lanyard

Marigold183

I bought one on here, Cruise Critic. It comes with a plastic holder for the S&S card or you can use the ring with the hole punched. The biggest plus is that it separates near the bottom, which eliminates the need to continuing to pull the lanyard over your head to give to the server or bar keep.

I have several lanyards, but my fav is one I got at a ski resort. It has a elastic pull thing on the end. So when you clip your cruise card on it, you can pull it another 2 feet at least so no need to strangle yourself running it through the scanner. BTW, what I have found is not only will the pursers desk punch a hole in your cruise card, but the gift shop will do it too.

The whole card on a lanyard around your neck seems so "tourist" to me. Not unlike the more senior travelers I see in airports with ticket holders hanging around their necks.

Put it in your pocket' date=' beach bag, whatever. Save the lanyard for your keys at home.;)[/quote']

Absolutely. We all blend in so well with the locals, it is a shame to wear a lanyard and send up the tourist flag. We are all of the same racial group as the locals. We all speak the same language with the same accent as the locals. And like them, we wear bermuda shorts, college or professional team t-shirts and baseball caps.

The whole card on a lanyard around your neck seems so "tourist" to me. Not unlike the more senior travelers I see in airports with ticket holders hanging around their necks.

Put it in your pocket' date=' beach bag, whatever. Save the lanyard for your keys at home.;)[/quote']

When I sit by the pool or walk around the ship I don't have pockets and don't carry a purse. I have a lanyard that the ring clips off so you don't have to take it off over your head.

It reminds me too much of work - which I'm trying to get away from :D - where I always have to wear an ID card around my neck!

Does the wiz holder hold a passport?

Thank you, Seadeck2

Check out their site, they do have a size that fits passports as well as sizes for glasses, first aid kits, and larger cases too. I just ordered a couple of the small ones and we'll see how they work this year. I'll still use my pockets to hold them but I like the non crush waterproof function. Ship card, license, credit card, a few bandaids and some aspirin and I'm all ready for my port exploring. :D

What most [/url] look like on vacation. All they need is a fanny pack to complete the outfit. :D

I don't care for lanyards and instead use a blue leather card case that Celebrity gave me a few years ago, in one section I keep my cruise card and coffee card and the other some calling cards, When going ashore I can put a few bills in it, my DL and a CC.....heck I have even been known to have in my pocket when going in the pool which always proves to be a bad idea.:o

DW uses one of the folding pouches that you can buy in the gift shop.

Archived