Laptop/Tablets: Do people take them on cruises/cruise tours

DRPWDunIL

All comes down to what you'll be doing with it and how much you feel the weight and accessories are a burden versus not having your electronic gizmos.

For me and my family it is a necessity thus not viewed as a burden. Sometimes we even have more than one laptop on vacation.... It is a bit work at the TSA screening and having that heavy backpack, but well worth it when we break out the convenience of having them. If weight and size are an issue take a look at the new ultrabooks, pretty amazing and the next generation coming out will be even more amazing :D

I'm thinking about taking my laptop and, possibly, also my tablet on our Alaskan cruisetour. Has anyone done this? Is it too much hassle to schlep it around (I figure I only need to actually carry them when we are traveling, not while on excursions or on the ship)? I've seen some backpacks that would work perfectly as a day bag.

3127096_250LaptopITcenter.jpg.d33d6fd24b6a344d224598ae8cdfb442.jpg

I take my ipad when cruising and use it for entertainment on airplane, reading (have ebook apps downloaded on it), GPS in embarkation port if required (normally do a day or two precruise), downloading pixs, and if time editing/manipulating them, making notes for travel website etc.

Two words: MacBook Air

I am so excited - we are buying a MacBook Air for our department at work and I strongly encouraged my boss to buy it before my next vacation so I don't have to haul my 13" MBP or my iPad with me. iPad isn't good enough and I am tired of hauling my 13" around. I brought both with me on my last trip.

Do you have an 11" or 13"? I only have experience with the 13" but ordered an 11" for a user and it should be in tomorrow. Not sure which I would prefer to travel with.

We took our laptop on the last cruise. This time we are taking his and hers tablets. Pre and post cruise books & movies and download pictures in the evenings. My DH is an electronic junkie :) so he does leave home without his tablet or laptop.

I'm thinking about taking my laptop and, possibly, also my tablet on our Alaskan cruisetour. Has anyone done this? Is it too much hassle to schlep it around (I figure I only need to actually carry them when we are traveling, not while on excursions or on the ship)? I've seen some backpacks that would work perfectly as a day bag.

Yes, I took my netbook on an AK cruise tour. There are complimentary wireless access points in the hotel lobbies on the land portion. On the cruise I am platinum, so '"free minutes" in the cabin.

Archived