Coming tomorrow @ 8.30am EST

kazbar

Tomorrow, at approx 8:30am EST there will be some brilliant news to share with you all. Its delightful, exciting, sensational, terrific,ingenious, neat, yummy news that you will not want to miss. So, look out for this tomorrow morning and I will post it all here for you.

First letter of each word: delightful, exciting, sensational, terrific,ingenious, neat, yummy

Destiny

Brilliant! Will you be my partner on Wheel of Fortune!

Tomorrow, at approx 8:30am EST there will be some brilliant news to share with you all. Its delightful, exciting, sensational, terrific,ingenious, neat, yummy news that you will not want to miss. So, look out for this tomorrow morning and I will post it all here for you.

First letter of each word: delightful, exciting, sensational, terrific,ingenious, neat, yummy

Destiny

Eh. I'm no longer interested. I was hoping for some fleet-wide news.

They will offer fresh squeeze oj on the lido deck, Presidente Brand french butter in the mdr, mushroom rissoto will return and take its rightful place instead of the mash potatoes,the chicken satay will be back on the menu, steak sandwishes will return at the aft pool, NY steaks return to the anytime menu and the atrium bar will again be offering Chex mix!

The steak sandwiches...sigh. I had just forgotten about them and now I want them back all over again :(

The return of that and the fruit punch would make me the happiest cruiser ever!:D

That sounds like the Mongolian Steak that is offered in the MDR for lunch. It isn't offered everyday. It has steak with sesame seeds and a salad with a dressing that is definitely Asian in flavor. It's my favorite entree on the lunch menu!

Oh, I love that stuff. Had it last week on the Conquest and it is my new lunch favorite.

It's 5:48 EST now......on the Carnival website............European cruises for July 2013......

INTRODUCING THE CARNIVAL SUNSHINE!!!!! (I heard a couple of days ago that Destiny would be renamed).

Sorry John, you shouldn't have given such a great clue and us being to preempt your announcement.

hears what i found

Carnival’s Destiny is getting a new look and a new name.

Not long ago I speculated that when Carnival announced the Destiny would be making a one-way Transatlantic cruise in February 2013 — with no further information on what it was going to do after arriving — it could be headed for refurbishing, then replace the Costa Concordia.

Not quite right. Refurbishing, yes. Replacing Concordia, no.

The Destiny will stay with Carnival under a new ship name — Sunshine. Hmmm, interesting that Royal Caribbean refers to its new class of ship as “Project Sunshine.”

Stealing a bit of thunder

http://blogs.canada.com/2012/03/06/sunshine-for-carnival-fleet-too/

With a $155-million budget this renovation is not cheap. The ship will get the full Carnival Funship 2.0 treatment and a lot more.

Once it’s finished, it will stay and sail Europe in 2013 as a second ship from Carnival and then it’s on to New Orleans, where it will stay year-round.

The re-fit will also include a new layout for the ship — the addition of a partial deck and the expansion of two other decks within the forward section, providing more space for new public options, along with 182 new cabins.

So here’s what’s new…

• Fahrenheit 555, a steakhouse which like other steakhouses on Carnival will have be a surcharge.

• A full-service Asian restaurant which will have an extensive Far East menu. No charge at lunch, nominal fee for dinner, similar to the Italian restaurant onboard the new Dream series ships.

• The Comfort Kitchen, an eatery inside the Lido Marketplace.

• The Sunshine Bar, a new name for the lobby bar, and a new bar for Cigar smokers, complete with a wide range of liquors and cognacs.

• Outside, Carnival has taken the adults-only retreat — Serenity — and expanded it over three decks compared to the two-deck renovation introduced in Fun Ship 2.0.

The best way to describe all this is that it’s everything 2.0, plus a lot more with added decks, cabins and features as Carnival renovates its fleet, one ship at a time.

The staterooms are to be revamped with a new tropical décor in keeping with Caribbean itineraries, and 96 of the new staterooms will be spa cabins.

And here is the planned schedule:

Sunshine will launch a 2013 series of Mediterranean cruises departing from Venice on April 12 and arriving in Barcelona 14 days later. The ship will then operate a series of 18 nine-and-12-day cruises, either round-trip from Barcelona or sailing between Barcelona and Venice.

Sunshine will then sail a 16-day Transatlantic crossing departing Barcelona November 1 and arriving New Orleans 16 days later.

Three different week-long itineraries will be offered:

1. An exotic Western Caribbean route to Belize City (Belize), Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, and Cozumel (Mexico)

2. A Bahamas/Florida schedule to Key West (Florida) and Freeport and Nassau (Bahamas)

3. Western Caribbean departures to Montego Bay (Jamaica), George Town (Grand Cayman) and Cozumel.

When you consider that it would cost over $700 million to build a new ship, re-furbishing, re-building or whatever you like to call it seems to be the way to go in for Carnival and many other cruise lines.

All for now.

this is where i found this

hears what i found

Carnival’s Destiny is getting a new look and a new name.

