Looks like Egypt is going off the 2012 agenda (Updated 2/14/12 - Revised Deployments)

uktog

Our cruise 15 Oct on Journey has disappeared from my manage my booking and from the schedules - lets wait and see what is happening, but this was our second attempt to get there - oh dear. I do hope the Holy Land is still an option, I am sure Azamara will tell me soon

It does indeed look as if there are changes afoot for Journey's schedule in October/November. According to another poster they have also pulled B2B cruises to/from Sokhna:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32372275&postcount=4

This could certainly be due to the situation in Egypt. However Journey is repositioning to Asia at that time, so it will be interesting to see what they do.

Our cruise 15 Oct on Journey has disappeared from my manage my booking and from the schedules - lets wait and see what is happening, but this was our second attempt to get there - oh dear. I do hope the Holy Land is still an option, I am sure Azamara will tell me soon

Hi Uktog,

I will be happy to ask, and see what I can find out. Last time there were deployment changes (if this is the case), there was a brief wait for information, so patience is recommended :)

Hi Uktog,

I will be happy to ask, and see what I can find out. Last time there were deployment changes (if this is the case), there was a brief wait for information, so patience is recommended :)

You can already see what the changes are by looking at Azamara's Valentine's Day sale. The new itineraries are posted on that page. Just scroll about half way down and look at the new voyages scheduled for October 26, November 4, and November 14:

October 26, 2012: Athens to Venice Greek Isles to Montenegro, Croatia & Italy

November 4, 2012: Venice to Athens Italy, Croatia, Montenegro & Greece

November 14, 2012: Athens to Mumbia Greece, Suez Canal, Oman & India

It's interesting that booked customers have not been told about these changes yet. These itineraries have been up on their webpage for nearly a week now.

Very disappointing.

Thanks Andy we are on October 15th sailing so cannot work it out from the Valentines sale

I have kind of (sadly) given up on Egypt although that was one of the reasons we booked the trip - just fingers crossed we are still getting the Holyland

Serious events are happening and/or are going to happen in that region in the coming months. Best to stay as far away as possible.

Yes we understand the reason - would still like to go to Holyland though. We were originally booked on Celebrity Silhouette which got pulled some time ago so we transferred to Azamara which we had really wanted all along but originally had a date clash.

I have my fingers crossed we have some extra days puddling around the Eastern Mec but we still do Hiafa and Ashdod.

Yes we understand the reason - would still like to go to Holyland though. We were originally booked on Celebrity Silhouette which got pulled some time ago so we transferred to Azamara which we had really wanted all along but originally had a date clash.

I have my fingers crossed we have some extra days puddling around the Eastern Mec but we still do Hiafa and Ashdod.

Israel may become involved in some of the serious events I referred to.

Thanks for letting us know:) I was looking at the Nov 5th one - didn't realise it has been pulled. Back to the drawing board.....:rolleyes:

Personally, if I had not yet made final payment I would cancel any cruise visiting Egypt and/or Israel immediately.

We are from the UK, that is not possible without losing our deposits.

We will wait and hear what is happening as the ship has to be going somewhere in that period. Despite what some say and I hope I am not proved wrong, I do not see any reason to cancel any trip to Israel immediately in any event

I went to Azamara website jut today to look for a sailing in Late October or ealry November and was confused as two different pages give two different sailings, different ports, etc. I am not sure which is correct. Does this affect the President's hosted sailing? Azamara website shows it as entirely sold out

We are booked directly with Azamara on one of these cruises, and we have to find out on a message board that the cruise has been canceled.

Right now the original itinerary is showing on "My Azamara" including shore excursions, but of course it does not match the website.

What happened to the better communication. Azamara has not contacted us, their offices in the USA closed at 3:00PM today, and they are closed tomorrow until Monday.

I thought they learned from the last round of cancellations/changes. This is the third Azamara cruise we have booked where Egypt has been canceled. We understand the reasoning, but when were they planning on contacting us???

It was more important for the marketing of the new itineraries to new clients "New Bookings" with $500.00 OBC, Ocean view upgrade to a Veranda, dinner at a specialty restaurant and chocolate covered strawberries, verses taking the time to contact clients who are booked on the old itineraries.

