NEW Print Your Own Luggage Tags

Guests can now print their own luggage tags before they set sail! Electronic guest documents now include a luggage tag with guests' specific sailing information. They can print as many as they like and attach one to each piece of luggage.

1. PRINT YOUR OWN TAGS

Printable tags are part of your electronic guest documents, which you’ll find online

at RoyalCaribbean.com/edocs.

• Click the “Cruise Documentation” tab, where you’ll see “Guest Vacation Documents.”

• Your documents include a luggage tag that has your specific sailing information.

• Print as many tags as you like (color printing recommended).

• Write your name on each tag then attach to bag, following the instructions.

• We also suggest you attach a second form of personal ID, like a name tag, to each bag.

• Luggage tags are available to print right up until you set sail.

2. ORDER YOUR TAGS VIA MAIL

If you do not wish to print your own luggage tags, you can always order them at RoyalCaribbean.com/edocs.

Royal Caribbean will print and mail them to you.

• Click the “Cruise Documentation” tab, where you’ll see “Luggage Tags.” Click “Request.”

• Follow the instructions to order your tags.

• You must order tags at least 11 days before your sail date.

Guests can now print their own luggage tags before they set sail! Electronic guest documents now include a luggage tag with guests' specific sailing information. They can print as many as they like and attach one to each piece of luggage.

1. PRINT YOUR OWN TAGS

Printable tags are part of your electronic guest documents, which you’ll find online

at RoyalCaribbean.com/edocs.

• Click the “Cruise Documentation” tab, where you’ll see “Guest Vacation Documents.”

• Your documents include a luggage tag that has your specific sailing information.

• Print as many tags as you like (color printing recommended).

• Write your name on each tag then attach to bag, following the instructions.

• We also suggest you attach a second form of personal ID, like a name tag, to each bag.

• Luggage tags are available to print right up until you set sail.

2. ORDER YOUR TAGS VIA MAIL

If you do not wish to print your own luggage tags, you can always order them at RoyalCaribbean.com/edocs.

Royal Caribbean will print and mail them to you.

• Click the “Cruise Documentation” tab, where you’ll see “Luggage Tags.” Click “Request.”

• Follow the instructions to order your tags.

• You must order tags at least 11 days before your sail date.

This is only for Independence of the Seas and is in test mode at the time. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32706292&postcount=149

This is only for Independence of the Seas and is in test mode at the time. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32706292&postcount=149

I just got my cruise documents issued a couple days ago and it does include a nice page of a sample colored luggage tag for print that I dont remember being there the last time.

They look like this.........I dont recall seeing this last year in the cruise documents but I may have overlooked it? This is a downsized pic. The original is much bigger.

luggagetags.jpg

I just got my cruise documents issued a couple days ago and it does include a nice page of a sample colored luggage tag for print that I dont remember being there the last time.

They look like this.........I dont recall seeing this last year in the cruise documents but I may have overlooked it? This is a downsized pic. The original is much bigger.

WOW,seeing this certainly contradicts what is said in the link I provided.:(

WOW,seeing this certainly contradicts what is said in the link I provided.:(

and very well may be the start to them eliminating luggage tags being mailed out. :o there may be some truth to that thread afterall.

This seems to be exactly the procedure Carnival follows for your luggage tags with them. The tag even folds the same way. Think it's a good idea, save a lot of $$.

They were quite durable folded 3 times like that. Never came off our bags. I stapled them on.

This seems to be exactly the procedure Carnival follows for your luggage tags with them. The tag even folds the same way. Think it's a good idea, save a lot of $$.

They were quite durable folded 3 times like that. Never came off our bags. I stapled them on.

I remember that from Carnival! And clear 3M packing/shipping tape make them waterproof and virtually indestructable! The duffle bag i took on board my Carnival cruise still has those tags on there from 2008! LOL :eek:

But wait, there is a thread about this already :o

I remember that from Carnival! And clear 3M packing/shipping tape make them waterproof and virtually indestructable! The duffle bag i took on board my Carnival cruise still has those tags on there from 2008! LOL :eek:

But wait, there is a thread about this already :o

I use 3M clear tape for everything.:p

How long before I can get my luggage tags? I sail 5/27 and when I go to my docs page this is all I see...

