Leaving Ship on a Collector Cruise

Funsun60

We are on an 18 day Mediterranean Collector cruise in September. We are leaving/returning to Barcelona and will also be back in Barcelona for a full day midway through our cruise. Question: Can we leave the ship when we are in the Barcelona port half way through our cruise to do some sight seeing. As some folks will be leaving and I presume others will be arriving, there are no scheduled HAL tours for this day, but I hope we can do some independent sight seeing. Don't want to waste an entire day on the ship while in port. Thank you.

We are on an 18 day Mediterranean Collector cruise in September. We are leaving/returning to Barcelona and will also be back in Barcelona for a full day midway through our cruise. Question: Can we leave the ship when we are in the Barcelona port half way through our cruise to do some sight seeing. As some folks will be leaving and I presume others will be arriving, there are no scheduled HAL tours for this day, but I hope we can do some independent sight seeing. Don't want to waste an entire day on the ship while in port. Thank you.

No reason why you couldn't.

We did the exact same thing in 2010 and you will be given a special card for your return (you still keep your ship card). You can come and go just like a regular port. You do not need to wait in any lines other then the metal detector.

You will be fine leaving the ship and doing whatever you wish that day. The procedure for back-to-back passengers on the turnaround day can vary somewhat from port to port and even from cruise to cruise but the ship personnel will inform you of the procedure to be followed. You will typically be given a transit pass to use at the port that day.

If you are keeping the same cabin, it makes things easier, but if you need to change cabins they assist you in moving your belongings.

We did the exact same thing in 2010 and you will be given a special card for your return (you still keep your ship card). You can come and go just like a regular port. You do not need to wait in any lines other then the metal detector.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and especially to this specific reply. Just the info we are looking for. So much to learn, yet so much fun!!!

Archived