Suite Guests....Oasis..... Heads Up...Royal in the wrong direction

There is a new change to policy that I just don't understand.....suite/gold card holders used to have access to all shows on Oasis other than the comedy show (which I can understand since it's such a small venue) without advanced reservations....just show your gold card and enter....which is the way it should be. Now I was just told this past week on Oasis that policy is no longer in effect and that all suite/gold card holders have to have reservations like all other guests to be allowed access. This just makes no sense to me and is a step backwards in a very wrong direction. In the beginning when suite guests did need reservations (like they again do now) there were so many complaints about needing reservations for shows that they made the policy change in the first place and gave them free access....now they reversed it and went backwards:confused: IMO suite guests paying the money they are paying and now needing advanced reservation for shows on Oasis is terrible....so a heads up to suite guests.....don't plan on just walking into any show you like....you need reservations now:rolleyes:

I am sorry but paying in excess of $15000 for an AquaSuite or most any other suite for that fact for a family and having to stand in a stand-by line if they don't have a reservation just doesn't make any sense and is wrong...who ever reversed this policy needs to sit down and rethink it. So if you are thinking about spending LOTS of money reserving a suite and expecting some perks for it....well a BIG one has just again been lost.

I have to agree with you totally Steve. Suites are big bucks and should come with extra perks as always. This is certainly not going to attract travelers to their suites. What is RC thinking?

I don't hear the sea calling.....:rolleyes:

Don't know what the big deal is to simply make reservations or have the concierge do it for you.

This policy certainly won't keep you from the cruise line I don't think

Because as a suite guest you should be able to not to have to plan ahead...there are many times for what ever reason last minute you decide to want to go to a show...or let's say an AquaTheater show gets rescheduled...which commonly happens and the new time it was changed to doesn't work. The concierges don't have open access to get suite guests reservations to any show....they just make the reservation for you like you would yourself...if the show is sold out they can't just wave a wand and change that.

My husband and I were in a GS on Oasis last year. I made reservations for all the shows on-line since I wanted to make sure I got the times that I wanted. I didn't think that it was such a burden since there are many other benefits that a suite guest enjoys. Although since there are over 75 suites on Oasis, you do not get the specialized attention as if you were traveling on a Freedom class ship.

I also made the reservations for shows on-line before we went on the Liberty over New Years. We were in a GS.

I am sorry that you were disappointed. I hope that you still enjoyed your cruise.

There is a new change to policy that I just don't understand.....suite/gold card holders used to have access to all shows on Oasis other than the comedy show (which I can understand since it's such a small venue) without advanced reservations....just show your gold card and enter....which is the way it should be. Now I was just told this past week on Oasis that policy is no longer in effect and that all suite/gold card holders have to have reservations like all other guests to be allowed access. This just makes no sense to me and is a step backwards in a very wrong direction. In the beginning when suite guests did need reservations (like they again do now) there were so many complaints about needing reservations for shows that they made the policy change in the first place and gave them free access....now they reversed it and went backwards:confused: IMO suite guests paying the money they are paying and now needing advanced reservation for shows on Oasis is terrible....so a heads up to suite guests.....don't plan on just walking into any show you like....you need reservations now:rolleyes:

I am sorry but paying in excess of $15000 for an AquaSuite or most any other suite for that fact for a family and having to stand in a stand-by line if they don't have a reservation just doesn't make any sense and is wrong...who ever reversed this policy needs to sit down and rethink it. So if you are thinking about spending LOTS of money reserving a suite and expecting some perks for it....well a BIG one has just again been lost.

When we were on Oasis last summer in OS merely having a gold card did not get you into any shows without reservations. You had to get a VIP sticker put on your card by the consierge. That said we made our reservations for everything we wanted to see on-line before we sailed - no big deal.

Why would they take away this perk? It seems harmless and (especially) cheap enough.

Maybe suite guests were complaining that they couldn't get seats where they wanted, or when they wanted (ie didn't show up early enough to get the guaranteed seating). Adam doesn't like complainers :rolleyes:

It just seems weird that they would remove a perk (for a $$$ spending group) that really doesn't cost them anything.

My husband and I were in a GS on Oasis last year. I made reservations for all the shows on-line since I wanted to make sure I got the times that I wanted. I didn't think that it was such a burden since there are many other benefits that a suite guest enjoys. Although since there are over 75 suites on Oasis, you do not get the specialized attention as if you were traveling on a Freedom class ship.

I also made the reservations for shows on-line before we went on the Liberty over New Years. We were in a GS.

I am sorry that you were disappointed. I hope that you still enjoyed your cruise.

No need to be sorry..but thanks:) ...I always enjoy....I have sailed Oasis alone 7X with the 8th coming in less than 2 weeks time and a 9th in June However this is just a bad policy change.

When we were on Oasis last summer in OS merely having a gold card did not get you into any shows without reservations. You had to get a VIP sticker put on your card by the consierge. That said we made our reservations for everything we wanted to see on-line before we sailed - no big deal.

The sticker has been eliminated also.

Heaven forbid a suite guest would have to stand in line like a mere commoner :eek:.

Prices for a cruise vary according to the cabin and are determined by location, size, balcony, amenities, butler, piano, hot tub, etc. With the exception of a few perks, it is the cabin that is the difference in cost-not the food, entertainment, etc-those are standard for all on board.

