Should I be Flattered or Furious?

Froufie

So I check out someone else's travel blog (on the same cruise as I was on) and notice an eerie similarity in some of the pictures? The individual was of course on the same cruise and visited some of the same spots but still?

I go and check my pics/review and lo and behold I now notice the pics are not just similar but IDENTICAL - down to the same parked cars and people on the street in the same spots wearing the same clothes....well you get the idea!

Looks like someone has 'borrowed' a few of my pics, posting them in their own bllog making it look as if they took them?

Now those that know me know I am a pretty relaxed and 'go with the flow' kind of a person - and I'm sure if someone had asked nicely if they could use my pics, or given credit I would not bat an eye.....

But the idea of using someone else's pictures and passing them off as your own are foreign to me (yes friends are commenting on the blog about HER review and pics :) )....

I have 'posted' and mentioned this to the offender with no response yet???:rolleyes:

So would you be flattered or furious?

I think I would be flattered to think that my own pictures were better than their own and that they wanted to remember their trip with the great shots I got.... FYI we have to remember that anything put anywhere on the internet is no longer private..anyone can use them, print them, share them, reuse them, photo shop them, etc

I think I would be flattered to think that my own pictures were better than their own and that they wanted to remember their trip with the great shots I got.... FYI we have to remember that anything put anywhere on the internet is no longer private..anyone can use them, print them, share them, reuse them, photo shop them, etc

Yep, that's the risk you take. I think I'd be flattered. Even if I wasn't credited. I know I took them, and unless I'm trying to impress the world with my "talent", don't think I'd be upset that I wasn't given credit for the pic.

this is why you should watermark all of your pictures or put your name in the corner.

This. I don't put anything on line that I'm not willing to have stolen or abused. Some people will always believe "if it's on the interwebs, it must be free for me to take and use as I want".

Did she steal and put them on her own photo account? If she hotlinked it directly to your account, you can have a lot of fun changing the image and leaving the pic address alone.

Also, reply to her post and call her out publicly. Trolling can be a lot of fun, just ask some on this board who are experts...

I agree with cruisinreunion, but I don't think anybody would want my pictures LOL. :)

Truthfully, in spite of everything said about the internet not being secure I would be furious if someone tried to pass off my pictures as their own. I wouldn't mind if someone asked especially if their pictures didn't come out good or they lost their camera but to use yours without permission shows a total lack of respect.

I would be angry. You spent the time taking and uploading those pics. I guess I need to add a watermark on all my pics on Flickr. I just have to figure out how to do it... Hopefully my son knows. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I think I would be flattered, after all they are just pictures of scenery. No big deal.

Doug

i've yet to look at a magazine or paper and after looking at a picture, look to see who took it.

or even care. :rolleyes:

same goes on the internets.

As long as they were scenery type pictures it would be OK. I can imagine that a person wanting to pass along a view of some place they were going or the inside of a specific cabin they were going to be in. I google all the time a place I'm going or ship that I will be on and find a jillion images. If you have something private I don't think the internet is a good place for them. E-mail them to the people you want to share them with instead and ask them not to post on any website.

It doesn't sound like it

I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't brave enough to say it, THANK YOU!!!

I'm a go with the flow type of person also, but if someone took something of mine without permission I'd be upset. Which is what happened to the OP.

i've yet to look at a magazine or paper and after looking at a picture, look to see who took it.

or even care. :rolleyes:

same goes on the internets.

The person receiving the payment for those photos in the magazine cares;).

I think I would be irritated, but probably wouldn't make a fuss about it. Not worth the hassle, KWIM, especially if it was a picture of a public landmark or something like that. Now, if it was a personal picture (had my kids in it or something like that), I would be really upset.

I agree about adding the watermark- is there an easy way to do that?

Froufie,

I would be a little irritated. It's rude of them to take your pictures and then post them in their own review. Didn't they think you would see their review? :confused:

I would post a comment to their review so they know you know. Other than that there isn't much you can do. I hope they apologize to you for jacking your pics. It wasn't very cool of them to do that to you.

Archived