Day passes for wyndam or sheraton in nassau

1948buddy

We will be in Nassau on Monday March 26th from 7 am to 7 pm.

Scuba Girl, I know this will be spring break, I had planned on just going to Junkanoo to be cheap but would you suggest the Sheraton instead? Is it worth it for free vs $50?

How much would the kayak be? Husband loves to kayak. Is there any snorkeling off the beach there? We'll have our own gear and husband was hoping to be able to see something off the beach.

We're on a bit of a budget. It doesn't mean we can't spend anything but $50 is something to us vs to some people it's practically nothing.

What time is the Sheraton open?

We will be in Nassau on Monday March 26th from 7 am to 7 pm.

Scuba Girl, I know this will be spring break, I had planned on just going to Junkanoo to be cheap but would you suggest the Sheraton instead? Is it worth it for free vs $50?

How much would the kayak be? Husband loves to kayak. Is there any snorkeling off the beach there? We'll have our own gear and husband was hoping to be able to see something off the beach.

We're on a bit of a budget. It doesn't mean we can't spend anything but $50 is something to us vs to some people it's practically nothing.

What time is the Sheraton open?

You are coming at the end of spring break.. no tell what the day will bring until it happens.

As for the sheraton.. kayaks are free.. but with all hotel properties, you can only use them inside the swim markers of the beach.. so depending on the tide.. it can be a small area to paddle around.

There's a couple sets of rocks that have some sealife for snorkeling.. not a reef.. but it's ok to explore for 30 minutes or so.

The hotel has free snorkeling gear as well.

Sheraton day passes begin at 9am.. pools start closing at 5pm Beach soon after.

BTW.. you pass junkanoo beach on the way to the sheraton.. check it out when you go.. if it's not crazy.. ask the jitney driver to drop you off.. no biggie.

Only junkanoo has no snorkeling, no jet skis, no rocks, no kayaks ..just a bar, concession stand and bathrooms

You are coming at the end of spring break.. no tell what the day will bring until it happens.

As for the sheraton.. kayaks are free.. but with all hotel properties, you can only use them inside the swim markers of the beach.. so depending on the tide.. it can be a small area to paddle around.

There's a couple sets of rocks that have some sealife for snorkeling.. not a reef.. but it's ok to explore for 30 minutes or so.

The hotel has free snorkeling gear as well.

Sheraton day passes begin at 9am.. pools start closing at 5pm Beach soon after.

BTW.. you pass junkanoo beach on the way to the sheraton.. check it out when you go.. if it's not crazy.. ask the jitney driver to drop you off.. no biggie.

Only junkanoo has no snorkeling, no jet skis, no rocks, no kayaks ..just a bar, concession stand and bathrooms

Thank you for your response. You are such a doll to answer the same questions over and over. Is the Sheraton beach prettier? Bathrooms cleaner? Snorkeling and Kayaks aren't deal breakers for us. What I would appreciate would be cleaner bathrooms, a nicer beach, maybe less crowded. A lounge chair would be great. I do like the idea of a pool although that in itself isn't worth $50 to me. Do either options offer showers, even just to rinse off? I guess I'm just trying to find out what makes it worth it to pay $50 over nothing, to see if those things are worth it for us, which they might be.

I told my husband about the Sheraton so while earlier I was pretty set on Junkanoo, now we're leaning heavily towards Sheraton.

the sheraton is a better beach, better location. It's clean, maintained and is part of a great resort.

While Junkanoo is a nice beach, it's in the harbour, and is not a privately maintained beach.. it's fine for a free beach.

but if you can afford it.. i'd opt for sheraton

the sheraton is a better beach, better location. It's clean, maintained and is part of a great resort.

While Junkanoo is a nice beach, it's in the harbour, and is not a privately maintained beach.. it's fine for a free beach.

I would have to agree with this. Sheraton or Wyndham will be our stop in May and Nov... Yippee we have 2 cruises booked!

