Day passes for wyndam or sheraton in nassau

1948buddy

We've decided that Atlantis isn't worth it for our dates in May so this thread was really helpful. Definitely will be doing the Sheraton.

I was just thinking the same thing.

We so wanted to go to Atlantis and I'm second guessing the costs now...

I had no idea resorts did this...

Either 100.00 per day or 652.00.. hmm!!!?

Does anyone have good instructions on how to find the #10 Jitney, and what it costs to get to the Sheraton?

Does it run on a particular schedule?

How does one catch it for the return trip?

The #10 jitney is located on George Street (across the street from the straw market entrance on Bay Street.

Go out the port exit and go one block up to Bay street..make a right. go 3 blocks.. it's on the left. Can't miss is

No real schedule. They run every few minutes from 6am -6pm

Cost is $1.25pp.

For the return trip there's a bus stop in front of the sheraton hotel.

I haven't been able to find this info yet. The bus stop in front of the Sheraton, is it marked or unmarked? Locally we have poles with signs for all local bus stops. I'm curious if we're looking for a marked location or if we just stand there and wave one down?

I haven't been able to find this info yet. The bus stop in front of the Sheraton, is it marked or unmarked? Locally we have poles with signs for all local bus stops. I'm curious if we're looking for a marked location or if we just stand there and wave one down?

It's marked.. the sign says ' bus stop".

If you are going downtown, the stop between the crystal palace and sheraton entrance (in front of sheraton).

If you are going west, you need to walk to the main road and cross the street. (about 100 yards). there's bus stops with seating etc along the new highway.

The #10 jitney is located on George Street (across the street from the straw market entrance on Bay Street.

Go out the port exit and go one block up to Bay street..make a right. go 3 blocks.. it's on the left. Can't miss is

Cost is $1.25pp.

Thanks, I have this and lots of your other posts now printed out.

It's marked.. the sign says ' bus stop".

If you are going downtown, the stop between the crystal palace and sheraton entrance (in front of sheraton).

If you are going west, you need to walk to the main road and cross the street. (about 100 yards). there's bus stops with seating etc along the new highway.

Thanks! I've never flagged down a vehicle (not even a taxi) so I was feeling a little unsure on proper protocol.

Given the price of food and our interest in trying some local conch, if we go o the Sheraton for the day, can we leave and come back in a couple of hours? I was thinking of taking the bus to Fish fry at lunch and then back to the Sheraton after.

Can you please tell me how far the Sheraton is from the cruise ships, how much it would be for a taxi, and is it on Cable beach, or where? And do you just show up, and go inside to buy a day pass? And is this beach prettier than the one at the British Colonial Hilton? How far away is it from there?

If there is a map showing these places somewhere, that would be great!

Thank you very much for all of your information!

Can you please tell me how far the Sheraton is from the cruise ships, how much it would be for a taxi, and is it on Cable beach, or where? And do you just show up, and go inside to buy a day pass? And is this beach prettier than the one at the British Colonial Hilton? How far away is it from there?

If there is a map showing these places somewhere, that would be great!

Thank you very much for all of your information!

The sheraton is located at Cable Beach, about 5 miles from the cruise port. Taxi is $15 for 2 ppl.

Passes are only sold same day, based on occupancy, just go to the front desk and purchase them.

The beach is biggers, wider and in open water, making it one of the most beautiful in the area.

Hiltons beach is private and much smaller,same beautiful crystal clear water

http://www.bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/maps/Map.gif

Cost is $1.25pp.

THANK YOU!

Thanks, I have this and lots of your other posts now printed out.

Haha me too! I am C/P so much of this thread!

Scubagirrl I appreciate all your tips and insight! I really wanted to do Blue Lagoon, but it would cost SOOO much to book thru the DCL. They said I cant book it thru them due to contracts. This sounds like a really nice alternative :)

You were the exception. There's a sign at the door stating no outside food or drink.

I'm sure some staff could care less, but if you happen to be there when a manager or someone of authority is on.. you willl lose your goodies.

We were NOT the exception. Other families had drinks and snacks too. You are nt the authority on the Sheraton,and you don't know everything. Have you ever even been to the Sheraton, or are you getting your information from a Google search?

We were NOT the exception. Other families had drinks and snacks too. You are nt the authority on the Sheraton,and you don't know everything. Have you ever even been to the Sheraton, or are you getting your information from a Google search?

