What a Valentine Day Proposal!!

I prefer your romantic view Sandi to the report on the SMH site.

"With red hearts plastered on its funnel and top deck to mark Valentine's Day, Queen Mary 2 was a majestic sight as it passed through the harbour towards Garden Island naval base where it will be berthed until midnight.

In the spirit of Feburary 14, there was a sign saying "Marry me Jess?" plastered on the ship. It has since been reported to be a marketing stunt."

http://m.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/queen-mary-2-makes-it-trip-3-to-sydney-20120214-1t2n8.html

Colleen

She accepted! :) They were taken on board and interviewed.............And, what if was a stunt? It still made a good story and got attention, didn't it? Above all, I don't believe the Queen Mary II NEEDS to sell herself. What true cruise addict wouldn't want to cruise on this beautiful ocean liner.

what did she accept??...the fact it is obviously a fake??

Kindly let me finish. :) I hit the "Submit" button by mistake. I'm not in the mood for an argument today. I'm cruising on Thursday. Oh ye of little faith. LOLOLOLOL:D

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

A stunt with a grain of truth at its heart. I reckon I would do it for a honeymoon on the QM2 - I would even settle for lunch.

•Proposal banner on Queen Mary II

•Jess says yes to Stefan

•Revealed to be a PR stunt, but proposal is real

Happy packing Sandy!

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/romantic-proposal-on-queen-mary-ii/story-e6frfq80-1226270324437

Colleen

It wasn't a stunt...:D

Simply a well organised Cunard promotion , in association with a local TV station , to let everyone know that you can now get married on a Cunard ship.

Looks like its been a very successful promotion with all the attention we are giving it.

Well done Cunard.

It wasn't a stunt...:D

Simply a well organised Cunard promotion , in association with a local TV station , to let everyone know that you can now get married on a Cunard ship.

Looks like its been a very successful promotion with all the attention we are giving it.

Well done Cunard.

Yes, after 171 years they are now allowing weddings on board. Siiiggghhhhh! I wondered what was going to eventuate when I first saw it.

Why can't it be "carefully orchestrated" but still real

daily telegraph source

In a carefully orchestrated PR campaign, done in conjunction with a morning television show, the venerable Cunard line allowed their flagship to become a "Love Boat" billboard with a 4m wedding proposal banner strapped on the starboard side near her funnel as a publicity stunt.

The professionally printed banner covering her own Queen Mary 2 name reading " Marry Me Jess? " was done for a couple not on the ship, Stefan Libon and Jess McGarrity.

Company officials were keeping details of the couple for the show but a spokeswoman for the Queen Mary 2 said Jess accepted the proposal.

She said the couple had not been travelling on the boat but went down to Mrs Macquarie's chair to view the banner.

"My understanding is that she was blindfolded," she said.

The couple has now boarded the boat for breakfast.

I'll just warmly fall for Jess being real (and having accepted) ;)

A stunt with a grain of truth at its heart. I reckon I would do it for a honeymoon on the QM2 - I would even settle for lunch.

•Proposal banner on Queen Mary II

•Jess says yes to Stefan

•Revealed to be a PR stunt, but proposal is real

Happy packing Sandy!

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/romantic-proposal-on-queen-mary-ii/story-e6frfq80-1226270324437

Colleen

Thanks Colleen! :) Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder if they'd like DH and me to renew our vows on board? We'd do it for free! :cool::D

Just to show how well organised and professional Cunard are ,

my copy of the autumn edition of the Cunarder magazine arrived today.

Needless to say the big feature was...

Weddings at Sea.:D

they start in April according to the article.....

oh and by the way...

HAVE A GREAT VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE.

Flwr15.jpg

Archived