Do they ever cruise w/empty suites?

hikingchik

It can be a great marketing tool to upgrade someone to a suite. However, if I were Carnival why would I use it on someone that already appears to be a loyal customer. I would think they stand more to gain by upgrading a first time Carnival cruiser. Of course I say all this but really have no clue how their upgrade program works.

They sail full and will do whatever they can to sell their suites.

Not necessarily-- they SAY they sail full, but it really depends on the time of year. One crew member confessed to me at the end of my Inspiration cruise that the ship wasn't full (not sure if that included suites or not).

Not necessarily-- they SAY they sail full, but it really depends on the time of year. One crew member confessed to me at the end of my Inspiration cruise that the ship wasn't full (not sure if that included suites or not).

I've never sailed without seeing that sign. It will discourage people asking and changing all their records at the last minute. I've sailed, and it's been clear the ship wasn't full just by watching non crowds everywhere.

Empty cabins does not mean the ship is not at 100% capacity. With triple, quad and quint cabins filled the ship can reach maximum capacity and still have empty rooms.

Maximum passenger capacity is determined by lifeboat seats, not beds.

I've never sailed without seeing that sign. It will discourage people asking and changing all their records at the last minute. I've sailed, and it's been clear the ship wasn't full just by watching non crowds everywhere.

That means the Triples, Quads and Quints weren't all at maximum. They may have had mostly 2 passengers in every cabin and that can result in hundreds less people on board and therefore less crowds.

Every Carnival ship sails at 100% capacity.

They do sometimes have rooms open even when they say they're full. We had a flooding issue with our room a few years back and they moved us to a jr.suite. :D

Our new room steward didn't get the message and was quite surprised when she saw us come out of the room because it was marked as "not occupied" on her schedule.Thank goodness she didn't walk in on us!:eek:

We booked a balcony guarantee one time and got a junior suite instead...I guess that was our one and done because it hasn't happend again.

I asked why we got a suite and they said that the guarantee meant that category or higher so they had a few open because a group had to cancel so a few guarantees got moved up...

Ive seen them take the one empty suite and upgrade someone during a bingo game. They would use it if they happened to have a suite going empty.

We have been on a cruise where a Bingo session was held to upgrade a cabin to a suite for the rest of the cruise, so they must have had an empty!

Ive seen it as well

They do sometimes have rooms open even when they say they're full. We had a flooding issue with our room a few years back and they moved us to a jr.suite. :D

Our new room steward didn't get the message and was quite surprised when she saw us come out of the room because it was marked as "not occupied" on her schedule.Thank goodness she didn't walk in on us!:eek:

I only use my cabin to sleep in. What else can you use it for??? :D;)

I am sure that Carnival, as well as other Cruise lines do the same as all major hotels and resorts. A complete full remake of the bed does not happen each turn of guest but rather every second or third. Sheets, mattress pads, and pillow cases are of course done, but blankets and comforters or bedspreads are not. This is why a lot of resorts and hotels do what is known as double sheeting.

Also, they will always have a couple of rooms set aside so that if there is an issue with a room, they will have something to move the guest into. As far as they are concerned the property is sold out, because these units are not available for booking.

It can be a great marketing tool to upgrade someone to a suite. However, if I were Carnival why would I use it on someone that already appears to be a loyal customer. I would think they stand more to gain by upgrading a first time Carnival cruiser. Of course I say all this but really have no clue how their upgrade program works.

Our very first cruise (Elation out of Galvaston) about 5 weeks out, our two adult groups get a call from our TA asking if it was ok that they moved us from 2 OV to two grand suites, and the kids from 2 insides to two ov near our suites. NO problemo!!!!! That actually made us loyal suite cruisers.

Archived