Best alcohol

max a million

Isnt Big Black Dick made in Cayman.

I bring back a variety that I buy onboard mostly. Sheridans I always have around, and cant buy it here.

I buy stuff that isnt available in the US. Brands of aged tequila in cozumel.

I brought back a bottle of Grand Marnier last time from the ship, even though I can buy it here, its so much cheaper. So, I also buy stuff that is good quality to bring home as a treat.

Isnt Big Black Dick made in Cayman.

I bring back a variety that I buy onboard mostly. Sheridans I always have around, and cant buy it here.

I buy stuff that isnt available in the US. Brands of aged tequila in cozumel.

I brought back a bottle of Grand Marnier last time from the ship, even though I can buy it here, its so much cheaper. So, I also buy stuff that is good quality to bring home as a treat.

My bad. Cayman is right. Got vacations confused. Love my rum !!

Going to Bahamas, st Thomas and st Maarten. What bottles of liquor do you recommend bringing home? I remember going to Barbados years ago and Big Black Dick Rum was a hit? Any suggestions?

Off the record? Havana Club Rum. (very much illegal to bring back since it is from Cuba). I would NEVER do such a thing.;)

If you like rum, Cruzan is a very good rum. You can buy it in St. Thomas for as little as $2.99 for a liter at some stores since it is a Virgin Islands product. (here it is about $15) It does not count towards your duty free limits.

So I was wondering. Just how much cheaper is alcohol in lets say Mexico compared to here in the states?

Were not big drinkers so I guess I never paid attention when I do pay....except for mixed drinks at like$8 a drink then I notice but if I go buy a bottle of vodka at the liquor store it runs me $20-30 depending....so how much cheaper is in Mexico?

Im starting to think I might bring some home if it is that much cheaper!

So I was wondering. Just how much cheaper is alcohol in lets say Mexico compared to here in the states?

Were not big drinkers so I guess I never paid attention when I do pay....except for mixed drinks at like$8 a drink then I notice but if I go buy a bottle of vodka at the liquor store it runs me $20-30 depending....so how much cheaper is in Mexico?

I bought some tequila in Mexico for $10 at the overpriced liquor store at the Cozumel port. Came home and looked up the brand and it was something like $35 here for the same bottle.

If you like rum, Cruzan is a very good rum. You can buy it in St. Thomas for as little as $2.99 for a liter at some stores since it is a Virgin Islands product. (here it is about $15) It does not count towards your duty free limits.

Good to know. Will bring extra baggage! Got 5 adults - enough for couple of summer months :eek:

Ah, now that makes me want to bring some home ....

I was up in Canada and it was the well rum at a nice restaurant. I really liked it and asked them for the brand. It is available in a few liquor stores in Nassau that are within a couple blocks of the ships. Price is not bad either. It it slightly harsh at first, but followed by a great sugar cane taste.

If I were one to buy Cuban rum and bring it back, I would hope that it is sold in the ports on my upcoming cruise, but again I would never do such a thing.

I bought some tequila in Mexico for $10 at the overpriced liquor store at the Cozumel port. Came home and looked up the brand and it was something like $35 here for the same bottle.

That is great! I am pregnant and wont be able to enjoy any drinks on ship but for that price I will stock up and enjoy after the baby :D

. . . It does not count towards your duty free limits.

This is incorrect. It counts toward you limits, but the limits are different if you purchase liquor in the USVI. Your limit is 5 liters, plus one additional liter, if one of them is bottled in the USVI.

it really depends on the shop and the alcohol. I've been bringing back tequilas for more years that I should admit :D Since I lived in areas without great selections in the package stores a few years ago I started taking the pages from my local Total Wine catalog so I would have handy

1) what was available back home, and 2) how much it costs.

Unrelated totally agree on Havana Club Rum. I've been known to stock it in my villa in Cancun.

• 1 month later...

Big Black Dick Rums are still available in the Cayman Islands! They have new flavours now too!! Great special and they give you some to taste!! Love it.... The new Chocolate Rum Liqueur is AMAZING!!!

• 3 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to cruising, so let me apologize in advance for my newbie question, so here goes... If I buy a bottle of rum on the cruise, do I get to take it back to my cabin or do they hold it until the last day?

Archived