Greetings from the Sapphire Princess!

Working 2 Cruise

Hello all! The Sapphire is absolutely stunning! The crew is wonderful, and so is the food! Will be looking like a blimp upon my return! How unfortunate!

The new areas are absolutely beautiful. For those who asked, there are very few smokers on the Promenade, so smoke should not be an issue at all... Most of it would be blocked by the lifeboats anyway... Even the Emerald deck mini-suites.

Tonight is French Mediterranean, which means escargots... Yum.

Comedian tonight is Carlos Oscar... Have not seen any of the other shows yet...:o

Thanks for posting...please keep it up.

love escargo! you have me drooling! (is it on the menu or did you have to special order it? --on my Sapphire cruise in September it was not on the menu but you could order it - not even in advance...that night) YUM

Hello all! The Sapphire is absolutely stunning! The crew is wonderful, and so is the food! Will be looking like a blimp upon my return! How unfortunate!

The new areas are absolutely beautiful. For those who asked, there are very few smokers on the Promenade, so smoke should not be an issue at all... Most of it would be blocked by the lifeboats anyway... Even the Emerald deck mini-suites.

That's great news. We were on the Sapphire right before she went to dry dock. Before we had even left the ship that had already pulled most of the telephones and the Photo Shop was all packed away.

Are you still on our 11/3/12 Grand Princess Transatlantic cruise?

Enjoy your cruise. We will be on the Sapphire on March 24th. It was originally posted that David Cole would be our CD but an email from Princess indicates it won't be. If you happen to talk to him, could you ask him if he is going to be on the Sapphire until the end of March. They are supposed to start the anytime entertainment on our cruise. Can''t wait to get on the new and improved Sapphire. Can taste the warm cookies from the IC already.

Thanks

Have a great cruise Nina & with free internet the next time you'll have more minutes to share your experiences with us.

Sorry to hear that your phone was broken in a gazillion pieces at the pier...bummer! :(:(:(

Hope you'll be able to join us on the Royal...that is if we get a cabin booked. :p

I have very limited (expensive) internet minutes, so here is more information...

We saw Dan Bennett yesterday, a comedian and a juggler. He was very good!

This morning, I was up on Lido deck watching Tintin on MUTS and enjoying my first day of sunshine... Got some sunburns in very interesting places...:eek:

Just watched Moneyball on MUTS and getting ready for Carlos Oscar. The food is really really good, even at the buffet!

I will try to catch up in a couple of days...

Thank you for your updates..we are getting on when you get off unless you are doing a back to back. Glad to hear you are having sunshine..have a wonderful cruise and bring the Sapphire back safe and sound.

Enjoy your cruise. We will be on the Sapphire on March 24th. It was originally posted that David Cole would be our CD but an email from Princess indicates it won't be. If you happen to talk to him, could you ask him if he is going to be on the Sapphire until the end of March. They are supposed to start the anytime entertainment on our cruise. Can''t wait to get on the new and improved Sapphire. Can taste the warm cookies from the IC already.

Thanks

What is the "Anytime Entertainment"?

Have a great cruise Nina & with free internet the next time you'll have more minutes to share your experiences with us.

Sorry to hear that your phone was broken in a gazillion pieces at the pier...bummer! :(:(:(

Hope you'll be able to join us on the Royal...that is if we get a cabin booked. :p

Hi Astroflyer,

Enjoyed sailing on the beautiful Sapphire with you. We really loved the ship and especially the great crew. Just booked the Royal. Here's my email. Drop me a line. Would be good to hear from you. frankmaguire53@yahoo.com

We saw Dan Bennett yesterday, a comedian and a juggler. He was very good!

Dan Bennett has been on 2 of our cruises. I'm normally not a big fan of jugglers, but I really enjoy his act. He makes such bizarre, off the wall comments that you really have to think twice about. And I like how he uses his name when he flubs up!

I believe that the show in the Princess theater is repeated 3 times a night instead of two. It has been said that the length of the shows have be reduced also. We'll be anxious to see how this goes if it is done on the Sapphire the 24th.

Did you do the staggered boarding? How well did this work?

On our cruise they were loading pasengers utilizing two boarding points, one mid-ship the other more aft.

Seemed to work quite well, especially for us since we were booked in an aft-facing suite.

Chloedmom, you will love the "new" Sapphire. I sure did!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but due to technical difficulties...

It is a great cruise! David Cole is great, as advertised! Movies are great, the Artist, Descendants, a Week with Marilyn, Happy Feet 2, and more.

Saw Carl Banks, he is very funny. In Hilo, we did Ricky's Tours, and as always, he was great. In Maui, we did a whale watching tour, and it was fantastic! We followed a group of whales, three males and one female, and, of course, the males were fighting over the female! Terrific show!

I am going to sign off now so that I do not lose anything else. I tried getting on several times, but to no avail.

I will do a full review when I return to earth... :mad:

Hello - Dave Cole here. I will be on the March 24th sailing, have been extended through March 31st, then vacation. And to clarify to those chatting, "Anytime Entertainment" will NOT be implemented on Sapphire that sailing.

Archived