There is no reason someone in a suite should get any priority for shows any more than they should be able to bump others in a line for ice cream or waffles.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

This policy change also now burdens the concierges...who are already quite busy on Oasis....it always amazed me to see how many suite guests didn't make advance reservations and were standing in a big line the first day trying to have the concierges help them get reservations...the concierges also have to do this by phone....they don't have open access on-line.

Well, it does seem odd that they would take away a perk from the big money spenders.

I'm guessing that there were problems when the non-big-money-spenders (that would be me) were having trouble finding seats despite having made reservations because lots of suite folks came in, and so the non-suite folks put up a fuss. Maybe??? That could happen if a large percentage of the suite folks suddenly decided they wanted to go to the same show, right?

I am also guessing that they are only doing it on one ship to see how big of an issue it really is for the suite-holders. Test the waters, so to speak.

Sorry that you were suprised by that change. It's hard for CC planners (myself included) to be given an unexpected rules change! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us, so that others won't share your surprise. :)

Perhaps they were finding so many people were making reservations, suite passengers were arriving to find no space available. If they tried to hold seats for every suite passengers that "might" go to the show, they would have to do the same for the frequent cruisers that have reach a high level...and there are lots of those! Better to take a few minutes & make the reservation. Doesn't require you to go, if you change your mind once on board. Yeah, it requires a little planning, but you would be even more pissed about being turned away at the door for lack of room.

Maybe it is the shear volume of seats that needed to be left open to accomodate the suite passengers? If there are 75 suites that could more than 150 seats that would need to be kept unreserved. Now they all will not show at the same performance but who knows how many will? Possibly they held say 25 per show and had more than that showing up leading to unhappy suites passengers? I can see this as being impossible to predict and definitely leading to issues. By requiring all to have reservations they can plan much better.

What are people that have reservations supposed to do if enough suite people without them are allowed in and then there are no more seats? RCI still reserves seats for suite guests and I can see letting those seats go to suite guests without reservations. But when those are gone then it would seem to make sense to me that those folks should either have to have reservations for the open seating or wait until the threater is opened up for guests without reservations.

Maybe next when the reserved deck chairs by the pool are all filled up suite guests should be able to walk up to someone in the non-reserved area, flash their gold cards and demand that the person in the chair vacate it.

Maybe next when the reserved deck chairs by the pool are all filled up suite guests should be able to walk up to someone in the non-reserved area, flash their gold cards and demand that the person in the chair vacate it.

omg that would be good :p Can you imagine the trip reports?

Maybe it is the shear volume of seats that needed to be left open to accomodate the suite passengers? If there are 75 suites that could more than 150 seats that would need to be kept unreserved. Now they all will not show at the same performance but who knows how many will? Possibly they held say 25 per show and had more than that showing up leading to unhappy suites passengers? I can see this as being impossible to predict and definitely leading to issues. By requiring all to have reservations they can plan much better.

I vote for something similar to this rationale. I'm sorry, I just don't see having to make reservations as being such a HUGE burden that it'll keep suite passengers from sailing on Royal (assuming the change goes fleet wide).

As posters above have noted, I could see a nightmare situation where people who have reserved the show arrive and there's no seat for them because of high suite walk up.... and the other side of the coin where suite people show up and throw a hissy fit because there's no seats for them. I can definitely sympathize with Royal trying to avoid both of the above situations.

This policy change also now burdens the concierges...who are already quite busy on Oasis....it always amazed me to see how many suite guests didn't make advance reservations and were standing in a big line the first day trying to have the concierges help them get reservations...the concierges also have to do this by phone....they don't have open access on-line.

We were also on your cruise this past week and our Diamond Concierge Hayley made all our show reservations on-line. The dinning reservations were another thing, she had to do this by phone.

Heaven forbid a suite guest would have to stand in line like a mere commoner :eek:.

Prices for a cruise vary according to the cabin and are determined by location, size, balcony, amenities, butler, piano, hot tub, etc. With the exception of a few perks, it is the cabin that is the difference in cost-not the food, entertainment, etc-those are standard for all on board.

There is no reason someone in a suite should get any priority for shows any more than they should be able to bump others in a line for ice cream or waffles.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

I agree 100% maybe everyone else on the ship should just put their whole cruise on hold until the people in the suites deceide what they want to do! Everyone else can just sit in their cabins until the suite people figure out want they want to do then everyone else can have the left overs. Give me a break if you dont like it dont pay for the suite.There are other people on the cruise to you know and just because you deceided to pay for a suite doesnt mean it should effect my cruise.If you dont like it pay for a cheaper cabin. Sounds kind of snooby to me.People always think that they are entilted to so much no matter how it affects other people.Hey I just thought of something since the suite people pay so much why not have their own private part of the ship. Lets say the Back 90% of the ship is for the people who paid for a suite and the rest is for the commoner.We will stay in are 10% of the ship and then they:eek: can throw us some morsels once in a while.:(

This isn't a suite guest against all else thread....so no need to turn it that way...I wasn't even staying in a suite on this sailing....but when you are that was a nice perk and part of the reason you are paying $5000/pp instead of $999.

[quote name=dhill; Sounds kind of snooby to me.

Ditto!!! geez' date=' you'd think the Pope was aboard![/quote]

I dont think the pope takes cruises. What does a snooby person act like?

Archived