Not long ago I speculated that when Carnival announced the Destiny would be making a one-way Transatlantic cruise in February 2013 — with no further information on what it was going to do after arriving — it could be headed for refurbishing, then replace the Costa Concordia.

Not quite right. Refurbishing, yes. Replacing Concordia, no.

The Destiny will stay with Carnival under a new ship name — Sunshine. Hmmm, interesting that Royal Caribbean refers to its new class of ship as “Project Sunshine.”

Stealing a bit of thunder

http://blogs.canada.com/2012/03/06/sunshine-for-carnival-fleet-too/

With a $155-million budget this renovation is not cheap. The ship will get the full Carnival Funship 2.0 treatment and a lot more.

Once it’s finished, it will stay and sail Europe in 2013 as a second ship from Carnival and then it’s on to New Orleans, where it will stay year-round.

The re-fit will also include a new layout for the ship — the addition of a partial deck and the expansion of two other decks within the forward section, providing more space for new public options, along with 182 new cabins.

So here’s what’s new…

• Fahrenheit 555, a steakhouse which like other steakhouses on Carnival will have be a surcharge.

• A full-service Asian restaurant which will have an extensive Far East menu. No charge at lunch, nominal fee for dinner, similar to the Italian restaurant onboard the new Dream series ships.

• The Comfort Kitchen, an eatery inside the Lido Marketplace.

• The Sunshine Bar, a new name for the lobby bar, and a new bar for Cigar smokers, complete with a wide range of liquors and cognacs.

• Outside, Carnival has taken the adults-only retreat — Serenity — and expanded it over three decks compared to the two-deck renovation introduced in Fun Ship 2.0.

The best way to describe all this is that it’s everything 2.0, plus a lot more with added decks, cabins and features as Carnival renovates its fleet, one ship at a time.

The staterooms are to be revamped with a new tropical décor in keeping with Caribbean itineraries, and 96 of the new staterooms will be spa cabins.

And here is the planned schedule:

Sunshine will launch a 2013 series of Mediterranean cruises departing from Venice on April 12 and arriving in Barcelona 14 days later. The ship will then operate a series of 18 nine-and-12-day cruises, either round-trip from Barcelona or sailing between Barcelona and Venice.

Sunshine will then sail a 16-day Transatlantic crossing departing Barcelona November 1 and arriving New Orleans 16 days later.

Three different week-long itineraries will be offered:

1. An exotic Western Caribbean route to Belize City (Belize), Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, and Cozumel (Mexico)

2. A Bahamas/Florida schedule to Key West (Florida) and Freeport and Nassau (Bahamas)

3. Western Caribbean departures to Montego Bay (Jamaica), George Town (Grand Cayman) and Cozumel.

When you consider that it would cost over $700 million to build a new ship, re-furbishing, re-building or whatever you like to call it seems to be the way to go in for Carnival and many other cruise lines.

All for now.

this is where i found this

TY for posting this. Loved sailing out of NOLA! Just wish the itineraries from NOLA got some kind of upgrade. Kinda tired of the same old same old.

They will offer fresh squeeze oj on the lido deck, Presidente Brand french butter in the mdr, mushroom rissoto will return and take its rightful place instead of the mash potatoes,the chicken satay will be back on the menu, steak sandwishes will return at the aft pool, NY steaks return to the anytime menu and the atrium bar will again be offering Chex mix!

Wouldn't all that be NICE!! :)

(I remember the chicken satay...that was really good.)

Ok...just finished reading through.

First, AWESOME work! To the poster who figured out that it was about Destiny

Second..the refurb sounds really nice....and the idea that it will wind up in NOLA is pretty awesome.

I do wonder why they are renaming the ship :confused:...Destiny is a much better name than Sunshine.

Wow...just read the facebook posting. It sounds incredible; the name change is still odd but makes a little more sense considering the number of changes. Overall, sounds like a really great plan, hope it works out and maybe they can do the same to more of their older big ships that are starting to get outpaced by the latest innovations.

I do wonder why they are renaming the ship :confused:...Destiny is a much better name than Sunshine.

It's a direct stab at Royal Caribbean's yet to be launched Sunshine class ships.

The same thing happened when Carnival and RCI alternately named their ships Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Liberty....you get the picture.

It's a game of "who stole who's name"? :rolleyes:

I've always wanted to try sailing out of NO and if that is the case it will give me a reason.

We'll see though it does sound Good (SUNSHINE) and it will steal a little thunder from RCCL.

Very little thunder.

Clearly the most important part of this overhaul is " One-hundred and eighty-two cabins will be added, as well."

Oh good, more pax with the same public space.:rolleyes:

(sorry don't mean to sound like a Carnival basher)

It's a direct stab at Royal Caribbean's yet to be launched Sunshine class ships.

The same thing happened when Carnival and RCI alternately named their ships Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Liberty....you get the picture.

It's a game of "who stole who's name"? :rolleyes:

I totally agree with that

Archived