Norovirus

We had an owners suite on the Allure. It had tons of drawer and cabinet space. Just the kind of cabin you would want on an around the world cruise. Even 'Lady Aster' could not use all the space with her 7 suitcases full of cloths and 'stuff'.

35 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I do no know for certain, but My guess is that they are scattered around the ship rather than confined to one deck.  As of yesterday, our steward ( deck 9 port aft) had one affected cabin, the one across the hall from us.  It was a family with small children and they have been released from quarantine now.  One would suspect the small children and those traveling with small children are apt to be disproportionately impacted, as most tiny tot’s hygiene tends to differ from optimal adult’s.  This is a KSF sailing with plenty of small cuties aboard.

Look for stickers or tape on the door frame above the door.  That is how they were marking quarantined cabins on one of our sailings.  We were surrounded by sick cabins.

42 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I do no know for certain, but My guess is that they are scattered around the ship rather than confined to one deck.  As of yesterday, our steward ( deck 9 port aft) had one affected cabin, the one across the hall from us.  It was a family with small children and they have been released from quarantine now.  One would suspect the small children and those traveling with small children are apt to be disproportionately impacted, as most tiny tot’s hygiene tends to differ from optimal adult’s.  This is a KSF sailing with plenty of small cuties aboard.

What state room are you in if you do not mind me asking?

Currently on Rhapsody, where many crew members and some pax have the flu.  I caught it on the 2nd day, and Bucky caught it 2 days ago.  We are both sick as dogs, and yes...both have had the flu shot and are careful with washing hands etc.  They say the flu shot is not 100%...guess they were right.

Has pretty much ruined most of our cruise...now...where is MY refund??!!  😞 Yeah like that is going to happen. SOL.   Could not even get a refund on my shore excursion, and have paid high dollar for over the counter meds on board.  

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

What kind of cabin has no drawers? DW would freak out if she didn't have any place to store all her stuff.:classic_ohmy:

That was Laura last Sunday.  Inside cabin 6681.

This was a cabin added at last drydock. Used to be a crew area. Way smaller than a typical inside.  

20190111_105054.jpg

20190111_102858.jpg

20190111_102930.jpg

20190111_103058.jpg

20190107_072725.jpg

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Look for stickers or tape on the door frame above the door.  That is how they were marking quarantined cabins on one of our sailings.  We were surrounded by sick cabins.

Interesting; I had not noticed that. There is yellow tape above that impacted cabin door, though no longer quarantined.  Also above door of two other cabin I pass on hallway(different steward).

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That was Laura last Sunday.  Inside cabin 6681.

This was a cabin added at last drydock. Used to be a crew area. Way smaller than a typical inside.  

You need to teach Laura how to fold clothing & stack in a closet. :classic_biggrin:

Kidding, just kidding.....looks like my closet at home!

2 hours ago, Teacher42 said:

To all,  We have been told that many cruisers may use the drawers in the cabins to store their soiled clothing before packing up. Perhaps it would be wise to also spray the interior of the drawers and cabinets before placing your clothing in them. We do this and one step further. We have all our clothing, clothing not being hung in the closet, in large zip-lock 'Hefty' bags, which we then place in the sprayed drawers and cupboards. It still will not protect you , should someone cough in your face in the elevator, but at least we can try to protect ourselves as best we can.

Good point, clean the Drawers as many put dirty clothes in them

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

9317.  We remain healthy so far, knock on wood and then wash hands yet again, lol

That is very good! I am on the next cruise but after reading everything, I feel pretty safe about it. We are on deck 9 but several rooms away from that one. I bought the wipes that were recommended and between their cleaning and us wiping everything down as a precaution, I think we will be fine!

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Half a closet at best

I still don't understand what they have against drawers in the nightstands.  These were dropped for Oasis and all ships after I believe. 

This just occurred to me and apologies if it was addressed earlier - wondering about C&A points for this sailing - since the cruise fare is being refunded, I'm assuming none will be earned ?  We were on the NYE sailing and picked up our first crystal block - if we'd been on this week instead would they have taken it back?

12 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

This just occurred to me and apologies if it was addressed earlier - wondering about C&A points for this sailing - since the cruise fare is being refunded, I'm assuming none will be earned ?  We were on the NYE sailing and picked up our first crystal block - if we'd been on this week instead would they have taken it back?

You will get all 7 points

58 minutes ago, island lady said:

Currently on Rhapsody, where many crew members and some pax have the flu.  I caught it on the 2nd day, and Bucky caught it 2 days ago.  We are both sick as dogs, and yes...both have had the flu shot and are careful with washing hands etc.  They say the flu shot is not 100%...guess they were right.

Has pretty much ruined most of our cruise...now...where is MY refund??!!  😞 Yeah like that is going to happen. SOL.   Could not even get a refund on my shore excursion, and have paid high dollar for over the counter meds on board.  

John & I are sorry to hear that you 2 are sick! I always get the flu shot also and just pray they got it right for that season. 

We wipe everything in the cabin.  Will do even more in Feb. on the Harmony. Even the inside of the drawers and shelves. However, I use packing cubes and put those on the shelves so most of my things have some protection. Just plain a fact that not all people practice cleanliness and do not care about others. Just watch people touch face, nose, etc then touch everything and spread their germs.

Sickening to see, especially in the buffets.

Edited by vettprincess
more info
  • Like 2