Which rules do you wish the cruise line would enforce?

lizjoemom

I cannot stand kids in the hot tubs either. Chair Hogs never bother me much, I normally don't hang where they do to often. Last month I had that rare opportunity of a solo hot tub experiance, until 5 kids jumped in, all of them covered in chocolate, tossing candy bars to each other till the bars fell into the water. Once I saw the wrappers floating I started getting out, the young kids then started cussing at each other for ruining there candy, with some amazing language. I would guess the kids were 8-13 years of age. Really, where are the parents?

THIS! I know the bartenders are trying to make $$$, but for heaven's sake ... some people need to be CUT OFF! If you cannot stand up or speak, it's time to be cut off and call it a night. This, above all, is my biggest pet peeve.

2nd is smoking in non-smoking areas.

3rd is (I'm a germaphobe) is people (yes, adults and kids alike) reaching WITH THEIR HANDS to get stuff off the buffet. That grosses me out. Workers should enforce using the tongs that are provided. Further, EVERYONE getting in line for the buffet should have to use hand sanitizer before handling all the tongs. Don't wait for Noro to break out ... do it for every meal, every day. Who knows when the last time some people washed their hands. EWWWWWWW ... :eek:

Yeah but even if they use the tongs, you have to use the tongs too! Yikes!

I agree. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. We just got off the Dream. Last sea day we slept later than usual and didn't get out on deck until about 9:00 a.m. No chairs on the Lido deck, but plenty "saved." we went to the aft on the panorama deck and found 2 loungers. We never sat in the aft area before, but now we will chose that first. Much more relaxed atmosphere and convenient to everything.

We sat in the aft area as well on the lido deck. The music isn't as loud and it's a little bit more low key.

Speaking of "saved" chairs - I am an early riser so at about 7:30 am I went out to get my lounger and was reading. Meanwhile two women came along and saved about 5 or 6 chairs and proceeded to leave for 3 HOURS! A few other people came along and took one of their abandoned chairs and when those women showed back up three hours after they originally had saved them they were tee'd off that one of their chairs was taken and threw the ladies bag onto her chair...lol. Really, I don't see how someone could think that if they leave their "saved" chairs for 3 hours that they will be there upon their return.

MDR dress code.

ALL of it, not just the elegant nite.

We have skipped quite a few nites in the MDR just b/c did not want to put on a dress and makeup (HATE makeup when cruising. It just slides off my face, ugh).

There isn't a rule about make up in the main dining room. I've never worn any! What is to enforce? (Or dresses, actually.) This sounds like your preference, not Carnival's rule.

I'm glad they do not require hand sanitizer. I wash my hands well, but I will not use that stuff. It does nothing for Noro, and I don't think it is an effective means of killing what it does kill, I don't like the idea of how it builds resistance, more so than handwashing (which of course does it too to some extent). And it is really drying, and smells gross.

I wish they would do a better job of clearing chairs on the Lido when people are looking for seats and they have been left absent. It doesn't really bother me if people aren't looking for seats.

My pet peeves people that need to look for things to complain about on their vacation.

Sit back, relax and have a good time. We are all Way to stressed the other 51 weeks a year to have to stress out on your time off.

Develop thicker skin and try not to give a $&/!.

Have sailed on Celebrity, Princess, NCL and Carnival and as far as the rules go....they are all the same. Sometimes they enforce them and sometimes they don't. Carnival is no different when it comes to enforcing the rules than Celebrity.

Must depend upon the ships. Our 2 cruises on Celebrity included "pool attendants" who constantly circulated around the pools and removed towels that had been laid there to "reserve" chairs and men who attempted to enter the MDR on elegant nights in just slacks/shirt were offered a jacket to wear or sent to the buffet. We'll be on CCL at the end of this year and back on Celebrity in Jan. 2013 and I'm sure we'll notice the difference in standards again.

I just got off the Conquest yesterday and I wish the staff would stop kids & teens from running up & down the halls during the late night hours. We had kids & teens banging on doors, taking the breakfast orders off doors, removing the 'snoozin' signs, they would press all the buttons in all of the elevators off and on during the day. Our room steward said they couldn't 'correct' the children or ask them to behave. He said they are not allowed to do that.

Also in the inside buffet area I think bathrobes, bikinis, shirtless men and barefoot people should not be allowed to sit and dine. I can understand walking thru from one side to another while wearing a bathrobe but not sitting down to eat.

I've sailed NCL & Carnival and both lines had unruly kids, chair hogs, kids in adult only areas etc...

All of them or don't have the rules. If people violate any rule, give them 1 warning and them off at the next port - or earlier.

DON

Wow, one infraction? That's a little harsh for wearing a t-shirt in the MDR, dontcha think? Just sayin'......

Chair Hogs!!! I feel bad leaving my chair to go to the bathroom at the same time as my hubby cause I don't want to be ONE OF THOSE!

But seriously, there needs to be a way of monitoring how long a chair is left then. Each chair have a card you put down what time you left... Then u are sure to return or its gone. My hubby and I always go get our food seperatly and bring it back so someone is minding our chair even if it is just 15 minutes.

It peeves me when I walk around for an hour looking for a nice sunny spot by the pool and half of the chairs have 1 FLIPPING flip flop on it. I really would just like to throw it overbard! But if I see it there for a length of time I will take it to the towel area. :mad:

We've resorted to smelling the smoke from the boat just to get in the sun before cause my hubby hates walking around forever looking for a chair....

Meanwhile,,, half the flipping chairs are being occupied by a book or flip-flop. How do they have better seats than me!?!? :confused: They aren't even human!!!:p

Children in the serenity area. The attendants see the children/tweens and say nothing to them. These are not unsupervised children. The children were with parents who knew it was an adult only area. Happened twice on my last cruise.

The attendant just sat there with a lost look on his face. :rolleyes:

Dont let it bother you. Why worry about what others wear?

Bet you dont purchase any pictures with those folks in them anyway.

Not trying to start an arguement but have learned why sweat the small stuff.

I agree, I worry about my own not what others are doing, that way you wont set your own self up for stress.

Running kids on the pool decK, diving and doing cannonballs in the pool!! Meanwhile

Mom & dad are enjoying watching their kids almost drown a toddler trying to enjoy the

Pool with grandpa and knock down other kids!!!!

Archived