My favorite little brown box missing

Received our cruise docs today for our upcoming Med cruise on Legend. No matter how many times we cruise the day the docs arrive is always exciting, but this time they came in a plain brown mailing envelope with no special brown box with the Seabourn seal on the wrapping. Call me silly but there was something about opening that box and finding our luggage tags that set Seabourn apart from mainline cruise companies. Hopefully they traded the boxes for better wines, now that I can live with.

No more whining from me I promise, just a glass of wine to celebrate the arrival of our doc's.

imgres-2.jpg.2193a545b54064e48e812326ec7c5f1b.jpg

Received our cruise docs today for our upcoming Med cruise on Legend. No matter how many times we cruise the day the docs arrive is always exciting' date=' but this time they came in a plain brown mailing envelope with no special brown box with the Seabourn seal on the wrapping. Call me silly but there was something about opening that box and finding our luggage tags that set Seabourn apart from mainline cruise companies. Hopefully they traded the boxes for better wines, now that I can live with.

No more whining from me I promise, just a glass of wine to celebrate the arrival of our doc's.[/quote']

Received my cruise docs the other day via FEDEX envelope and inside was a "soft" box/envelope embossed with the Seabourn seal which encased the pleather document holder. Certainly not as special as receiving the brown box:(

While I can understand your disappointment in not receiving the box, when our package arrived last week we had no idea what it was. The envelope came via US mail from our TA.

"Hmmmm" thought me.... "Wonder what this is?" :confused: Opened it with DH looking on, and we were pleasantly surprised! Lovely leather folder AND luggage tags! What?! (We are accustomed to printing our own luggage tags!) :eek:

While I can understand your disappointment in not receiving the box, when our package arrived last week we had no idea what it was. The envelope came via US mail from our TA.

"Hmmmm" thought me.... "Wonder what this is?" :confused: Opened it with DH looking on, and we were pleasantly surprised! Lovely leather folder AND luggage tags! What?! (We are accustomed to printing our own luggage tags!) :eek:

Mine also came via US mail from our TA in a plain brown envelope with a small return label on the back of the envelope. Of course as long as it arrived before our cruise that's really all that matters. Guess in the past we had been a little bit spoiled by the presentation.

One other thing that we had received in the past but not this time was a booklet that had our names and information included called "Exclusive Travel Planner" among other things it included the list of the shore excursions etc. I believe this booklet was mailed to us soon after we made our final payment. I was looking through last years and noticed that we made lots of notes in it during our planning stage. Hope SB realizes that planing is half the fun of cruising and doesn't due away with some of these helpful tools.

Recently in the UK had our ticketing; also with no brown box. I admit I just thought the TA thought it easier to post tickets without it - have to say I don't mind a bit not getting the box, particularly if the cost of them goes on the included wines. Just a word of warning to all - don't describe the 'leather' as such; apparently it is imitation and there are just a few on CC who object to the description; calling it 'pleather' instead.

We too got our tickets from SB in a soft cardboard box, however, our wonderful TA had placed this inside their beautiful box, with each item all wrapped up in tissue paper with those little foil seals along with other goodies from the TA. She even phoned me to check when I would be at home to receive the package as it was sent special delivery. Oh the excitement on opening! :D

I keep all my boxes and use them for storing the souvenirs of our trips and other special momentoes.

And don't ask me how many Jo Malone boxes I have!!!! LOL! :D

Mine also came via US mail from our TA in a plain brown envelope with a small return label on the back of the envelope. Of course as long as it arrived before our cruise that's really all that matters. Guess in the past we had been a little bit spoiled by the presentation.

One other thing that we had received in the past but not this time was a booklet that had our names and information included called "Exclusive Travel Planner" among other things it included the list of the shore excursions etc. I believe this booklet was mailed to us soon after we made our final payment. I was looking through last years and noticed that we made lots of notes in it during our planning stage. Hope SB realizes that planing is half the fun of cruising and doesn't due away with some of these helpful tools.

We got our travel planner after final payment. Check with you TA.

We got our travel planner after final payment. Check with you TA.

Margaret check with TA this morning and she called SB and they are sending it out directly to me. Not sure what happened but TA said that she hadn't received it from SB and it fell through the cracks. Tick tock almost time to pack:D

file_4309_0_530x184.jpg.cc2ef64cc4f2e84278f27f1582fc1d41.jpg

It has been a long time since our tickets have arrived in the Seabourn

Box, yes I found it very useful, I will just have to move to Scotland and join

Fairbourne who seems to have a gem of a TA.

Yes you are right Farbourne does seem to have TA that understand the importance of presentation. Many, many years ago in a land faraway I sold children's clothes on Ebay. When ever I sent out an item to the buyer I would always wrap it in pretty tissue paper, not sure if it made a difference to the buyer but it made me feel good!