How would you like to receive your Guest Vacation Documents? LEARN MORE

• Electronically<LI class=noFloat>By Mail (additional fee will apply)
  • *E-mail Address:

Notification will be sent to the e-mail shown here. If you enter another e-mail address, it wil also change the e-mail address associated with your reservation

Thanks,

How long before I can get my luggage tags? I sail 5/27 and when I go to my docs page this is all I see...

How would you like to receive your Guest Vacation Documents? LEARN MORE

• Electronically<LI class=noFloat>By Mail (additional fee will apply)
  • *E-mail Address:

Notification will be sent to the e-mail shown here. If you enter another e-mail address, it wil also change the e-mail address associated with your reservation

Thanks,

Be looking for your documents to be issued around 45 - 50 days before sailaway..........49 days before embarkation seems to be the day for most. It was for me :)

Sorry but I think this is just another cheap downgrade....I love the pre-printed airline type luggage tags RCI has always offered and hated that on my recent PCL cruise we had to DIY....Would be nice if RCI does make the change to at least offer the upper level C&A to still get the pre-printed ones...adding this as one of the perks...

Our docs show the luggage tag too - but what I think is a really great idea is having the Next Cruise/Decide Later form there as well, already partially filled out. I seem to be always hunting for these forms at the LA desk on board as not all of them leave them out.

The suggestiong that I print them in color means I have to take them to the UPS store and have them do them -- extra $$ on my part.

Sherri,

I am fine with black and white tags. If I have to pay the cost of printing the blasted things then I should want a plain tag. JMHO

I wonder what people do on cruises that they get off one ship on to another and don't have access to a computer. Guess they wait in line until a porter can tag the bags since there aren't colored printers on the ship in the computer areas.

Sherri,

I am fine with black and white tags. If I have to pay the cost of printing the blasted things then I should want a plain tag. JMHO

I wonder what people do on cruises that they get off one ship on to another and don't have access to a computer. Guess they wait in line until a porter can tag the bags since there aren't colored printers on the ship in the computer areas.

So you think the black and white will be OK.

Guess folks going from one ship to another will have to get tags from the porter -- not a real big deal as we have done it on Freedom when we got upgraded.

Black and white tags do just fine. I usually create and print my own tags well in advance of the cruise so that I have everything ready in my own time and not waiting on the cruiselines or porters.

I keep a powerpoint file of all the cruiselines we use and just change up the ship, deck, date and cabin number. Apply the 3m tape and they are nearly indestructable.

We are on Indy and this trial run for printing your own luggage tags has turned into a right mess , reading through the roll calls it has become obvious that although Royal has instructed us to print off our own or get our TA to print them for us , they have forgotten to put this option in our e docs , people have had to phone royal to question as to why there is no luggage tag option in their docs , royal then have to go into the booking and do it manually ,so although it's no problem for us to print our own off , they have not set the means to do this in place .you would think this would have automatically gone onto everyone's booking but apparently not .I don't have a printer so asked my TA to print off my tags , she spent forever on the phone to royal telling them that there was absolutely no option to do this on the booking , they said they would add it , several days later it still wasn't there so another phone call and they said they would send them out to my home address instead ,if they are going to trial this then they need to get their act together or it will just cause them a big headache .

Um, could they not just print then at home ahead of time, like they apparently would do with the tags for the first cruise? :confused:

(or yes, just get them from a porter)

The suggestiong that I print them in color means I have to take them to the UPS store and have them do them -- extra $$ on my part.

The instructions say "preferably in color." It's not mandatory. I've always printed my luggage tags for Princess and Carnival cruises with a b&w printer and it's been just fine. What I like to do, is attach 2 tags (one to the top handle and one to the side handle) just in case one gets detached. But I do that with the tags the cruise line sends too.

Archived