Princess wine policy

chaunceyb

What changed? It looks like the same, one bottle per adult...as per their discussion. I believe the Princess rep on facebook stated (apparently incorrectly) that this was stated in the contract.

As provided in the Passenger Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml), per voyage.*

I don't remember a size or the per voyage being there before....but maybe I'm wrong. I also thought it used to say something about boxed wine..something like it wasn't recommended, but didn't actually say it was forbidden.

As provided in the Passenger Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml), per voyage.*

I don't remember a size or the per voyage being there before....but maybe I'm wrong. I also thought it used to say something about boxed wine..something like it wasn't recommended, but didn't actually say it was forbidden.

I believe that if you look at the Passage Contract, it has been misquoted. It does not state the 1 bottle limit

Hmmm...I think you're right. Still, how many checked suitcases do you send onboard? One per suitcase, possibly two. It would be very hard for them to group all your checked luggage, and they don't even know how many suitcases to expect...Then you could also carry two up the gangway.

Also, perhaps it would be best to not bombard Facebook with queries about how the FAQ doesn't match the contract, blah, blah. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, they say, only in this case it would not be a good thing. We all know what you can do, so keep doing it until we see changes in the implementation.

Also, it might be a good idea to tone down the response alcohol carrying threads that pop up every other day. We should just say," One bottle per person-but passengers have been known to bring more." Not go on and on bragging about the 3 barrels of wine I checked onboard last trip.

Also, perhaps it would be best to not bombard Facebook with queries about how the FAQ doesn't match the contract, blah, blah. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, they say, only in this case it would not be a good thing. We all know what you can do, so keep doing it until we see changes in the implementation.

Also, it might be a good idea to tone down the response alcohol carrying threads that pop up every other day. We should just say," One bottle per person-but passengers have been known to bring more." Not go on and on bragging about the 3 barrels of wine I checked onboard last trip.

:p:p:p I sooooo agree with you ;)

Archived