Escargot on 5 day cruise?

skittl1321

One of our favorite things about Carnival cruises is a chance to eat escargot. I noticed they are on Day 6 of the menu :(

Do they appear on another menu on shorter cruises, or can I request them?

It won't ruin the cruise to miss out, but man will I be sad.

Thanks- I hadn't seen that yet.

Off to check out if Tom Kai Guy is on it. My husband tells me that is the reason we are taking the cruise...

ETA: Scrolling through I didn't see it. Uh, oh... guess we'll have to book another 8 day soon.

And this is why I wish they has the old menus back. Granted, there are a lot of choices when you include the meatloaf and fried chicken... But the old menus gave us so much to look forward to at dinner time.... a chance to try something we would never try before... and the food presentation was just beautiful... I always always looked forward to dinner ... and what new exciting thing might be on the menu.... but now... I could take it or leave it.... I wont go hungry, there is plenty to choose from and maybe it wouldnt be so bad with the new menus and stuff... I just wish they would still offer more different selections from the old menu... does anyone remember the shrimp, and scallops dish that was called delice of the ocean... not the newer on... just the one where the scallops, shrimp, and noodles were in the center of the plate, and the outside of the plate was trimmed in potatoes... mashed but cruisty on top...?? now that was my very favorite meal... yummmmm

One of our favorite things about Carnival cruises is a chance to eat escargot. I noticed they are on Day 6 of the menu :(

If you ever get a chance to sail on Celebrity, you can have escargot EVERY NIGHT along with shrimp cocktail! We love it too, so I hope they have it at least one night on our Paradise cruise in May. :)

Good luck, Skittl! I first tried escargot on one of my cruises and I LOVED it! I have to wait for our cruises to eat it as we don't eat anywhere that sells it!!! :)

Good luck, Skittl! I first tried escargot on one of my cruises and I LOVED it! I have to wait for our cruises to eat it as we don't eat anywhere that sells it!!! :)

Our first cruise our table was uncertain, but our waiter insisted we would love it- we all did. We've had it at two French restaurants since, but it is rare for us. I'm so happy we had such a great waiter that first cruise!

I did recent b2b 5 days on Fascination & Ecstasy and escargot was served on all 4 cruises. :) Only time I ever get to eat it too, so I enjoy it. I usually ask for 2 plates!

Looking at the new menus, I'm excited to see Indian Vegetarian Meal every night. Is it different each night (like the "special" meals you used to be able to request) or is it always the same thing?
We ordered it 3 times on our Fascination cruise. We got 3 dishes each time ,plus basmati rice and sauces.

The sauces were a yogurt type, a tamari and the pickled carrot.

There was only one repeat item. Overall very good. Our table of 4 ordered it as an extra order so it was shared.

We ordered it 3 times on our Fascination cruise. We got 3 dishes each time ,plus basmati rice and sauces.

The sauces were a yogurt type, a tamari and the pickled carrot.

There was only one repeat item. Overall very good. Our table of 4 ordered it as an extra order so it was shared.

Thanks for answering! It is my plan for pretty much every night. I enjoy the MDR, especially appetizers, but by the end of the cruise, I'm getting a lot of fruit plates. Not really a meat eater.

Like it says at the top of these menus....they 5 day can be tricky. We were on the Fantasy in December and I had so looked forward to the Bitter and Blanc and the Tiramisu listed on these menus. I was told these was only served on the 6 day cruise.

They did, however, serve escargot one evening.

Like it says at the top of these menus....they 5 day can be tricky. We were on the Fantasy in December and I had so looked forward to the Bitter and Blanc and the Tiramisu listed on these menus. I was told these was only served on the 6 day cruise.

They did, however, serve escargot one evening.

Very surprised. We had both the Bitter and Blanc and the Tiramisu.

The B & B was perfect. The Tiramisu was very good but firmer then I'm used to.

BTW skittl1321, my DW is a determined Weight Watcher. She enjoyed her desserts but ordered from the

healthy option choices mosts nights.She was very satisfied. I on the other hand went nuts.:p. Calories be damned.

Even with all the eating, I lost weight my first cruise and only gained 2 pounds the second, so the over-eating doesn't seem to affect me that much.

I usually skip desserts though- there are only a few must haves: creme brulee! I'm not a WC melting cake fan.

Both DH and I are trying to drop about 10 pounds before summer, so this last minute cruise isn't really helping, but we'll make sure to walk a lot.

Archived