We are not interested in the new itineraries. We did stick with our second itinerary last year when Egypt was canceled the second time, even though it was not the itinerary we really wanted. But this time it is not exotic enough for us, and we are not interested in anything else in 2012. Fortunately for Azamara, we have not booked any air yet after the Choice Air fiasco last year.

I hope they will be reasonable with price protection and $500.00 OBC (That is what they offered with the recent Journey changes) for another itinerary of our choice (within reason) in 2013. We would even agree to be put on the Amazon cruise we are hoping to see in 2014, even though we do not know the dates (as long as it does not fall over Thanksgiving).

==

Oct 15, 2012 HOLY LAND 11 Piraeus (Athens), Greece Piraeus (Athens), Greece

Oct 26, 2012 GREEK ISLES TO MONTENEGRO, CROATIA & ITALY 9 Athens (Piraeus), Greece Venice, Italy

Nov 4, 2012 ITALY, CROATIA, MONTENEGRO & GREECE 10 Venice, Italy Piraeus (Athens), Greece

Nov 14, 2012 GREECE, SUEZ CANAL, OMAN & INDIA 15 Piraeus (Athens), Greece Mumbai (Bombay), India

Hi Uktog,

Yes, deployment changes on at least three sailings is the reason.

Bookings will be open again in a couple of weeks.

I went to Azamara website jut today to look for a sailing in Late October or ealry November and was confused as two different pages give two different sailings, different ports, etc. I am not sure which is correct. Does this affect the President's hosted sailing? Azamara website shows it as entirely sold out

The President sailing was the Nov 5th one from Sokhna, Egypt - and this has been pulled. I do like the Venice - Athens one on Nov 4th that is replacing it.

The President sailing was the Nov 5th one from Sokhna, Egypt - and this has been pulled. I do like the Venice - Athens one on Nov 4th that is replacing it.

So do I! It's pretty much the same itinerary as Quest did last November except they spend a day in Trieste instead of overnighting in Ravenna. I know there were many on the trip who didn't think Ravenna warranted an overnight (Captain Johannes said as much in one of his talks on stage) so Azamara have obviously listened here. I also like the look of the one previous which overnights in Kotor and takes off through the fjord early the following morning so it can be viewed again in the light.

Phil

We are booked directly with Azamara on one of these cruises, and we have to find out on a message board that the cruise has been canceled.

Right now the original itinerary is showing on "My Azamara" including shore excursions, but of course it does not match the website.

What happened to the better communication. Azamara has not contacted us, their offices in the USA closed at 3:00PM today, and they are closed tomorrow until Monday.

I thought they learned from the last round of cancellations/changes. This is the third Azamara cruise we have booked where Egypt has been canceled. We understand the reasoning, but when were they planning on contacting us???

It was more important for the marketing of the new itineraries to new clients "New Bookings" with $500.00 OBC, Ocean view upgrade to a Veranda, dinner at a specialty restaurant and chocolate covered strawberries, verses taking the time to contact clients who are booked on the old itineraries.

Jade...i understand your frustrations!

==

Oct 15, 2012 HOLY LAND 11 Piraeus (Athens), Greece Piraeus (Athens), Greece

Oct 26, 2012 GREEK ISLES TO MONTENEGRO, CROATIA & ITALY 9 Athens (Piraeus), Greece Venice, Italy

Nov 4, 2012 ITALY, CROATIA, MONTENEGRO & GREECE 10 Venice, Italy Piraeus (Athens), Greece

Nov 14, 2012 GREECE, SUEZ CANAL, OMAN & INDIA 15 Piraeus (Athens), Greece Mumbai (Bombay), India

These are showing under the valentines specials. The excursions are gone this morning from "My Azamara", but original itineraries still showing.

