Norovirus

1 hour ago, auntiemare said:

That is very good! I am on the next cruise but after reading everything, I feel pretty safe about it. We are on deck 9 but several rooms away from that one. I bought the wipes that were recommended and between their cleaning and us wiping everything down as a precaution, I think we will be fine!

I, too, think you are apt to be fine as you are now forewarned and will use appropriate preventive strategies.  If you wish to know if there is tape above your future cabin door, post the cabin number, and I will stroll past.

I am curious about the CDC report on this outbreak where it says causative agent "unknown". Does that mean it's not Norovirus??? Just odd that it wouldn't say Causative Agent Norovirus. I'm booked to leave on this ship on Sunday and am very concerned.

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

I, too, think you are apt to be fine as you are now forewarned and will use appropriate preventive strategies.  If you wish to know if there is tape above your future cabin door, post the cabin number, and I will stroll past.

Thank you! We will be in 9146 and 9147.

Just now, auntiemare said:

Thank you! We will be in 9146 and 9147.

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

oh my gosh, I know you don't want to be walking all over the ship but if you happen to be around 6610 and could check for tape I would be truly appreciative...I'm super worried and plan to do my own wipe down of the room regardless...but it would be good to know. headed down to Orlando tomorrow to board on Sunday if Royal Caribbean maintains their schedule for departure. 

Just now, ownedbypets said:

We had drawers in our nightstands on Oasis last month.

Really?  What stateroom category?  I've not seen them in Oceanview balconies, Central park balconies, or Junior Suites.

15 minutes ago, ChiliTiger said:

oh my gosh, I know you don't want to be walking all over the ship but if you happen to be around 6610 and could check for tape I would be truly appreciative...I'm super worried and plan to do my own wipe down of the room regardless...but it would be good to know. headed down to Orlando tomorrow to board on Sunday if Royal Caribbean maintains their schedule for departure. 

I’m scheduled to do walk a half marathon in March, so I doubt a trip around the ship will hurt!  Your future cabin has no tape above the door!

21 minutes ago, ChiliTiger said:

oh my gosh, I know you don't want to be walking all over the ship but if you happen to be around 6610 and could check for tape I would be truly appreciative...

No obvious signs to indicate affected cabins. 

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’m scheduled to do walk a half marathon in March, so I doubt a trip around the ship will hurt!  Your future cabin has no tape above the door!

You have no idea how this has eased my mind (somewhat at least, lol). Thanks a million! Good luck with your marathon! My husband has run quite a few and he has done numerous Triathlons but I am content to cheer him on along the course. Thank you again!!!!

30 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

If you are walking around and want to check 10655, that would be awesome.

34 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

can you swing by 11639? we board sunday.

thanks.

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No obvious signs to indicate affected cabins. 

See post #329.  That poster lead me to note subtle tape above impacted neighbor’s door.  Now I see others with tape as I walk around.  I cannot swear to its meaning, but a decent guess based on post 329 and my known neighbor.