Fuel Surcharge coming soon-- oil at $105 and climbing.

JPTexan82

I am just wondering' date=' are you a Lawyer? Just asking because I see a lot of your posts where you tell people to stick to the facts. I think a lot of the "facts" that people put on here is a bunch of made up BS. I've learned to take a lot of the stuff people say on here with a grain of salt. Just asking...not bashing (as the folks on here say).[/quote']

I would love to see that answer.

I booked a cruise for DS last Thursday and was told by pvp that they do not plan on charging the fuel surcharge, even though the price is over 70 per barrel, they could, but they have been told the do not plan on changing it.

Strange I booked last week also. I was told that there could be a surcharge yada yada and I thought that was strange as it had not been mentioned for a long time.

My husband drives a 4x4 HEMI and he spends less than $20 a week on gas. His work is only about 4 miles away, though.

LOL I am retired and my it was kind of my retirment thing ,always wanted one , But I did settle on the Colorado Extra cab with the inline 5 cyl so it get s close to 20 mpg.:):)

1108500224_1112111653(1).jpg.9e47f1d6e488322d63483ea90bae26f2.jpg

LOL I am retired and my it was kind of my retirment thing ,always wanted one , But I did settle on the Colorado Extra cab with the inline 5 cyl so it get s close to 20 mpg.:):)

I drive a Hyundai Sonota, so needless to say, we will be taking his truck to drive to JAX for our departure in May for extra space. I am almost scared to think about the fuel costs for an ATL to JAX drive!

I drive a Hyundai Sonota, so needless to say, we will be taking his truck to drive to JAX for our departure in May for extra space. I am almost scared to think about the fuel costs for an ATL to JAX drive!

When by myself, gas prices have had me get on Amtrak and even planes when I used to drive because it often comes out to about the same when the prices spike.

As far as staying on topic for the thread - I much prefer the cruise lines to just adjust the fare of the cruise to cover fuel costs and not that miserable fuel charge. I would rather know how much I have to spend, than worry about some huge unexpected surcharge ending up on my sign and sail.

Agreed. And I wish the airlines would do the same with all there silly fees. Put it in the cost of the ticket and don't nickle and dime me once I've already bought my ticket.

Not looking forward to the gas bill when we drive down to Ft. Lauderdale in a few weeks.

While it is true Carnival said at this time they dont plan on charging the fuel surcharge, its not true they are keeping prices up. Prices year over year were already down 4th qtr last year. There are some huge bargains out there that I have never seen before out of Galveston. I saw the new Magic at $399!!! wow!!! I could not believe it. If I had someone to cruise with I would have jumped.

Cruise prices are already down year over year .. and that was before the Costa incident which is going to further hit earnings another 11 cents a share by taking those cruises out of the mix for one year (at least).

Why do you insist on stiring the pot, I said IF THEY KEEP THE PRICES UP because that is what I think. I know some cruises are up in price others down, but for the most part they are UP.

By the way what does "year over year" mean? Is that a regional saying? I have never heard that before and might not be understanding your point.

"year after year" makes sense but "year over year" ? I don't know

While it is true Carnival said at this time they dont plan on charging the fuel surcharge, its not true they are keeping prices up. Prices year over year were already down 4th qtr last year. There are some huge bargains out there that I have never seen before out of Galveston. I saw the new Magic at $399!!! wow!!! I could not believe it. If I had someone to cruise with I would have jumped.

Cruise prices are already down year over year .. and that was before the Costa incident which is going to further hit earnings another 11 cents a share by taking those cruises out of the mix for one year (at least).

actually, i was a bit taken back on the current ad the are running on tv, as well as some internet ads, of $299 for 3 days.

I remember the days a $299 for 5 days, airfare included!

For every dollar they try to surcharge me after I have paid in full, I should deduct A dollar from the tips ! I bet if everyone did this the pressure from the crew would force a halt to Oil surcharge real fast !!!:eek:

I was wondering about doing the same exact thing, but didnt know if that would be the PC thing to do.:)

Why do you insist on stiring the pot, I said IF THEY KEEP THE PRICES UP because that is what I think. I know some cruises are up in price others down, but for the most part they are UP.

I disagree totally.

Prices are NOT up enough to cover increased costs over the past decade which is the reason why CCL has made cuts.

The higher the fuel costs get, the more that will be cut if they don't make it up someplace.

Fuel surcharges are the least of my concern.

I disagree totally.

Prices are NOT up enough to cover increased costs over the past decade which is the reason why CCL has made cuts.

The higher the fuel costs get, the more that will be cut if they don't make it up someplace.

Fuel surcharges are the least of my concern.

Well said

For every dollar they try to surcharge me after I have paid in full, I should deduct A dollar from the tips ! I bet if everyone did this the pressure from the crew would force a halt to Oil surcharge real fast !!!:eek:

What a terrible idea. Why penalize the crew?

Better thing to do is stop buying drinks.

BTW if the cruiselines do not try and cover costs would you be happier to see them in bankruptcy and laying up their ships?

What a terrible idea. Why penalize the crew?

Better thing to do is stop buying drinks.

BTW if the cruiselines do not try and cover costs would you be happier to see them in bankruptcy and laying up their ships?

I do not buy drinks ! They should increase the fares not surcharge! It is way too hard to budget if you do not know the costs in advance.

As for penalizing the crew.....the crew dont get very much from the cruiseline....90% of their salary comes from tips! So if you need to send a loud clear message, you have to hit hard and sometimes below the belt!

The cruiselines would have no problem hitting you with a low blow!

Archived