Bayonne Premier Parking

Johnd6rose

So are you saying that all of the parking lots that offer discounted pricing at airports around the country are shady? I understand you did not like this company (some sort of competitors?) but claiming that $12 a night is below-market pricing for long term parking in Bayonne is ridiculous. If anything, it's reasonably priced and the $20 that the pier charges is overpriced.

Next maybe you'd like to tell me that the $10/night (before coupons) that I pay to park at the Purchase College parking lot 5 minutes from Westchester County Airport is shady, and that I should pay the airport's ridiculous $30/night price.

And I'm sure you'll get lots of people to agree with you on Uber and Airbnb not being worthy of using (not).

Apparently you don't understand the potential consequences of doing business with companies operating without proper licenses and insurance, which is how Uber and Airbnb operate in many places. This was also likely true for this fly-by-night parking operation.

Where did I say anything about the parking lot you use in Westchester?

So will the pier garage lower their price from $20 because you don't have to worry about snow? I doubt it.

You used the parking garage at Cape Liberty in January because you did not want a foot of snow on your car upon return. You also wrote that you were considering a park and stay option rather than using the garage.

I have a cruise next January, let me know the park and stay you were considering, the one with a parking garage that would have kept your car snow free. It must have a garage otherwise why else would you consider it.

I may use that hotel and their parking garage next January so I don't have a foot of snow when I return.

I have a cruise next January, let me know the park and stay you were considering, the one with a parking garage that would have kept your car snow free. It must have a garage otherwise why else would you consider it.

I may use that hotel and their parking garage next January so I don't have a foot of snow when I return.

That's the problem, there is none (as I'm sure you know). I considered a park & stay at the Ramada, since even with the night at the hotel it was cheaper than 12 nights at the port garage, and that was when it was still $19 a night. Sadly, they don't have a garage so I parked at the pier, and got the unpleasant surprise of the $1/day increase when I got there.

That said, the $19/night price they were charging before the garage opened (except for a 3 month period) did not come with the same advantage of no snow on your car when you returned. Now at least I can justify paying it.

I did once park at a garage near EWR that offered a free shuttle to the pier. Sadly they stopped offering the shuttle, so it's no longer an option.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 3 weeks later...

So, it appears that this lot is no longer listed at Premier or Parkwhiz. I'm not sure what this means (it could just be a temporary glitch) and perhaps there will be news when people park there (or try to park there) tomorrow.

I'm ready for the chorus of "I told you so".

• 2 weeks later...

Parked here for RCCL Anthem cruise leaving on Jan 25, 2016. Cruise was delayed a day because of snow storm but parking lot was cleared and we caught a shuttle immediately to the port around 11:30am. Traffic at the port was very slow so the 1.5 miles took over 30 mins to reach the terminal. So getting there was as expected. The problem came on the return on Feb 6, a 35 degree day. People had been waiting since before 7am. Several calls were made to get a status but the Premier Parking company representative, answering in Chicago, was unable to reach anyone at the Bayonne lot. By the time we left the ship at 8am there were as many as 40 people waiting for the shuttle that never came. At 9am we finally got a "taxi" bus to take a group to the parking lot for $5/each. There were no workers at the parking lot. Very disappointing and the company has not returned any inquiries regarding a refund. NOT RECOMMENDED at any price.

Parked here for RCCL Anthem cruise leaving on Jan 25, 2016. Cruise was delayed a day because of snow storm but parking lot was cleared and we caught a shuttle immediately to the port around 11:30am. Traffic at the port was very slow so the 1.5 miles took over 30 mins to reach the terminal. So getting there was as expected. The problem came on the return on Feb 6, a 35 degree day. People had been waiting since before 7am. Several calls were made to get a status but the Premier Parking company representative, answering in Chicago, was unable to reach anyone at the Bayonne lot. By the time we left the ship at 8am there were as many as 40 people waiting for the shuttle that never came. At 9am we finally got a "taxi" bus to take a group to the parking lot for $5/each. There were no workers at the parking lot. Very disappointing and the company has not returned any inquiries regarding a refund. NOT RECOMMENDED at any price.

Your experience is an exact mirror of mine which I detailed on this forum.

Sorry you had to experience exactly what I did but I did forewarn others.

One poster on this board (look above yours) will praise and defend this company all in the name of saving a few dollars...it is NOT worth it when it comes to Premier Parking!:(

Rumor has it that Premier Parking has gone bankrupt. I saw it on the Florida board where Tampa cruisers posted. I tried to do a future mock booking for Bayonne and the web site said it was not available. This all came up during the Feb 5 Anthem cruise. I'm not surprised that no shuttles picked up the folks from that cruise, but it did come back 2-3 days early.

Has anyone been able to make a future booking with Premier? Quite frankly it's been a sketchy operation from the beginning, but some folks will pay to abandon their car anywhere and "hitch" a ride with a stranger who is uninsured to operate a shuttle service.