Thanks so much! We're like 90% set on the Sheraton. We'll wait until the day of to decide for sure. Like if it's bad weather we'll probably stick close to the ship (or ON the ship) and then if it clears up maybe a quick visit to the free beach.

Does anybody know what is offered at the Grill at Sheraton? I can't find a menu or price list anywhere. We buy everything with cash and would like to bring enough money but not too much in case of loss or theft.

Does anybody know what is offered at the Grill at Sheraton? I can't find a menu or price list anywhere. We buy everything with cash and would like to bring enough money but not too much in case of loss or theft.

Not sure about the Sheraton but at the Wyndham a burger was around $14 I think??? Maybe $10... it's a bit pricey.

Wyndham had a "buffet" but I think it was closer to $30 pp.

Thanks so much! We're like 90% set on the Sheraton. We'll wait until the day of to decide for sure. Like if it's bad weather we'll probably stick close to the ship (or ON the ship) and then if it clears up maybe a quick visit to the free beach.

Most entrees run around $13 - 15.. (burgers, wraps, salads). while cash is currently accepted. i'm seeing more and more often that these resorts are going cashless. (Hilton and Atlantis are both cashless during the daytime)

Have a cc as a back up

Great, thanks. We don't have credit cards but will bring a debit card just in case.

While $10 for a burger is a bit pricey, we're unfortunately semi used to it. We've been stationed in Washington DC for the last 2 years and everything is wicked expensive, including burgers that generally start around $12. We'll probably split a meal until we get back on board unless we're really hungry.

Great, thanks. We don't have credit cards but will bring a debit card just in case.

While $10 for a burger is a bit pricey, we're unfortunately semi used to it. We've been stationed in Washington DC for the last 2 years and everything is wicked expensive, including burgers that generally start around $12. We'll probably split a meal until we get back on board unless we're really hungry.

Just remember, using any type of credit card you will probably get charged a transaction fee.

Just remember, using any type of credit card you will probably get charged a transaction fee.

As long as that is all you get "charged"... I always check my balances when I get home. Never can tell what might else show up,

Bob

These days a lot of resorts and venues are moving to cashless.. (I'm assuming it keeps their staff honest).

I try to use cash only.. but these days it's getting harder and harder.

I had lunch at the hilton last week.. big sign on the bar. Room Key, Voucher or Credit Card only. Glad I had a card with me.

Atlantis is the same.. they are moving towards cashless.

These days a lot of resorts and venues are moving to cashless.. (I'm assuming it keeps their staff honest).

I try to use cash only.. but these days it's getting harder and harder.

I had lunch at the hilton last week.. big sign on the bar. Room Key, Voucher or Credit Card only. Glad I had a card with me.

Atlantis is the same.. they are moving towards cashless.

It seems to be the wave... no pun intended!

Does the Sheraton supply a towel or do we need to bring from the ship? I know the Hilton supplied one when we were there, but with the "ships excursion" to Wyndham/Sheraton it said bring a towel.

Towels are supplied with a paid day pass to either Wyndham or sheraton.

Just an additional question. Could we bring some things to eat and maybe some water with us, or is that frowned upon. We would probably still buy some drinks there.

We took sandwiches, chips, drinks to Sheratron and had no problem. We got ice from the bartenders, We did tip them fot the ice as a courtesy.

We took sandwiches, chips, drinks to Sheratron and had no problem. We got ice from the bartenders, We did tip them fot the ice as a courtesy.

You were the exception. There's a sign at the door stating no outside food or drink.

I'm sure some staff could care less, but if you happen to be there when a manager or someone of authority is on.. you willl lose your goodies.

Unless you bought that sandwich IN Nassau, that's illegal and can harm their environment. The only food you're allowed to bring in are prepacked and sealed items. Like a granola bar, a BRAND NEW (never opened) bag of chips, etc. Fresh and/or unsealed food is not allowed to be taken off the boat.

Archived