Help Deciding On A Cruise

GAMOM4

We are trying to book a cruise in May .... we have it narrowed down to two...the Legend out of Tampa or the Dream out of Port Canaveral...reviews are alot better on the Legend...but the Dream has 3 sea days and we LOVE sea days! We have never been to any of the ports that either ship goes to other than Cozumel. Both cruises are for the same week and cost the exact same amount of money. Thought I would ask the opinions of people on this board since I'm sure people have been on both. Thanks :)

We did our first cruise out of tampa and it was nice since only one ship can be there at a time. My vote is Legend, they do have the cabins that are considered inside but have french doors obstructed views, I haven't tried it but we would like to.:)

I had the same problem as you. I wanted the new ship and the ports with the Dream. But could get the Legend extended balcony for a bit cheaper than a cove balcony on Dream. We sailed on the Legend in Oct but we were detoured due to a hurricane so the excursions we wanted to do, we weren't able. My son really wants to swim with Stingrays, so we opted with the Legend. Dream and it's Eastern itinerary will be added to our "bucket list"

Also, going under the Sky Bridge is an awesome experience and the Tampa area is very nice. Channelside and Ybor City are great places to visit.

Good luck with what you decide and happy sailing!!

We live within driving distance to both ports...and actually my husband said that the distance is almost the same for Tampa and Port Canaveral from our home. We have sailed out of Tampa one time before on a 4 day cruise on the Inspiration but it was raining so hard when we left that we didn't get to experience much of the going under the bridge. I priced a deluxe oceanview room on both ships.

Does anyone know how I can change my signature line...I just noticed that I have one of the years that I cruised wrong.

We live within driving distance to both ports...and actually my husband said that the distance is almost the same for Tampa and Port Canaveral from our home. We have sailed out of Tampa one time before on a 4 day cruise on the Inspiration but it was raining so hard when we left that we didn't get to experience much of the going under the bridge. I priced a deluxe oceanview room on both ships.

Does anyone know how I can change my signature line...I just noticed that I have one of the years that I cruised wrong.

Go to USER CP ... on the upper left screen. From there you can get into your Signature Page!

We have sailed on both the Dream and Legend.

Are you sailing with your family? If there are kids, I would pick the Dream. Great kids areas and better options.

If it is just two of you and you are looking for smaller ship, I would pick the Legend.

Catrin

We sailed the Legend last year, are sailing the Dream this year. I would say if you are going for the ship-Dream has more to offer by way of amenities (spa, more hot tubs, better water slide, seaside theatre, pasta bar, etc.) However, it is a bigger ship- meaning more people onboard. We enjoyed the Legend, never felt crowded by the pool. So if you want the smaller ship with less people- go for the Legend. Her iten is fabulous. Loved Roatan, Belize & Gr Cay. Our Dream cruise is the W Carribean, we loved the Legend iten so much, we chose to do a very similar iten this time. I haven't been to E Carribean for awhile, but liked it too. Hope this helps, have a great cruise.

Here is how I responded when somebody asked me that same question...

That is a very tricky question! I honestly cannot choose a favorite between those two. As far as layout and size, we love Legend. As far as entertainment, Dream wins hands-down. Food was better prepared on Legend (probably because of the smaller number of people to be served at a time).

We sailed both ships within 3 months of each other and could not make a cealr cut recommendation. You can read my reviews in my signature below and see many pictures... Hope it will help you make an informed decision. Either way, they are both great ships!:)

By the way, Dream is usually quite a bit more expensive than Legend. This may be a good time to take that deal and save Legend for later... Always a good excuse to plan yet another cruise ;)

We have been on the Dream twice and the Legend four times. We will be on the Legend again in October. (with a Valor cruise in between.)

We actually prefer the Legend. It seems to us to be a "friendlier" ship. But we are both older and have no children traveling with us. If we had young children, we probably would choose the Dream just to keep the kiddies occupied.

We are trying to book a cruise in May .... we have it narrowed down to two...the Legend out of Tampa or the Dream out of Port Canaveral...reviews are alot better on the Legend...but the Dream has 3 sea days and we LOVE sea days! We have never been to any of the ports that either ship goes to other than Cozumel. Both cruises are for the same week and cost the exact same amount of money. Thought I would ask the opinions of people on this board since I'm sure people have been on both. Thanks :)

All things being equal, I suppose the scale tips in favor of The Dream because of the sea days. Been on both, really like The Legend, but especially like the cove balcony on The Dream. Probably won't be disappointed either way. :)

Archived