Scubagirrl LIVES in Nassau, she's a lot more knowledgeable than most about the island. I've only used this board for a couple of months but it's very apparent she is the one with all of the information that helps everybody else. She very generously answers the same questions over and over and over.

So because you've been to the Sheraton once (maybe a few times?) and happened to get away with something, that makes you the authority who knows everything? Just because you did something or many people did something, doesn't mean it's allowed or encouraged. Speeding is illegal but where I live you're driving slow if you go 10 over. That doesn't make it ok and that doesn't mean you won't get a speeding ticket.

Actually, I'm friends with the GM at the Sheraton as well as many of the senior staff.. so that would make me somewhat of an authority, since my information comes directly from them.

I am also a resident, so I am fully aware of the customs rules and laws of this country. And I make it a point of knowing the rules of other countries that I visit, making sure that I don't break rules or offend my host country when I travel.

My post are not meant to insight a fight.. but to make sure others don't follow your misinformation and end up being asked to leave or unable to bring in their lunch. I'd be po'd if I'd stopped to pick up lunch and then was unable to "sneak it" onto the beach.

Actually, I'm friends with the GM at the Sheraton as well as many of the senior staff.. so that would make me somewhat of an authority, since my information comes directly from them.

I am also a resident, so I am fully aware of the customs rules and laws of this country. And I make it a point of knowing the rules of other countries that I visit, making sure that I don't break rules or offend my host country when I travel.

My post are not meant to insight a fight.. but to make sure others don't follow your misinformation and end up being asked to leave or unable to bring in their lunch. I'd be po'd if I'd stopped to pick up lunch and then was unable to "sneak it" onto the beach.

Well said! As I have stated many times, thanks so much for your valuable info! I really do not understand people who take "fresh" food off a ship.. It is ILLEGAL PERIOD! Don't understand it.

Awesome response Scubagirrl. Awesome

Save the attitude for questions about Georgia... oh wait, nobody wants to go there! ;)

I for one am very grateful for Scubagirl. Although I've never asked her a question directly, I've had many of my questions answered by reading her responses to others. She is always polite and to the point. She graciously answers the same questions over and over again.

Just because you don't like what someone has to say, doesn't mean they are wrong. I don't know of too many resorts that allow outside food. Seems like common sense to me.

We are in port from 8:30 - 2 pm. What time should we pack up and head back to the ship? I'm thinking noonish?? How long does it take to get from the Sheraton to the ship??

Last time we did the Hilton and knew how long it took to get back since we walked there. But we want to do something different this year.

The only problem with this is what time they start serving lunch. At the Hilton last year they didn't start serving lunch until noon and then it took FOREVER to get the food. I think they forgot our order and I had to go up and ask about it. Luckily we were near the ship and were able to make it back just before 2 pm. Although there was a HUGE line to get back on the ship.

Maggie

Not sure why you have an attitude. You are wrong AND you broke the hotels' rules AND the law.

Do what you want but lose the attitude and stop giving others misinformation.

We are in port from 8:30 - 2 pm. What time should we pack up and head back to the ship? I'm thinking noonish?? How long does it take to get from the Sheraton to the ship??

Last time we did the Hilton and knew how long it took to get back since we walked there. But we want to do something different this year.

The only problem with this is what time they start serving lunch. At the Hilton last year they didn't start serving lunch until noon and then it took FOREVER to get the food. I think they forgot our order and I had to go up and ask about it. Luckily we were near the ship and were able to make it back just before 2 pm. Although there was a HUGE line to get back on the ship.

Maggie

Since you have to be back at the dock at 1 to be onboard by 1:30.. I'd say noon would be a good bet. there's lots of construtions along the bay street corridor.. you need about 30 minutes or so to get back from the sheraton.

"We were NOT the exception. Other families had drinks and snacks too. You are nt the authority on the Sheraton,and you don't know everything. Have you ever even been to the Sheraton, or are you getting your information from a Google search? "

This sounds like the likes of a "Chair Hog" or someone who's child swims in the pool with swim diapers since the rules do not apply to them. I for one am taking scubagirls advice in several areas since I have never been to the Bahamas and would like to get as much out of my 8 hours there! Esp since I'm still trying to decide on a beach day, which hotel and how I'm getting the 8 of us there!

Archived