Oasis Lunch

Everyone used to recommend Park Cafe but it seems the secret is out now and it's insanely busy on embarkation day!

I didn't do this on the Allure on embarkation day, but maybe check out the Solarium Bistro for lunch - I can't imagine that many people will have discovered it by lunch time on the first day, and their food was great!

We went to Park Cafe on embarkation day and it wasn't busy at all. We boarded at about 1 PM.There was plenty of seating out in Central Park. The roast beef sandwiches are soooooo good and the salads were excellent as well. I recommend this if you don't want to pay extra surcharges.

Is there a charge for Giovanni's during the day? Is the MD open? I can't stand the WJ on the first day sooooooo crazy and not a relaxing way to kick off my cruise!

Giovanni's has a fee for lunch. MDR is not open. WJ is extra crazy on Oasis during boarding.

We went to Park Cafe on embarkation day and it wasn't busy at all. We boarded at about 1 PM.There was plenty of seating out in Central Park. The roast beef sandwiches are soooooo good and the salads were excellent as well. I recommend this if you don't want to pay extra surcharges.

I'd imagine that at 1pm the crowds would start to go down since the rooms would have just opened and people would have other places to go. We sent to Park Cafe the first day and it was a little difficult to find a place to sit but not impossible.

We always used to do WJ on embarkation but we found we were not fans of the WJ on the Allure. It was small and poorly laid out, however, there were so many other dining options we didn't miss it. We really liked solarium cafe, Sorrento's has pizza and small sandwiches, there is also the wipeout cafe if you just want to grab a hot dog, nachos etc but we didn't go up on day 1 so someone else might be able to input info on times etc.

Just off the oasis yesterday and everything was crowded on embarkation day. We ate at the solarium thinking it would be less crowded, wrong, it was packed. We walked by Park and it was also mobbed....too many people all trying to do the same thing at the same time :) I would stick with your idea of a specialty restaurant but me sure to make reservations ahead of time, especially on day 1.

Enjoy it is a wonderful ship!

Just off the oasis yesterday and everything was crowded on embarkation day. We ate at the solarium thinking it would be less crowded, wrong, it was packed. We walked by Park and it was also mobbed....too many people all trying to do the same thing at the same time :) I would stick with your idea of a specialty restaurant but me sure to make reservations ahead of time, especially on day 1.

Good to know.

Can you tell me about what time you boarded and the time you were going for your lunch?

After standing in line to check in at the airport, standing in line at security, standing in line to board, standing in line to collect bags, standing in line at port security, standing in line to board the ship,...the $30 ( total) we spent to walk in and SIT DOWN at Giovanni's was priceless! It was the only specialty dining we did other the a JR 2 for 1 milkshake all week and worth every dime. :D

It must depend on what time you board and go to lunch. We were there around noon on the same sailing and when we were eating in the solarium, it was nearly empty except for the day tour group going through and watching us eat.

Can you tell me about what time you boarded and the time you were going for your lunch?

We were on board around 12:00 it was very quick only a few minutes in the waiting area. We were eating by 12:30ish. I saw where another cruiser said thy were in the Solarium at noon and it was almost empty. I guess it's all in the timing :) Have fun it's a great ship.

Archived