Which rules do you wish the cruise line would enforce?

lizjoemom

I am sure that this has been a thread before, but after reading the heated debate regarding dining room dress, I was wondering: Which "rules" do you wish were enforced better on your cruise?

I will get the ball rolling with my favorite pet peeve:

Kids in the Hot tub when it clearly states "no children under the age of....." Especially very small children.

What's yours?

What's yours?

I would prefer all of them to be enforced but on a budget line like Carnival I dont expect it. Judging by many folks here, its their vacation and rules be damned, they are going to do what they want anyway. Carnival obviously caters to these types for the most part.

I say enforce them all or do away with them all. Having rules but refusing to enforce them tells you are a joke and a pushover.

I would prefer all of them to be enforced but on a budget line like Carnival I dont expect it.

I was really thinking what your pet peeve is, but it would be nice if all the rules were enforced.

I was wondering, do you think that rules are more likely to be enforced on a "non-budget" line? I have cruised on RCCL, Norwegian (before and after "Freestyle" was implemented) and on Disney. I am not sure if these are considered "budget" or not, but pretty much across the board have basically the same rules and enforce or dont enforce them pretty much the same way as far as I could see.

Most of the rules are based on common sense and good manners. Most of the complaints are about people that lack either one or both of these. Unfortunately, other than complain, there isn't a whole lot that can be done about passengers that lack either of these. It's a situation that is not unique to cruising, but when you're in a self-contained environment such as a cruise ship, it becomes even more noticeable. In a way, it's not unlike a bunch of college students on Spring Break. Some people are well-behaved and know how to have a good time on vacation without p&ssing off everyone else. And then there are those that just don't give a damn.

Dress code in the main dining room. Why should I have to lug a garment bag for my family of four with dress clothes and such for the elegant nights if they are going to allow people in there with tshirts, cut offs and flip flops. I was really disappointed that they didn't enforce the dress code at all last week on the Dream.

Dress code in the main dining room. Why should I have to lug a garment bag for my family of four with dress clothes and such for the elegant nights if they are going to allow people in there with tshirts, cut offs and flip flops. I was really disappointed that they didn't enforce the dress code at all last week on the Dream.

Dont let it bother you. Why worry about what others wear?

Bet you dont purchase any pictures with those folks in them anyway.

Not trying to start an arguement but have learned why sweat the small stuff.

MDR dress code.

ALL of it, not just the elegant nite.

We have skipped quite a few nites in the MDR just b/c did not want to put on a dress and makeup (HATE makeup when cruising. It just slides off my face, ugh).

mimi

I agree. Chair hogs and swim diapers as well.

With regards to the makeup, try a primer. It will make it stick :) I also use a setting spray (Urban Decay All Nighter). MU makeup doesn't come off until I take it off!

I was really thinking what your pet peeve is, but it would be nice if all the rules were enforced.

I was wondering, do you think that rules are more likely to be enforced on a "non-budget" line? I have cruised on RCCL, Norwegian (before and after "Freestyle" was implemented) and on Disney. I am not sure if these are considered "budget" or not, but pretty much across the board have basically the same rules and enforce or dont enforce them pretty much the same way as far as I could see.

I haven't cruise as much as you or on those lines. I consider Carnival a budget line and I see most budget anythings pretty lax on any rules. No matter the company.

If I sailed on Celebrity and saw rules get slipped on by, I would be surprised honestly. NCL, Carnival? It doesnt surprise me. Lax rules enforcement comes with the territory when it comes to budget companies.

No biggie, I expect it and adjust my expectations of fellow passengers accordingly.

If I sailed on Celebrity and saw rules get slipped on by, I would be surprised honestly. NCL, Carnival? It doesnt surprise me. Lax rules enforcement comes with the territory when it comes to budget companies.

No biggie, I expect it and adjust my expectations of fellow passengers accordingly.

Have sailed on Celebrity, Princess, NCL and Carnival and as far as the rules go....they are all the same. Sometimes they enforce them and sometimes they don't. Carnival is no different when it comes to enforcing the rules than Celebrity.

I would prefer all of them to be enforced but on a budget line like Carnival I dont expect it. Judging by many folks here, its their vacation and rules be damned, they are going to do what they want anyway. Carnival obviously caters to these types for the most part.

I say enforce them all or do away with them all. Having rules but refusing to enforce them tells you are a joke and a pushover.

Not only Carnival but all the cruise lines. I have been on Carnival, RCCL, and NCL and they do not enforce chair hogs, saving seats, and many others that drive us crazy. I wish they would enforce them all.

Problem is you are respectful of the rules. Some here will tell you thats a foolish thing to do. Screw the rules, why bother? For some around here, adhering to and expecting others to be respectful of rules to is frowned upon. Being incapable of following or even being willfully disrespectful of the rules is in fact championed by some.

Thankfully they are not the majority around here.

I do have to ask though. How bad was it? On my Carnival cruise there was only a handful of folks who didnt play by the rules. I found that the vast majority did pretty well.

Not only Carnival but all the cruise lines. I have been on Carnival, RCCL, and NCL and they do not enforce chair hogs, saving seats, and many others that drive us crazy. I wish they would enforce them all.

Thats a little disconcerting about the other lines, especially RCCL as their fares are considerably higher than Carnivals.

Lucky for me though as I dont want a chair anywhere near the pool so I luck out. Still sucks for families who want to be near the pool to watch their children. they should give preference to them IMHO.

I don't worry about the dress code...people wear what they want and we wear what we want, although we do like to dress for dinner each night. But I don't really care what other people are wearing.

The Chair Hogs are the worst. And the diapers in the swimming pool...either let them in or don't...this one really isn't too hard to enforce as they are easy to spot and there isn't too many of them.

I also think Carnival either needs to make a decision...are they rules or are they guidelines?

Thats a little disconcerting about the other lines, especially RCCL as their fares are considerably higher than Carnivals.

Lucky for me though as I dont want a chair anywhere near the pool so I luck out. Still sucks for families who want to be near the pool to watch their children. they should give preference to them IMHO.

I have been on RCCL a few times and it is just as bad on the sailings I have been on. That is why I like to be near the pool, so if my kids are swimming I don't have to stand...I have said before, I HATE when I can't get a chair anywhere near the pool and not only are they saved with crap, but people are just sleeping out there...can't you sleep in any deck chair?

Archived