are the large number of aft balconies and no sign of a vent :)
  • I wonder if the very large corner balconies will be where the suites are located?
  • There appear to be some larger balconies in the center area under the Sea Walk and the bar on the other side.

The next preview video will feature the staterooms so hopefully more of our questions will be answered soon.

i see u have done the ta cruise before how rough are the seas .I ask cuz the last cruise i got real sea sick the last day and half .. thanks

Have done 4 Transatlantic sailings, 2 out of Venice. Never been seasick, but for those with issues just come prepared with what your DR reccommends. (or a quick trip to the Ships DR will helpm you)

Sailing out of Venice is magical.

Bev

I agree that there does not appear to be any tiered balcony arrangement so no larger, partially covered, Caribe Deck balconies :( no larger, uncovered, Dolphin Deck mini-suite balconies :)/:( and no larger covered Emerald Deck mini-suite balconies :(. Also,

• It appears that the lifeboats will be visible from many balconies.
  • The lowest balcony deck (Emerald?) could have larger balconies but that does not appear to be the case from the information provided to date.
  • There are the large number of aft balconies and no sign of a vent :)
  • I wonder if the very large corner balconies will be where the suites are located?
  • There appear to be some larger balconies in the center area under the Sea Walk and the bar on the other side.

The next preview video will feature the staterooms so hopefully more of our questions will be answered soon.

Where did you hear about the contents of the next preview video? I for one hope it is staterooms and deckplans. And, I hope that next preview video comes out soon, like this week.

Where did you hear about the contents of the next preview video? I for one hope it is staterooms and deckplans. And, I hope that next preview video comes out soon, like this week.
It is on the Princess website. The topic is only "Staterooms" so I don't know if there will be any deckplans. Then there will be one on "Dining Experience".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i see u have done the ta cruise before how rough are the seas .I ask cuz the last cruise i got real sea sick the last day and half .. thanks

The first two T/A's we sailed were in Early October. Weather was pretty much, with maybe a couple of minor exceptions, great. This past October we sailed on the 19th of October and the weather was not so nice. Sailaway from Venice was cold and windy with a little rain. When we sailed to Canne it rained very hard. During the six day crossing the seas were fairly active/. We had, imhpo, only one real day of calm seas and sunshine during the six day period. Won't stop me from doing it again (with DW's permission:D) on the Royal as long as prices arn't too out of control.....:):):)

Bob

Have done 4 Transatlantic sailings, 2 out of Venice. Never been seasick, but for those with issues just come prepared with what your DR reccommends. (or a quick trip to the Ships DR will helpm you)

Sailing out of Venice is magical.

Bev

Bev;

Did you get my email.....?

Bob

About send a e-mail to the Hotel? Yes, got it and we alos got a room for 3 nights, how about you?

Bev

Bev;

Cool deal. Three days at the L/O with friends before boarding the Royal; what could be better :) I'm really looking forward to the breakfast they serve......:):):)

Bob

Bev;

Cool deal. Three days at the L/O with friends before boarding the Royal; what could be better :) I'm really looking forward to the breakfast they serve......:):):)

Bob

chocolate crepe's anyone? Yummy!

:)

I thought that part was a little cheesy too, but it's the thought that counts! LOL

I do agree that a little more color would be nice. It's typical Princess decor so far, which means a little on the bland side and nothing too cutting edge. Think Marriott meets the high seas which is not a bad thing for Princess. Consistency in decor and design has served them well. You always know exactly what to expect when stepping on a Princess ship, and pretty much they all look the same down to the carpet patterns, drapes, and light fixtures. Many of the areas shown in the Atrium Video look very similar to each other in style and decor. This is not to say it's unattractive. It's a little more daring than existing Princess ships, and perhaps we will see something a little different in the decor department when the other videos are released?

Ernie

I hope the stateroom decor get an update. They could take a cue from their sister line P & O's Azura. It's essentially a Grand Class ship with a much more contemporary look & feel, plus single cabins (a great solution for people like my single eldest brother has yet to cruise because no one will share a cabin with him due to his loud snoring!). I know I will miss my ocean-view cabins (esp. the ones with the obstructed view-they were always a great value and I often got upgraded to a better cabin anyway).

Archived