Prop's on the new website

jsf

Wanted to say thank you to our wonderful CruiseCritic community for your compliments and constructive feedback on our new site updates we launched yesterday.

It sounds like we have made the experience better for many of you, and have also collected all of your feedback of things we can continue to improve with the site.

And thanks to Andy for your help as well!

Celebrity

I am a little concerned that there no longer appears to be a "log-out" button from My Celebrity [or, if there is, I cannot find it]. In the past, not logging out sometimes gave the "Internal Error" message when you tried to access your reservations again. Could this be why some people are having this problem?

Sue

maybe that's because all those electrons have to come Alllll the way across the Atlantic (and you have Ireland sitting there in the way!), dodging all those ships and working its way through all that saltwater, gets to the US Border and has to go through 'email customs' to make sure it isn't coming from some terrorist or is asking someone to help them transfer $Millions from a bank account, then has to cross a few State borders and gets taxed for interstate commerce, then......Oh forget it, it isn't that funny.

Den

Den

You forgot the electrons being held for 2 1/2 hours by immigration at Miami just because their computer systems are so bad .... [Oh, sorry, that is just me being bitter.]

Actually, it runs fast for me in the UK but then I have learned that, if it is currently running slowly using one browser at any time, to switch to another browser!

Sue

When trying to access shore excursions, it shows those for the first day of the cruise. When I try to change it to another port, I get booted back to the log in page. When I try to get back to manage my reservation, I get the message "The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again in 20 minutes". I give up.

I get a irritating saftey window EVERY time I navigate to a new place (within My Celibrity) that indicates that the certificates are not updated. (before I just got it when logging in/out on My Celebrity)

After booking (with problems) excursions they don't ask for CVV number (that validates the card and is a safty check against use of scimmed cards on internet). Therefor the card is "not valid" and I can't pay.

Hi Sue, I had to look around a little for the log out capability. Found it on the My Celebrity page at the very top in the dark blue stripe that runs across the top of the page.

Betsy

You also has to be on My Celebrity home or Captains Club side...

Celebrity

I am a little concerned that there no longer appears to be a "log-out" button from My Celebrity [or, if there is, I cannot find it]. In the past, not logging out sometimes gave the "Internal Error" message when you tried to access your reservations again. Could this be why some people are having this problem?

Sue

I was just in my account, went into the dining section of my reservation, and after that my "log out" button also disappeared and did not come back no matter which tab I clicked.

The way I got to log out was by closing that page, and then going back into my account on the Celebrity site from the beginning again. When I did that, it showed me already logged in and the log out button was displayed on that screen, so I logged out that way.

I did notice that the "Cancel Reservation" option is now back again! :)

Doesn't help me! When I go to My Celebrity the pop up shows under My Reservations " you have no reservations" ?? I have two booked!

When I try the ADD feature it tells me "cannot Add booking Association due to Internal Restrictions" . There is something radically wrong with this page of the new site.... If I go to On Line check-in I can find my reservation for April BUT nowhere does it give me any information about ordering luggage tags. This may be because it is too early?

I still want to know why it tells me anywhere on this new site that I have NO reservations booked when I have the booking numbers to prove it.

Also when I tried to go to the Instant Chat feature they show now - I get the message. "Not available" - guess they don't have service reps lined up yet for this new feature?

I'm having the same problem. First it tells me I have no reservations in MY CELEBRITY (wrong!) and then when I go to the workaround, ONLINE CHECKIN, it tells me I have several reservations (wrong!) and which one do I want to deal with? I had this problem on a cruise a few years ago and the Captain's Club told me it was a common problem and couldn't be fixed. EXCUSE ME? Since I can't access my reservation, I'm unable to access the shorex information for my cruise, so guess I won't be spending any money with Celebrity on this cruise.

And all of my information on my passport, address, phone number, etc. which I had previously entered was gone.

So pardon me, but I don't see that the website is "new and improved." Seems like same old, same old to me.

PS... Question... Does Mr Sloop need to set up his own MY CELEBRITY Account, to show he is a Captain's Club Member as well... OR is the fact that we have our personal info / reservations linked as Travelling Companions enough? (Bearing in mind that we are Canadians, so therefore don't necessarily have the same last name as a couple) Any insight appreciated.

I believe you both need to have a MY CELEBRITY account. That is if both of you want your individual credits for sailing. You should both have different Captain's Club numbers.

With two accounts, you'll get to enjoy the annoyances times 2! My guess is it's not going to like your Canadian postal code any more in his account. :eek: I notice that Arno reported the same problem. Isn't that kind of a major thing to miss???

I have to say that if I had encountered all this website madness after my first two cruises with Celebrity, I think I would have moved on to a different cruise line. It's just so aggravating!

After booking (with problems) excursions they don't ask for CVV number (that validates the card and is a safty check against use of scimmed cards on internet). Therefor the card is "not valid" and I can't pay.

As far as I know the US does not use Chip and Pin or CVV numbers. If you visit the US these days and use your credit card, they seem to have taken the signature route more and more frequently capturing signatures on hand-held devices. [iMHO not the right route but not a decision made by Cleebrity.]

Sue

I get a irritating saftey window EVERY time I navigate to a new place (within My Celibrity) that indicates that the certificates are not updated. (before I just got it when logging in/out on My Celebrity)

The window I get just asks if I was to view both the secure and unsecure data. Annoying.

You also has to be on My Celebrity home or Captains Club side...

Yes, thanks, I did find it eventually!

Sue

Despite the glitches, I do still really like the new site [but perhaps that is because I have not had the major problems other have had]. I really like that it shows me the dates on my "Sailing History" in the UK format [dd/mm/yy] rather than US format [mm/dd/yy]. I DO hope that it is recognising that I am from the UK and is not an "error" that is going to be "corrected"! [Perhaps I should not have brought attention to it....]

For me, at least, it is much, much quicker to do anything in "My Celebrity". OK, they lost some of the information I had already entered but it was really easy to input it again and SO much quicker than it ever was before. It is also quick, easy and clear to see that it had been retained after I have entered it.

Sue

As far as I know the US does not use Chip and Pin or CVV numbers. If you visit the US these days and use your credit card, they seem to have taken the signature route more and more frequently capturing signatures on hand-held devices. [iMHO not the right route but not a decision made by Cleebrity.]

Sue

What makes me really worried is the fact that Celebrity can't handle the web site. That is to me a indication that they can't handle saftey issues either....:(

What makes me really worried is the fact that Celebrity can't handle the web site. That is to me a indication that they can't handle saftey issues either....:(

Celebrity shoreside is a whole different animal from what your experience on the ships will be. Believe me, if the service on the ships were as bad as it is shoreside, they would not have many customers.

I think you will find that once on the ships they take safety and service very seriously.

Archived