Prop's on the new website

jsf

I dont think you can order luggage tags until about 42 days before youj sail (unless Celebrity have changed the rules since last July).

Hi Buddymum,

I'm not sure exactly when the window opens, but it's usually like a week or two after final payment. I'm pretty sure you can order them up to 2 weeks before your sailing. I hope this helps.

Not sure if it's because I am from the UK but the welcome/front page of the .com website is a mess - words overlapping, search box behind the top banner etc. The my Celebrity section is fine and a big improvement.

I have similar problems using safari. Dropdowns are overwritten. Firefox seems to fix it.

I had this problem initially, but clicking refresh fixed it perfectly.

Not sure if it's because I am from the UK but the welcome/front page of the .com website is a mess - words overlapping, search box behind the top banner etc. The my Celebrity section is fine and a big improvement.

Hi all,

I have tried to access my reservation on the new Celebrity website using my Netbook as i usually do. But to no avail. The reason being is that i have Firefox And it looks like they have not checked that it will work with this popular brower. Let's hope that they solve the problem. My DH is at present emailing Celebrity from his Netbook which uses IE as the Celebrity website will not even allow me the option to email them to highlight the problem:mad: I am sure I will not be the only person affected.

I have similar problems using safari. Dropdowns are overwritten. Firefox seems to fix it.

I usually blame EVERYTHING on Safari :D , but (amazingly) I'm not having the same issues opening things using it as my browser on the current Celebrity site. (but I had to switch to firefox a couple of days ago).

Jimmythegreek, the "spinning" issue usually means your browser is blocking tracking or analysis. if you don't mind me asking, are you running a bug blocker, such as Ghostery? If so, be sure it is not blocking "omniture." You could also fix it to not block anything on celebrity.com. Hope this helps.

PS: I should add that this is the fix to spinning when using Safari.

Just tried again...the My Celebrity side works well...nice new format. However, if I try to look at any actual new cruises, dates, plan,etc....it all freezes up! This happening to anyone?

Having the same issue using Chrome, ok with I.E. 9 and Firefox. Drilling down into "my Celebrity" pages is a very nice improvement!!

All sounds quite promising. I will ask my husb to check out all our currently booked res. to make sure they are still there with the correct info, prices, all the excursions, dining etc...He's the one who does all that-- I just pick out the cruises!!!!

I looked at the main page--seems about the same as before. I checked my prices..not much is changed on that screen...but if it works better, that'll be a plus...we'll give it a chance--

It was good timing to get all this done before they start loading the new itins....

Just tried again...the My Celebrity side works well...nice new format. However, if I try to look at any actual new cruises, dates, plan,etc....it all freezes up! This happening to anyone?
The My Celebrity section is working well for me too. No complaints there.

But the section where you book new cruises is an entirely different story.

It does not freeze for me, but is still as awkward and cumbersome as before.

Maybe they did not get around to redesigning that part of the website yet.

I just went to look up prices for one cruise. It required switching back and forth between different screens 11 times just to compare the prices of the various stateroom categories for that one cruise!

There is no good reason why they can't display the prices for one cruise on one screen, as other websites do.

Also, they waste a lot of space at the upper part of the pages displaying large pictures, requiring the user to scroll down each time to get to the useful stuff below.

Hi All,

Checking in from Canada... and using Internet Explorer.

I like the new layout... does seem more User Friendly.

Logged into MY CELEBRITY and did an update on our Personal Info... Profile, Travelling Companions, Emergency Contacts, Celebrity Publications etc. That went well.

--- --- ---

Only found one "glitch" so far... when updating our Captains Club info, discovered that at least in these address fields that the Zip Code / Postal Code one isn't working properly (others on the website were fine)

Got an Error Message - Says USE NUMBERS ONLY

Lol, well of course us Canadians use a combo of Letters & Numbers, so this field needs a tweak.

Cheers!

PS... Question... Does Mr Sloop need to set up his own MY CELEBRITY Account, to show he is a Captain's Club Member as well... OR is the fact that we have our personal info / reservations linked as Travelling Companions enough? (Bearing in mind that we are Canadians, so therefore don't necessarily have the same last name as a couple) Any insight appreciated.

Doesn't help me! When I go to My Celebrity the pop up shows under My Reservations " you have no reservations" ?? I have two booked!

When I try the ADD feature it tells me "cannot Add booking Association due to Internal Restrictions" . There is something radically wrong with this page of the new site.... If I go to On Line check-in I can find my reservation for April BUT nowhere does it give me any information about ordering luggage tags. This may be because it is too early?

I still want to know why it tells me anywhere on this new site that I have NO reservations booked when I have the booking numbers to prove it.

