Ultimate Balcony Dinner, Honolulu

Bustaty

I am contemplating trying this when we cruise to Hawaii.

We are Starboard aft, on Caribe Deck. Can anyone tell me what our view from balcony would be from this vantage. Also, if we were Port side, what the view would be from that side of things.

Thanks.

It is a city view. Most likely you will be overlooking the terminal, shopping center, and the Aloha Tower. Regardless, you will be in a tropical paradise and it is the setting and the one you are with, not the view, that counts.

Yes, starboard will have a view past the Aloha Tower & of Waikiki in the distance; port would look over the harbor with a view of the sunset. We had the sunset view but after it set there was nothing else to see. If we ever do the UBD again in Honolulu, I think we would choose the starbord side like you to have the views of Waikiki throughout dinner.

You're in port late in Honolulu, why don't you take advantage of dinner on the beach at say House Without A Key (did you mean the Halekulani?) and do the UBD another night?

Good suggestion. There are so many wonderful places to eat in Waikiki. There are a couple of rotating restaurants on the top of buildings. And so many ethnic places to eat. Want some history? Dine at the Royal Hawaiian or Moana Hotel. Find a buffet that will offer you a taste of the islands.

Renee (displaced local girl)

Archived