Oct 15, 2012 HOLY LAND & EGYPT 11 $500 - $1,000 $400

Oct 26, 2012 HOLY LAND, EGYPT & SUEZ CANAL 10 $500 - $1,000 $400

Nov 5, 2012 SINAI, LUXOR, PETRA & EILAT 10 $500 - $1,000 $400

Nov 15, 2012 LUXOR & PETRA 14 $500 - $1,000 $400

Hello Azamara Egypt followers:

I was disappointed to read about your frustration while waiting for official word about the status of calling at Egypt later in the year. I apologize for your understandable confusion. I think it results from the transparency creating by the internet and its negative impact on our policy to have our reservations team notify booked guests and their travel agents about the deployment changes prior to our communicating that information on our website or having me post that information on CruiseCritic. But due to the power of the internet, "clues" such as website itinerary changes; Land Discovery changes and 'Valentine' promotions "leak-out" to our very attuned 'Azamara Aware' followers and thereby create contradictory realities about what to expect.

I'm sorry for the frustration and I want to let you know that tomorrow I will be posting detailed information about the four itineraries onboard the Azamara Journey in October and November that have eliminated Egypt due to the continued unrest there along with the re-accommodation program that will be offered to booked guests.

I noticed Andy's suggestion that "patience is recommended" and I thank you hanging in there and trust that you have enough in reserve to wait until tomorrow.

Thank you for your loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Dear Bill...

You are disappointed and Host Andy recommends patience.

I would like to respectfully mention that this is the same exact scenario that Azamara did

A YEAR AGO!!!!!

to me and my booking that I had booked direct.

I had to find out information while reading CruiseCritic that my cruise had been cancelled

I was a direct booker with Azamara and they never contacted me to advise me that our cruise was cancelled, the itinerary was totally gutted from Libya and Tunisia to heavy Italy.

That's understandable BUT this was information I needed to know STAT before other non refundable costs with air, etc. were incrued

You weren't pleased that I used social media to state my annoyance and frustration.

and yet it wasn't until I took to social media that Azamara finally contacted me about 1 month later from when the cruise was cancelled!!!!

That's 1 month that Azamara held onto our money for a cruise that no longer existed.

(of course Azamara was thrilled with all the compliments I provided on FaceBook, Twitter and my live blog that I made regarding them using my personal time and money )

A year ago, you expressed that Azamara was a new cruise line since Larry took over and the changes he wanted were still being implemented...

(that's not a direct quote, but the overall intent behind your message)

and here we are AGAIN...

Azamara is repeating its mistakes, especially with DIRECT BOOKERS, direct bookers that essentially save Azamara time and money because you don't need to pay commissions to travel agents.

Azamara shoreside is VERY disrespetful, discourteous and lacking customer service skills on a regular basis on how they handle my cruise being cancelled AND 1 year later these cruises being cancelled.

not to mention many other situations...such as specials, shorex with 50% off issues, website, etc etc

As you know we loved our onboard experience, but as you can see by my signature line ..this next year I will not be on an Azamara Cruise ship

specifically because of all the mistakes that Azamara has made this past year that have been caused by the shoreside team

That is 38 days of revenue that I have taken elsewhere.

So, we've been patient and yet based on numerous posts and scenarios that others have experienced regarding the behavior of shoreside Azamara....this continues to dissapoint us.

Do you have a new timeline when this might change?

Kindest Regards

Karen

It looks like Egypt has ben canceled on the October 15 cruise, but has anyone booked been notified yet?

It shows with Egypt under the Specials, but when you click on the link Egypt is gone.

11 Night Voyage onboard Azamara Journey

from October 15, 2012 to October 26, 2012

Prices starting from $2,699.00 USD on October 15, 2012VIEW FARES

DATE PORT/CITY ACTIVITY ARRIVAL DEPARTURE

Monday, October 15 ATHENS (PIRAEUS) - GREECE Embark 4:00 PM

Tuesday, October 16 AT SEA Cruising

Wednesday, October 17 HAIFA - ISRAEL Docked 9:00 AM 11:00 PM

Thursday, October 18 JERUSALEM (ASHDOD) - ISRAEL Docked 7:00 AM

Friday, October 19 JERUSALEM (ASHDOD) - ISRAEL Docked 3:00 PM

Saturday, October 20 PAPHOS - CYPRUS Tendered 8:00 AM 8:00 PM

Sunday, October 21 ANTALYA - TURKEY Docked 8:00 AM 8:00 PM

Monday, October 22 MARMARIS - TURKEY Docked 9:00 AM 11:59 PM

Tuesday, October 23 RHODES - GREECE Docked 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

