Cruise Critic Community
Carrie77

Favorite foo-foo (sweet) drink?

It's got to be a Strawberry Colada - 1/2 Strawberry Daiquiri and 1/2 Pina Colada. It's swirled into the glass and is as good as it is pretty!!

I thought those were called Miami Vice. :confused:

FYI!

The bar staff finally got sick of me asking what was in these fun drinks. They printed me up what looked like a register tape of recipes! I think the computers all have them on them so the bartenders can print them for easy reference. Now I can mix them up at home and pretend I'm cruising all over again:).

Also, I found that on Carnival the "drink of the day" was premixed in big jugs at the bar, and a bit diluted. After that I tried different (mixed on the spot) drinks, all delish!

On which cruiseline were you able to get the recipes printed out?

My fave drink on a cruise is definitely a BBC!! I also like Chambord and 7-up. I believe a Miami Vice and the Strawberry Colada are the same thing, I think Miami Vice is Carnival's name for it. Some of these other ones being posted sound good, I will have to expand my repertiore on my cruise in Oct!! :)

A question and an anwer..... Why do they call them "Foo Foo Drinks" ?

I like the Miami-Vice, which is always nice.

What is your favorite foo-foo drink? Looking to try some new ones.

Here is a few of mine..

White Russian

Mudslide

Chocolate Martini (ok, so it isn't as sweet as you'd think but it has CHOCOLATE!)

Carrie

My favorite is a strawberry colada...layered drink that is half strawberry daquiri and half pina colada...they serve them on RCI ships and in less than 2 months I'll get my quota!:p

I like one that is similar, but called a Lava Lamp on RCI. You can get it with pina colada and key lime, mango, strawberry, or wild berry. My favorite!

I enjoyed the Mango Tango and the Love Connection. However does anyone know what liquors they put in the Love Connection Drinks? I got the drink mixes and want to make some for New Years.

I thought those were called Miami Vice. :confused:

Miami Vice also has rum in it. Miami Vice is a favorite of mine.

Pina coladas, margaritas w extra shot cuevo gold and also mudslides

I can't wait to order these drinks

Last year I ordered a bar setup and had a bottle of Barcardi rum waiting in my room, I had a bullit blender and some pina colada mix

What a great way to start the cruise!

You brought the blender with you? Or was it part of the "bar set-up"? I never heard of a bar set-up. Is that only available on certain cruiselines?

Yellow Bird -- If you make them at home, use fresh bananas instead of Creme de Banana. I haven't had one in a long time. I do make them at home, but Galliano is $30 a bottle. The liquor store used to sell Neopolitan, but I can't find it anywhere. It is a good substitute for Galliano when using it for a "foo foo" drink.

I had a yellowbird for the first time last week, and it was really good!

Found this recipe on the web, I'm going to try it as soon as I buy some galliano!

Yellowbird Drink Recipe

Drink Ingredients:

0.75 oz. Vodka

0.75 oz. Orange Juice

0.75 oz. Cream

0.5 oz. Galliano

0.75 oz. white creme de cacao

Instruction:

Add ingredients to a mixing glass filled with ice. Shake and strain into chilled glass.

The Yellow Bird recipe I have uses rum, Galliano, pineapple juice, orange juice, Lemix, and fresh banana. I found it in the NCL book given to us on the ship.

i love pina colada, but I think I will drink all different drinks on this cruise. After reading this thread I think I need to broaden my horizons. :cool:

Are the DOD cheaper then other Frou-Frou drinks?

Can't wait to try them all!!!:p

Mango Lava Flow on RCCL, I just love it when I am outside, at the MDR, or watching a show. They make the greatest drinks on a cruise!

Sex on the beach - shot of vodka, shot of peach schnapps, orange juice and a little grenadine.

Some people make it with cranberry juice but I always get it with grenadine. I also get them to turn it into a slushie when on the ship. It's much better sipping it by the pool as a slushie.

Regardless of anything I have said before on this subject, my new favorite is the Goombay Smash!:D

Mocha Chocolate Getaway, Hurricane Wave, Miami Vice, Tiramisu Martini, Funship Special, etc. etc. etc.

I'm noticing a pattern, definitely love those drinks!!!

Edited by wantocruisemore