We must have been lucky as last year the famous brown box came a calling to our house for our caribbean cruise on the Legend.

Shirley

Received our April Odyssey tickets in cheapest package ever, but I suppose the new slimmer envelope did go through the mail flap without me having to be in to receive it. Examined the 4 luggage tags, and the embossed Seabourn logo was dramatically crooked on one, sinking from top left down to bottom right; we won't use that one on principle!

I'm sure your buyers must have loved getting your packages - what a lovely way to send things. Our lovely TA (she's based in England) also sent us a bottle of welcome home champers! Now that was a surprise and guess who we'll be booking our next cruise with! ;):D

Shirley - have a lovely cruise and let us know how you enjoyed it. Have a nigerian shrimp or two for me as well! LOL!

I'm sure your buyers must have loved getting your packages - what a lovely way to send things. Our lovely TA (she's based in England) also sent us a bottle of welcome home champers! Now that was a surprise and guess who we'll be booking our next cruise with! ;):D

Shirley - have a lovely cruise and let us know how you enjoyed it. Have a nigerian shrimp or two for me as well! LOL!

Oh, what a sweet message. I love so many of the people that I have met here on cc.

Shirley:)

I am not too dismayed at the loss of the "brown Box",however I am starting to worry that this may be a start to a round of cost cutting by Seabourn.Parent company(Carnival) woes linked to the Costa disaster have been well documented and I am sure the management of HAL/Seabourn will be under pressure to deliver results that compensate.

Am I right to be concerned?

I am not too dismayed at the loss of the "brown Box",however I am starting to worry that this may be a start to a round of cost cutting by Seabourn.Parent company(Carnival) woes linked to the Costa disaster have been well documented and I am sure the management of HAL/Seabourn will be under pressure to deliver results that compensate.

Am I right to be concerned?

Micky Arison expects EVERY division to deliver results ALL the time !

Most of the direct costs for the Costa problems should be covered by the ship's P&I Club (insurance) but the loss of business for the Costa brand is likely to be substantial. It would not surprise me to see a few of the Costa ships moved into one or more of the other fleets or a new name appear.

That said however I doubt it will have any direct effect on Seabourn but the cost cutting will probably continue until the general economy allows fares to increase to sustainable levels.

CJ

Received our April Odyssey tickets in cheapest package ever, but I suppose the new slimmer envelope did go through the mail flap without me having to be in to receive it. Examined the 4 luggage tags, and the embossed Seabourn logo was dramatically crooked on one, sinking from top left down to bottom right; we won't use that one on principle!

I'm not familiar with the supply in the UK but the document wallet and tags we received are still "the Yachts of Seabourn." So perhaps not subject to recent cost cutting, but still pleather.

Seeing the documents now come out of Seattle, I wonder if they are gradually 'transitioning' to e-docs the way HAL now handles it. We no longer get the blue document holders and paper docs like we used to. That was discontinued years ago.

Micky Arison expects EVERY division to deliver results ALL the time !

Most of the direct costs for the Costa problems should be covered by the ship's P&I Club (insurance) but the loss of business for the Costa brand is likely to be substantial. It would not surprise me to see a few of the Costa ships moved into one or more of the other fleets or a new name appear.

That said however I doubt it will have any direct effect on Seabourn but the cost cutting will probably continue until the general economy allows fares to increase to sustainable levels.

CJ

Does anyone actually think that Seabourn will actually BRING BACK items that were cut due to the economic situation when the economy rebounds? I highly doubt it.

Host Dan

PS I wouldn't have made this comment prior to the HAL partnership.

What business is going to restore things they cut back on due to poor economy? When there is a good recovery, the prices will rise but the product will not return to previous levels in most cases.

IMO

No.... I do not think Seabourn will recapture amenities they have discontinued nor will HAL or any of the others.

• 4 weeks later...

yesterday in a soft suede-like cloth bag with the Seabourn logo. For me, this is a good replacement for the box since I have lots of them. The bag is drawstring and I will find many uses for it.

Winnie

yesterday in a soft suede-like cloth bag with the Seabourn logo. For me, this is a good replacement for the box since I have lots of them. The bag is drawstring and I will find many uses for it.

Winnie

How different in the UK. Our documents arrived packaged in a cheap battered cardboard envelope. Entirely underwhelming.

However the document wallet inside was traditional pleather with the usual odd " petrochemical " aroma. Plus ca change.

Sorry.....not just happening to the UK customers. Our ticket and luggage tags also arrived just a couple of weeks ago in a flimsy brown cardboard envelope. The ticket booklet is pleather that reeks of chemicals. Will put it inside a plastic zip-lock bag before it goes into my lovely carry-on. Very disappointing.

Archived