Wednesday, October 24 EPHESUS (KUSADASI) - TURKEY Docked 9:00 AM 11:00 PM

Thursday, October 25 MYKONOS - GREECE Tendered 9:00 AM 8:00 PM

Friday, October 26 ATHENS (PIRAEUS) - GREECE Debark 6:00 AM

I have a direct booking on 15th October and no I have not heard yet from Azamara, but I am happy to wait patiently as asked as it is eight months away. I am carrying no risk on this one as Azamara has booked the flights and pre cruise hotels

In this area so much is unfolding so even if they confirm the itinerary you posted, it is open to change.

(My answer purely relates to 15th October trip as your question asked, my position is based on the fact only one port appears to have been removed but three more have been added, I appreciate other sailings have more signficant alterations)

UPDATE - Azamara Journey - October and November Egypt Itinerary Changes

Due to continued unrest in Egypt, We have made changes to four (4) itineraries onboard the Azamara Journey in October and November of 2012 to eliminate Egypt ports.

LISTED BELOW ARE THE (CURRENT) AFFECTED AZAMARA JOURNEY VOYAGES:

 October 15-26, 2012/ 11 night-Holy Land & Egypt / Piraeus-Piraeus/ Itinerary change

 Oct 26 - Nov 5, 2012/ 10 night-Holy Land, Egypt & Suez Canal / Piraeus-Sokhna (Cairo) / Voyage cancelled - new itinerary shown below

 November 5-15, 2012/ 10 night-Red Sea: Sinai, Luxor, Petra & Eilat / Sokhna-Sokhna / Voyage cancelled - new itinerary shown below (NOTE- The decision whether this new voyage will still operate as a President's Voyage will be forthcoming.)

 November 15-29, 2012/ 14 night-Luxor & Petra to India / Sokhna-Mumbai/Bombay / new itinerary

SHOWN BELOW ARE THE NEW ITINERARIES:

Azamara Journey: 11-night Holy Land, Turkey and Greek Isles

Day Date Port Arrive Depart

Mon 15-Oct Piraeus (Athens), Greece 4:00 PM

Tues 16-Oct At Sea / Spa Day

Wed 17-Oct Haifa (Nazareth/Galilee), Israel 9:00 AM 11:00 PM Late Night

Thu 18-Oct Ashdod (Jerusalem/Bethlehem), Israel 7:00 AM Overnight

Fri 19-Oct Ashdod (Jerusalem/Bethlehem), Israel 3:00 PM

Sat 20-Oct Paphos, Cyprus 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Late Night

Sun 21-Oct Antalya (Perga), Turkey 8:30 AM 8:00 PM Late Night

Mon 22-Oct Marmaris (Dalyan River), Turkey 9:00 AM MIDNIGHT Late Night

Tue 23-Oct Rhodes (Lindos), Greece 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Wed 24-Oct Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 9:00 AM MIDNIGHT Late Night

Thu 25-Oct Mykonos (Delos), Greece 9:00 AM 10:00 PM Late Night

Fri 26-Oct Piraeus (Athens), Greece 6:00 AM

 Azamara Journey: 9 night - Greek Isles to Venice Grand Canal; Greece, Montenegro, Croatia & Italy

Day Date Destination Arrive Depart

Fri 26-Oct Piraeus, Greece - 6:00 PM

Sat 27-Oct Chania (Crete), Greece 8:00 AM 10:00 PM Late Night

Sun 28-Oct At Sea / Spa Day

Mon 29-Oct Corfu, Greece 8:00 AM 7:00 PM

Tue 30-Oct Kotor Fjord, Montenegro 8:30 AM 10:00 AM Scenic Cruising

Kotor, Montenegro 10:00 AM Overnight

Wed

31-Oct

Kotor, Montenegro 6:30 AM

Wed Kotor Fjord, Montenegro 6:30 AM 8:30 AM Scenic Cruising

Wed Dubrovnik, Croatia 12:30 PM 8:00 PM Late night stay

Thu 1-Nov Split, Croatia 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Fri 2-Nov Ravenna (Bologna/San Marino, Italy 7:00 AM 8:00 PM Late night stay