Also when I tried to go to the Instant Chat feature they show now - I get the message. "Not available" - guess they don't have service reps lined up yet for this new feature?

I have the same problem, when I talked to the to the tech guy he confirmed there was a problem with the site. Well guess what there still is. He did tell me how I could check by going to on line check-in. I was hoping this would be corrected.:(

Kudos to X for finally stepping up to address their website problems. Using Safari on my iPad, I've found my reservation page to be more intuitively arranged and made easier to navigate. Speed has definitely been increased. It provides for a better customer experience and reflects a more professional image for X. Thank you!

My reservations page is all messed up. They have cruise I completed in Jan listed and says I'm sailing in 45 days. On both my husband's and my sign in they both vring me to husband's page. My info is no longer there. I think x deleted me:mad:.

Speed means nothing when the info is totally inaccurate.

Hi Buddymum,

I'm not sure exactly when the window opens, but it's usually like a week or two after final payment. I'm pretty sure you can order them up to 2 weeks before your sailing. I hope this helps.

There is no fixed date - or, rather, if you have flights booked throigh Celebrity, your eDocs [and, therefore, your luggage tags] are not available until the flight "tickets" are available from the airline. [i know that there are no physical air tickets anymore but there must be something the airline has to do before everything is available. I know this because when I have queried why our eDocs are not available when those for others on our Roll Call have been available for some time, the UK office has checked the problem and expalined what everything is being held for.]

Sue

PS I love the new My Celebrity even if some of the information I had already entered has been lost in the process. It is a small price to pay!

Having the same issue using Chrome, ok with I.E. 9 and Firefox. Drilling down into "my Celebrity" pages is a very nice improvement!!

Same here - fine with Firefox but a mess with Chrome, which I usually use.

Same here - fine with Firefox but a mess with Chrome, which I usually use.

I use Chrome and not having any problems. Fast and reliable. There are still a few minor bugs that I'm sure will eventually get ironed out.

For me the new site is no improvement IMHO. When I try to access "My reservations" it only shows the one I have booked for next October. My April 25th cruise does not appear and when I try to ADD it (as they advise) it tells me that I cannot access this due to internal problems of some kind. ? What's that all about I wonder?

I have done complete check-in and have my Boarding pass - all I am trying to do now is access it to look at Shore excursions and possibly book some. It will let me get the check in details when I go to "Check-in" but everything is complete and I can go no further. How will I be able to order my Luggage tags when they are available I wonder?

Has anyone tried to Email X on this new format? I tried - filled everything out stating my problem but at the end where is says Cancel/Send I cannot highlight "Send" to get it on its way! Another "glitch". Guess I will now try the telephone. Live chat is not operating yet either. They have quite a bit of "ironing out" to do. I have no problem with speed, but that doesn't help when information is not available.

Wanted to say thank you to our wonderful CruiseCritic community for your compliments and constructive feedback on our new site updates we launched yesterday.

It sounds like we have made the experience better for many of you, and have also collected all of your feedback of things we can continue to improve with the site.

And thanks to Andy for your help as well!

There is still a glitch with certain reservations that won't clear:

Upcoming Reservation:

14 Night Exotic Southern Caribbean

Sailing on:

28-Jan-2012

I also tried to go to "manage my reservations" concerning a canceled cruise and I wound up in a loop that would not clear.
Exotic Southern Caribbean

Celebrity Constellation

E-Booking Status is Cancelled or Waitlisted.

Reservation Number: *********

Departure Date: Feb 11, 2012

Total Charge: N/A

Restore Booking

Cancelled (Oct. 25, 2011)

It would also be nice to specify Pricing in US$ even though I live in Canada but use a US agency.

Like the new website:) Having said that, I didn't experience any problems on the previous version.

I've checked our Reservations page and it has our 2 forthcoming cruises accurately listed.

If Celebrity are still monitoring this thread, just one query - on the old Manage Your Reservation Screen it showed the dining time chosen (8.30) and that we had requested a table for two. On the new site, there is no mention of a table for two requested; it has the dining time chosen and then says 1 special occasion on both cruises. We don't have any special occasions on either. Is this a reference to the table for two request?

Although the new site is a vast improvement on the old one, it is still deadfully slow - at least on my computer in the UK.

maybe that's because all those electrons have to come Alllll the way across the Atlantic (and you have Ireland sitting there in the way!), dodging all those ships and working its way through all that saltwater, gets to the US Border and has to go through 'email customs' to make sure it isn't coming from some terrorist or is asking someone to help them transfer $Millions from a bank account, then has to cross a few State borders and gets taxed for interstate commerce, then......Oh forget it, it isn't that funny.

Den

Archived