Prop's on the new website

jsf

It looks exactly the same to me. It might be slightly faster.

But I still see problems.

For instance, interior cabins on Constellation still include a window in the description and Category 10 cabins are listed as Category 6 with Category 10 pricing.

When you say "new" has the site completely been re-vamped and I'm not seeing it?

Not sure how to address your "I'm not seeing it comment", as there are many new features and enhancements, and the site is significantly faster - at least on my computers it is.

Try visiting different areas of the website, and the areas mentioned earlier in this thread, and on this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586178 . You should notice the differences.

I don't know why but they still have an M Class FV Picture on the Sostice page. You'd think some one with the authority to fix that would notice. If they don't have a picture, I suggest they ring Andreas Depping who has gorgeous pictures of those room.

Picture they have:

FamilySuite_210x118.jpg

actual rooms:

thumb_01FV_family_1326.JPG

normal_01FV_family_1324.JPG

You will normally get an email from Celebrity or your TA that your documents are ready.. My cruises are only a few weeks out and I have received notifications of our docs. I believe nothing is sent our more than a month out... ???

And they fixed the bug by which you could book a 2011 cruise...

Thanks for clarifying, maybe I'm still too far out:)

It looks exactly the same to me. It might be slightly faster.

But I still see problems.

For instance, interior cabins on Constellation still include a window in the description and Category 10 cabins are listed as Category 6 with Category 10 pricing.

When you say "new" has the site completely been re-vamped and I'm not seeing it?

The home page looks the same, but if you have a cruise booked your reservation looks very different!

I had lots of problems on the old website, but so far so good on the new website! I like the new "my reservations" page-everything is there in easy view, all my info is there, lots of links to easily navigate. Well done!

I'm using Safari on a Mac, works fine. Haven't tried it yet on my Ipad, though.

They are listing my next cruise as: January 19, 2012. In reality it is March 10, 2012. They still list three cruises that have been completed as "future cruises". Might take them a bit more time to work it all out, but I applaude their efforts.

I'm happy too. Thank you Celebrity. I love the "days to go" feature you had them add Andy. thank you. I can't get any info though as ours is still 16 months out, so probably tours, Sp. dining etc can't be booked that early. I would like the number of tier points to be exact instead of 10+.

They are listing my next cruise as: January 19, 2012. In reality it is March 10, 2012. They still list three cruises that have been completed as "future cruises". Might take them a bit more time to work it all out, but I applaud their efforts.

I have a similar problem and I believe they are all tied to group cruises offered by our common TA. :confused:

When I hear "launching a new website" I think it will look and function in a different way. So it looks the same, but the functionality is improved, according to the comments here.

Thanks, Betty, for clearing things up.

I'm happy too. Thank you Celebrity. I love the "days to go" feature you had them add Andy. thank you. I can't get any info though as ours is still 16 months out, so probably tours, Sp. dining etc can't be booked that early. I would like the number of tier points to be exact instead of 10+.

Hi Yvr cruiser,

Thanks for your very nice comments. I appreciate it. While I'm thrilled with the "days to go" feature in the My Reservations area, I also suggested for this information to be displayed prominently on Celebrity's homepage. My idea was for you to log in, and on Celebrity's Homepage, it would display :

"Welcome Andy, 38 days until we welcome you onboard Celebrity Eclipse". Hopefully, we will see it in a future update.

You can see your exact Captains Club points. On the top of the home page, look for the Captains Club drop down. Then click on Sailing History, and it will show you your tier level, points, and a complete sailing history. IMO, it's a major improvement from the previous format.

Seems to be an overall improvement. One change that I don't like is that it will no longer hold my username and password like it did before. I use Chrome. Just another combination to remember or look up.

Hi Yvr cruiser,

Thanks for your very nice comments. I appreciate it. While I'm thrilled with the "days to go" feature in the My Reservations area, I also suggested for this information to be displayed prominently on Celebrity's homepage. My idea was for you to log in, and on Celebrity's Homepage, it would display :

"Welcome Andy, 38 days until we welcome you onboard Celebrity Eclipse". Hopefully, we will see it in a future update.

Wouldn't be good for me my name is Bob.. :D

Smooth running up here.

Not sure if it's because I am from the UK but the welcome/front page of the .com website is a mess - words overlapping, search box behind the top banner etc. The my Celebrity section is fine and a big improvement.

You can see your exact Captains Club points. On the top of the home page, look for the Captains Club drop down. Then click on Sailing History, and it will show you your tier level, points, and a complete sailing history. IMO, it's a major improvement from the previous format.

This is nice. Interestingly, my most recent cruise lists my stateroom as "Club Veranda Stateroom" while the one immediately before lists it as "Veranda Stateroom". Both were CC rooms on M class ships, the "Club" on the Solsticized Constellation, the other on Infinity.

I've never heard of Club Veranda Staterooms before.

I also find it fascinating that some people are seeing an improved, faster web site, while others are having major problems. Strange since it's the same web site.

I wish I could actually see it...I have been unable to get past the first page for about 4 days now! It gets stuck...computer freezes and message that celebritycruises script is takeing to long pops up...then still stuck! Have to shut down computer......just did it now!

I like it!!!! It is so improved!! They could put an option for luggage tags on the web with the date they can be ordered. Would calm a lot of folks down. If they can put the # of days till cruise, they should be able to do that.

Kathie

Archived