Sat 3-Nov Venice, Italy 8:30 AM Overnight

Sun 4-Nov Venice, Italy Disembark

 Azamara Journey: 10-night: Venice Grand Canal to Acropolis; Italy, Croatia, Montenegro & Greece

Sun 4-Nov Venice, Italy - Overnight

Mon 5-Nov Venice, Italy 10:00 PM Late night stay

Tue 6-Nov Trieste, Italy 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Late night stay

Wed 7-Nov Ravenna (Bologna/San Marino), Italy 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

Thu 8-Nov Split, Croatia 10:00 AM 7:00 PM

Fri 9-Nov Dubrovnik, Croatia 8:00 AM 10:00 PM Late night stay

Sat

10-Nov

Kotor Fjord, Montenegro 8:00 AM 10:00 AM Scenic cruising

Kotor, Montenegro 10:00 AM 9:00 PM Late night stay

Kotor Fjord, Montenegro 9:00 PM 11:00 PM Scenic cruising

Sun 11-Nov Brindisi, Italy 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon 12-Nov Corfu, Greece 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Tue 13-Nov Katakalon (Olympia), Greece 7:30 AM 1:00 PM

Wed 14-Nov Piraeus (Athens), Greece 6:00 AM Disembark

 Azamara Journey: 15-night: Route of the Frankincense; Greece, Suez Canal, Oman & India

Wed 14-Nov Piraeus (Athens), Greece 5:00 PM

Thu 15-Nov Rhodes, Greece 1:00 PM 10:00 PM Late night stay

Fri 16-Nov At Sea / Spa Day

Sat 17-Nov Suez Canal (Transit) 1:00 AM 6:00 PM Transit

Sun 18-Nov At Sea / Spa Day

Mon 19-Nov At Sea / Spa Day

Tue 20-Nov At Sea / Spa Day

Wed 21-Nov At Sea / Spa Day

Thu 22-Nov At Sea / Spa Day

Fri 23-Nov At Sea / Spa Day

Sat 24-Nov Muscat, Oman 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sun 25-Nov Fujairah, United Arab Emirates 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon 26-Nov At Sea / Spa Day

Tue 27-Nov At / Spa Day

Wed 28-Nov Mumbai (Bombay), India 7:00 AM Overnight

Thu 29-Nov Mumbai (Bombay), India Disembark

As a result of this redeployment, if you are currently booked and deposited on any of these voyages, our reservation team is in the process of calling-out to you or your travel agent to re-accommodate you on another voyage or to cancel your reservation. Guests who are booked on the October 15th voyage will be contacted on Wednesday and Thursday.

At that time they will explain the compensation program:

 Move to the corresponding new voyages, in like accommodations, at the protected rate or any other Azamara Club Cruises voyage at the prevailing rate.

 Receive $500 onboard credit per stateroom when choosing to move to the new voyage or when rebooking an alternative Azamara Club Cruises voyage.

 Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline or hotel reservations will be reimbursed up to $500 per person. A faxed copy of change fees assessed must be provided for reimbursement. This applies to guests choosing to move, re-book or cancel.

 A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel.

This offer is time-sensitive, and guests have until March 9th to re-book with under this offer.

Please contact your Travel Partner or reservations with your questions.

Optional Voyage Highlights:

Azamara Journey: 11-night Holy Land, Turkey and Greek Isles / Oct 15-26, 2012 Paphos - The resort town with its shops and cafes, restaurants, etc is within easy walking distance from our tender pier; (no shuttle bus); Excellent sightseeing to the UNESCO Heritage Site - The Mosaics of Nea Paphos considered among the most beautiful in the world; Then there are the lovely beaches... As some of the stores close 1400 until about 1700, we have extended our stay until 2000 allowing guests time to see the sites and shop - all unhurried.

 Antalya - We are docked about 20 min drive from the charming Old Town. Shuttle buses will be provided; We are offering an excellent selection of Land Discoveries, including a visit to the famous archaeological site at Perga; Again, in order to allow time for sightseeing and shopping, we have extended our stay until 2000 hours - welcome to "Longer Stays at Azamara...

 Marmaris -Do not miss the scenic approach to our berth in the bay; Docked next to the yacht harbor and 10-15 minute walking distance to the charming old town set on a little peninsula - lots of great shopping, restaurants, cafes and sightseeing; Do not miss the wonderful Land Discovery to the Dalyan River including the boat ride to view the famous Lycan Rock Tombs on the way to ancient Canous; Because we stay until midnight, there will still be enough time left to explore the charming old town (it is really beautiful in the evening).

Azamara Journey: 9 night - Greek Isles to Venice / Oct 26 - Nov 4, 2012

 A voyage that brings together some of the great diversity of the MED from classic Athens to the Greek Isles...to... Mountainous Crete with the port of Chania being one of the most charming waterfront settings in all of Greece. For a "complete" day we suggest that you visit the mountain villages. In the afternoon and especially in the evening do not miss ....shopping, strolling, open air cafes & restaurants in Chania,

 Visit the "green" island Corfu and for the adventurers via a self-drive 4x4 vehicle

 Spectacular scenic sailing through southern Europe's largest Fjord in Montenegro

 Visit the unique Old town of Dubrovnik and venture out to the village of Ston for some local fish, oysters and wine.

 Stroll the open air market and pedestrian town of Split and the Mestrovich Gallery, or visit the UNESCO Heritage town of Trogir, take a ride along the scenic Cetina river

 Overnight in Kotor docked only minutes walking distance to the charming old town

 At Ravenna there is much to keep everyone occupied the UNESCO Heritage sites (mosaics and churches), excursion to the tiny Republic of San Marino, food excursion to Bologna and even visits to the Ferrari Museum.

 Scenic entrance into Venice right past St. Marks Square and docked close to the center of Venice.

 Overnight and FULL day in Venice

Azamara Journey: 10-night: Venice Grand Canal to Acropolis / Nov 4-14, 2012

 As above, many of the same ports - PLUS ...

 Overnight and full day and evening in Venice at our conveniently located berth

 Full day and evening in Trieste a classic city heavily influenced by the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.....During the day 'must-see's' are the Classic Castles & Gardens to the north of Trieste such as Miramare and Duino. On our return a 'must-see' is a visit to one of the authentic Viennese style coffee houses.

 Brindisi - We stop there for the exciting sightseeing option in this amazing Apulia region in Italy. Choose between the baroque town of Lecce or the unique Truli houses at Alberobello, a UNESCO heritage site.

 Katakolon - Greece - again we stop there only as a gateway to the famous site of Olympia.

 Spend the last afternoon at sea enjoying the ship amenities...

Azamara Journey: 15-night: Greece, Suez Canal, Oman & India / Nov 14-29, 2012

 Looking for a relaxed winter getaway to catch up on your reading, while enjoying superb onboard service, tops class spa facilities, multiple dining choices while travelling from classic Athens to the Greek Isle of Rhodes (visit Lindon in the afternoon and the charming medieval town in the evening, a short walk from our berth).

 Full day transit of the Suez Canal separating Africa from the Sinai Peninsula....

 Visit colorful Muscat in Oman where whitewashed houses sit dramatically between the blue sea and stark desert mountains; surrounded by green palm trees.....

 Fujairah – We will offer a full day trip over to Dubai, UAE; a desert drive of about two hours each way....once there spend time along the Dubai Creek, Gold Souk and bazaar. Maybe even lunch at Burj al Arab.

 Full day and overnight in bustling Bombay, options should include Elephanta Caves for those that have been to Mumbai; plus half day city tour plus half day city with a Indian cooking demonstration and tasting.

I'm hopeful that our revised alternate itineraries (sans Egypt) will offer you with attractive vacation opportunities.

Thank you for your loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived